• Minion

Question Best Place for Viewing POD & BPB?

Hi All,

I am finally getting to go and see all the new 50th stuff next week. I know that I need to be in front of the castle for the Fireworks, but what about both park's parades? Are there some places that are better for seeing everything? My daughter is in a wheelchair, so I made need to take that into account too. Thanks!! I can't wait!!!!!!

• șoș Tom șoș

We all sat on the Tommorowland side of the Hub last night right in front of those rock formations and it was a beautiful view...other than few trees which partially ubstructed the lower half of the Matterhorn. Get there over an hour early, its worth the wait.

• Sock Puppet

Hi Goin2DL,

I'm in a wheelchair so maybe I can help you on this one! I have only seen the parade at night time so the parade route that I'm speeking about is from Main Street going towards Tomorrowland. There is a great wheelchair viewing place right across the street from the Coca Cola plaza on Main Street. It is right next to a roped off area and they don't let people cross while the parade is going (giving the wheelchair guest a great view at the parade coming towards them). What's special about that spot is that the parade makes several stops (right in front of you!) and that's where Mickey and Minnie stop too so you get a great view of them and also great for picture taking. I hope this helps you and have a great time! If you ever need any wheelchair information about Disneyland feel free to ask me.
    Last edited by Mr. Toad; 06-06-2005 at 08:38 AM.

• Artsy Fartsy

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    We all sat on the Tommorowland side of the Hub last night right in front of those rock formations and it was a beautiful view...other than few trees which partially ubstructed the lower half of the Matterhorn. Get there over an hour early, its worth the wait.
    I agree. This is what we did. We steaked our spot 45 minutes before the POD and just stayed there for the RDCT fireworks. This was the best, it really worked. Thats my suggestion.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Minion

The best place for RDCT is right in front of the castle. You can usually find seating for 2 or 3 people an hour before it starts. This gives you a clear shot of the castle graphics, matterhorn, and an unobstructed view of the fireworks. Also everyone will be sitting down so children won't have to worry about not being able to see over someone's head.

But when things start going off around you (Haunted Mansion effect) you'll have to swivel your head to see what's going on around the park.

• Minion

Thanks so much for all of your tips! It's amazing how many new things there are to see....and I was just there in March! 6 more days!!!!!!

• Hooterville, USA

For the parade, we like to sit on the porch of City Hall. Wheelchair accessable too!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market
    I think the best place to watch BPB is right across from the Golden Gate Bridge enterance, on the other side of the "performance corridor" (there is a Finding Nemo Happiest Faces picture to your right and an Incredibles picture to your left if you are standing in the right place.) If you stand around there, the Monsters Inc. float will stop in front of you, and it does some great stuff. Make sure you get a place as close to the street as you can so you can get a nerf ball!

The best place to see the parade in at Point Dennis. (I modestly named it after myself) Which is to the right of City Hall along the route next to the 'drive way' (Left side facing parade) leading to the right tunnel when departing DL.
    By sitting/standing here you can see both sides of a float. Makes for a quick exit if that's your aim.
    And now from my page.

Top Ten Smells Found In, And Around Disneyland.
    10. That yummy burnt coffee smell just inside DCA.
    9. The peppermint smell you get walking by the Candy Shop. Doesn't seem to matter what they're making.
    8. The smell of hot rosin in the Golden Horseshoe.
    7. The tangy aroma of chlorine from the Grizzly Peak water falls.
    6. The dusty smell out in the Ranch.
    5. Sewer gas in many places inside DL.
    4. Christine's hair.
    3. Hair pomade from Scot Bruce.
    2. Musty smell in the Hunted Mansion.
    1. Me, if cabbage was in my past.