Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Helmsdad

Cool Re: Help with Blue Bayou Reservations

Wow. You guys (and gals) are amazing. First I want to thank EVERYONE who posted. I considered every post carefully (while I was on the phone making my reservations). I do understand the concern of her being only 6 but I assure you she is very much a little lady of 6. I am going to make the day completly "her day" which I'm thinking will render her prepared for a grand dining experience at the Bayou by (5:30). She will be thrilled with the atmosphere. She just loves that kind of stuff. She has ridden POTC many times but NEVER been to Blue Bayou. She always asks "what are those people doing" when we float by that part of the ride.

She is going to have to celebrate her actual birthday in a motel in San Diego where she will be competing in a dance competition. That part is unavoidable. I'm planning to surprise her with her very FIRST ANNUAL PASSPORT! Then I will present her with her "coupon" to spend (the next day) at Disneyland with me. I thinking this will work.

Now I really like the idea of dressing up. All little girls (well most) love to get dressed up, as do I. So I'm thinking I want to be comfortable during the day and I really don't want leave the park if I don't have to (like to go the the motel) to change. Should I get a locker? If so, where should we change? A bathroom maybe? That would be okay though but I've never had to get a locker before so I don't know at all how that works. I am willing to do it in order to get dressed up for the dinner. She already has "princess dresses" but I'm thinking I should buy her a brand new one and surprise her with that at the locker too(!). Any suggestions on where to change or how the locker thing works would be greatly appreciated.

She has been to Ariels Grotto several times for lunch so I will probably skip it for this trip. I'm sure I'll probably stop by the Grotto for a drink (or two) though. She loves sitting up there and watching people take off on "Screamer". It's a nice spot to take a break (as long as you use one of the umbrella tables), (sun).

You all are as helpful as any CM I have ever met (and I really like cast members). I think it takes special people to be cast members and I appreciate them all. Lord knows they don't all do it for the money. I don't know what they all get paid but I think it's safe to assume that they are NOT overpaid. So thanks again and any info about lockers and where to change for dinner will be appreciated. I'm starting to get excited about this now!

I'm uploading a picture of her on my signature line.

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Re: Help with Blue Bayou Reservations

Dad of the Year, imo!

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by sixwoofys View Post
    Now I really like the idea of dressing up. All little girls (well most) love to get dressed up, as do I. So I'm thinking I want to be comfortable during the day and I really don't want leave the park if I don't have to (like to go the the motel) to change. Should I get a locker? If so, where should we change? A bathroom maybe? That would be okay though but I've never had to get a locker before so I don't know at all how that works. I am willing to do it in order to get dressed up for the dinner. She already has "princess dresses" but I'm thinking I should buy her a brand new one and surprise her with that at the locker too(!). Any suggestions on where to change or how the locker thing works would be greatly appreciated.
    When my niece was six she loved the BB and even chastised me for having my elbows on the table.

I would recommend a locker. Get one early as they tend to sell out quickly on busy days. You may be able to take her to the "baby care" center and help her get dressed in there.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Minion

Would you be allowed to use the Baby Center, for a family bathroom? I am sure a CM would understand. Or the Secret bathroom is a family bathroom, but its away from the lockers. If she can go by herself, the restrooms near the lockers would be best.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• I'm with Mr. Big!

When I was little, my dad took me on a few daddy-daughter dates. Those were the best! Hope you have a great time with your little one!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Would you be allowed to use the Baby Center, for a family bathroom? I am sure a CM would understand. Or the Secret bathroom is a family bathroom, but its away from the lockers. If she can go by herself, the restrooms near the lockers would be best.
    you mean secret Restroom one over to the Plaza Gardens Stage Himmm
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Neep meep beep

I think this is a great idea! As to your original post, yes, the podium is still there, and yes, you can rush to the Blue Bayou and make a same day reservation, and if you get there early, they're less likely to run out.

But calling the Disney Dining line is really the way to go - less rushing, and you're more likely to get a Priority Seating time, and not be disappointed.

She is going to have to celebrate her actual birthday in a motel in San Diego where she will be competing in a dance competition. That part is unavoidable.

Tell them you are there to celebrate her birthday, they dont ask if its really the actual birthday. We often celebrate a birthday at D/L a little early or late, they are pretty understanding about those things. I have never done a birthday at BB so I dont know if they do anything special but ill bet they do, sing and maybe a special cupcake or something like that. When I called Disney dining for a table at Goofy's Kitchen for the first weekend in Feb, I was taking my oldest niece down for her birthday which is actually in April, they asked on the phone if we were celebrating a birthday, they also asked when I checked in for my table.
    Steve

• Helmsdad

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I have made our reservation at Blue Bayou and I am making hotel reservations currently.

I'm planning to buy her a new dress but probably not a princess dress this time. I just want her to have something really nice and pretty -- but not princess ie: Barbie, Snow White etc. Does anyone have ideas of where I could find nice clothes for little girls? She is 5 years old and VERY petite. Please not Wal-Mart. Target is okay but I would like something really nice.
    I may need to get some dress up type shoes for her also.

I'm going to hide the dress etc. from her in a bag until we're ready to change - then I'm going to say something like "look what Minnie left for you in the locker!" With a special birthday note from Minnie Mouse herself!
    Thanks again in advance for the ideas.

I think we will change in the bathroom closest to the lockers. It isn't perfect of course but It'll do. Usually the ADA stall is large enough for us both to chane in. She'll be happy.

Do us parents really have to leave ALL the spoiling to the grand-parents!?

Did I just say that?

Well, I don't know if you have one in your area, but there is places like Clothes Ave. or the mall always has at least one 'formal' store and usually you can find something there. Macy's and JC Penney also should have something. With June (weddings), Easter, and Prom right around the corner you have to be able to find something. If nothing else ask the nearest teen girl where the 'prom' store is, they'll point you in the right direction. Just make sure you plan for weather, I assume she's not a tomboy so shorts aren't in order. (You may even be able to find a hair tiara too, if you ask the right sales lady, they aren't too hard to put in hair.)
    Oh and make sure the shoes are mildly comfortable and her size. I can't tell you the number of times as a child I was forced to wear uncomfortable shoes, especially in a place like Disneyland. If nothing else her wearing clean white sneakers/sandals won't completely ruin the image.
    I just gotta say as the daughter of a crappy dad, you are being so good to her.
    The more people I meet the more I like animals. -Unknown

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Be sure to get there about 15 or 20 mins before your reservation time, and ask for a waterside table. When we made our reservation with Disney Dining, they advised to do this and it worked out perfectly.

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

• Oh my Goodness!

Awww this is sooo awesome! Make sure that you also go to City Hall right away in the morning and get her a Birthday Button so everyone will know you are celebrating her birthday all day long. The Birthday Buttons tend to give you (epsh. very cute lil kids) a lot of special attention from CMs and Characters.
    Another idea toward the dressing up part, maybe take her to the princess shop and let her pick out on of the pretty crystal looking tiaras to wear! Or...if you really wanna go all out (and I have no idea how much it costs...) go get her hair done in ribbons and glitter and stuff at the Princess Fantasy Fair.
    This is so neat and you are putting so much thought and effort into it! What a great Dad!

• Minion

I wouldn't normally suggest Target for dressy clothes, but I was there the other night and they had some very nice dresses in 4T and 5T for about $15- 20. Also, Kohls is a great place. They have some very nice dresses.

• Helmsdad

Quote Originally Posted by cpdisneyprincess View Post
    Awww this is sooo awesome! Make sure that you also go to City Hall right away in the morning and get her a Birthday Button so everyone will know you are celebrating her birthday all day long. The Birthday Buttons tend to give you (epsh. very cute lil kids) a lot of special attention from CMs and Characters.
    Another idea toward the dressing up part, maybe take her to the princess shop and let her pick out on of the pretty crystal looking tiaras to wear! Or...if you really wanna go all out (and I have no idea how much it costs...) go get her hair done in ribbons and glitter and stuff at the Princess Fantasy Fair.
    This is so neat and you are putting so much thought and effort into it! What a great Dad!
    Thanks for the support and ideas! I didn't even remember about the birthday button. And the princess shop, exactly where is that? Is that the one just inside the castle to the left? Should I take her there first then go to the Fantasy Fair? I thinking maybe it should go like this:

1. Get Locker
    Locker: (hide the dress that Minnie is going to give her).
    and some nicer clothes for me.
    2. City Hall: Get birthday button
    3. Bakers cookie thing at plaza, OR, Tiara store, OR, Princess Fantasy Fair.
    ??
    6. This is her day. It is time for her to tell ME what and where she wants to go/ride/see do. (until dinner reservations at Blue Bayou).

7. 4:15 Locker: "Look what Minnie left for your birthday!": Present killer princess dress. Then change and head for BB. Try to make it by 4:50 or so.

I don't have lunch in there. And a trip to the Cove is a MUST for me, especially later in the afternoon before change time (clothes) and Dinner at BB (5:20 res., so minimum 5:00 check in?) maybe earlier check in I REALLY WANT A WATERSIDE TABLE. Maybe just do lunch on the run so we can continue to do "her thing".

I think we better get there early. The hours that day are 9:00 to 9:00 and I already have motel reservations for that night.
    Still planning the day....

Thanks again Princess NaNa, Disneylandkitty, and EVERYONE else!!

Where's the side street strutters when you need them?

Did I just say that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12