Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Helmsdad

Help with Blue Bayou Reservations

I am planning a surprise trip to Disneyland for my daughter's 6 year old birthday (April). She's been bugging me for a special "daddy/daughter" date thing where we just do something together "only you and me" (her words). So, I want to really make it special for her just like if I was taking a "date" and that would most certainly include a dinner (not lunch) at one of my most favorite restaurants in the world The Blue Bayou. Which is by the way where I also surprised her mother with dinner before she was born.

The last time I made reservations - there was a kind of podium in the front when the park opened and I rushed down and got my reservation in but I understand that has changed.

I don't know how it's done now. Could someone with info please help? I really want to make sure I get this done properly with no mix-ups or disapointments. Any other suggestions would be great - I'll probably make a res for Ariels Grotto also which will allow me to slug down a couple a'Martinis which can also ALWAYS be helpful.

Any other suggestions will be super helpful - it will only be a 1 day trip.
    Thanks in advance.

• no flash photography...

Re: Help with Blue Bayou Reservations

call disney dining and make a priority seating.

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

best daddy ever!!!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Here's the number for Disney Dining!

(714) 781-DINE, or (714) 781-3463.

Sounds like a truely magical time will be spent with your daugher!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Disneyholic

Yep Diney dining is the way to go.
    You can get the # from disneyland website.
    It's pretty simple an actual live person, who at least for me was here in America, will take to you.
    We made res roughly 4 weeks in advance.
    The lady who helped us was able to get a good time that she said would better our odds at getting a water side table.
    Have fun I know we will.
    13 days to go!!!
    "Some imagination Huh?"

• I love loop jokes.

Call (714) 781-3463. At the prompt press #4 so you'll be directed to Disney Dining. Tell the person who answers to phone you want to make priority seating reservations at the Blue Bayou. Do this ASAP! I believe you can make reservation either 30 to 60 days in advance. Also, get to the podium about 15 to 20 minutes before your priority seating time and let them know you're there. This would also be a good time to request a table by the water (I'm sure you know how wonderful the ambiance is there).
    I hope you two have a blast!!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Sixwoofys, I see Penguinsoda and French25fan have beat me to the number! Right on!
    Have a great time!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Sounds like a great idea. I hate to be negative but do you really think a 6 year old is going to like this? I think most kids would be kind of excited at first but could get bored rather quickly and fidgety as they would rather be going on rides instead of sitting down in a restaurant.

Of course I do not know your daughter so I have no idea what she is like. I do know that my 8 year old son would be bored to tears, literally. If it were my situation, I would get us lunch at Tomorrowland Terrace and watch the Jedi show. Obviously your daughter would not be into this (or maybe she would -- who knows). My suggestion is to keep it simple. I have noticed it is during these times that the real magic happens.

Anyway, sorry to be so negative. If you think that she is going to like this, then I say go for it!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Penguin to the rescue. I was about to go find that number. I have already called and made reservations for the meals that we have planned for our trip. I like to plan something special for each day of my trip. It gives us a chance to rest up also.

• Oh my Goodness!

Yes call DisneyDining and get your time all set up there. Then they will probably tell you to check in around 15 minutes before your time - if you want a waterside table (my fav.) i would recommend checking in 20 - 30 minutes before hand. Normally you don't have to wait that whole time. They are pretty quick unless it's SUPER busy. When you check in tell them it's your daughter's birthday - they may do something special. Heck, tell them over the phone too what you are doing. You never know what those Disney people may do for you.
    Ariel's is fun too - epsh. if your daughter is into the Princesses! They come around and visit and chat w/ you. Again I would tell your DisneyDining Rep and the CM at the front desk it is her birthday. With all the Princesses around that could be a lot of fun!
    I hope you have a GREAT trip. It sounds really really special. Like something she'll remember for a long time!

• Oh my Goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Sounds like a great idea. I hate to be negative but do you really think a 6 year old is going to like this? I think most kids would be kind of excited at first but could get bored rather quickly and fidgety as they would rather be going on rides instead of sitting down in a restaurant.

Of course I do not know your daughter so I have no idea what she is like. I do know that my 8 year old son would be bored to tears, literally. If it were my situation, I would get us lunch at Tomorrowland Terrace and watch the Jedi show. Obviously your daughter would not be into this (or maybe she would -- who knows). My suggestion is to keep it simple. I have noticed it is during these times that the real magic happens.

Anyway, sorry to be so negative. If you think that she is going to like this, then I say go for it!
    It all depends on the kid. When I was 6 I LOVED the BB! It was so magical. And girls can be more into that kind of things then boys. I think it's a great idea and very special!

• He's a Beautiful Pirate..

Not Close Enough to the House of the Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

Actually, I think you bring up a great point for a young child. What about Ariels Grotto? Or Goofy's Kitchen where the characters come out? Are the Princess's still there at Ariels Grotto? That would be very cool for a young lady. :-) Whatever you decide, have a wonderful time!!!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by cpdisneyprincess View Post
    It all depends on the kid. When I was 6 I LOVED the BB! It was so magical. And girls can be more into that kind of things then boys. I think it's a great idea and very special!
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing too. My son would be excited for maybe 5 minutes, but then he would start saying, "Are we done yet?" It probably is a lot different with a girl, so I hope the OP has a great time! I was just putting in my two cents (not that anyone had to take it!)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pirateslife4me View Post
    Actually, I think you bring up a great point for a young child. What about Ariels Grotto? Or Goofy's Kitchen where the characters come out? Are the Princess's still there at Ariels Grotto? That would be very cool for a young lady. :-) Whatever you decide, have a wonderful time!!!
    I think many 6yo girls would love the date idea with their dad. I think this is a great idea, and make sure you get the tables by the water. Make sure they know it is her birthday, but with dignity. And, if you can, get dressed up for her. (I know its Disneyland, but this will add to the "She's special". You can always toss the sports coat in a locker after.)

Something like this would have bridged a lot with my girls. My ex's idea of a special weekend with his daughter is to go on a bike (motorcycle) ride and let her watch what she wants at home while he is gone....
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• A Pirate's life for me!

I agree with the kids liking the BB idea's.

One of the first things that the kids ask after I tell them of a planned trip, is that if we have PS's for the Blue Bayou.

Since we always travel to the Park as a family, I've never had the pleasure of sharing a one-on-one meal with any of my kids there, but I know they would LOVE it!

Thankfully, I do make a point to enjoy a meal with each of the four kids individually at various local restaurants near our home once a month (they get to pick where we eat). And I do know that they REALLY appreciate that (and I REALLY enjoy it too!).

So enjoying a meal at the BB would probably be an event that they would "kill" for...

Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast