Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Dreaming of Disneyland

Prince Eric @ DLR

Hi everyone,

I've been scouring the internet for evidence that Prince Eric does indeed exist at DLR outside of Fantasmic! and/or parades. I haven't found anything thus far, and I thought I should ask the authorities Does he ever show up at the Princess Fantasy Faire or anywhere else? Has anyone actually seen him walking around? Thanks!

• Shubisha

Re: Prince Eric @ DLR

He's not even in the parades Only Fantasmic. You'll have to go to any of the other resorts to see him anywhere else, in daytime, etc..

• SpitSpot!

His wig is icky...look for Prince Charming
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

• Future DL Castmember

I've actually heard from a castmember that there isn't enough of a demand for him to actually have him as a walkabout character.

Personally, though, I wish he was one.

• Disneyland Freak

I've never seen Prince Eric as a meet n' greet character at DLR. Not once ever, nor have I ever heard of anyone else seeing him, either, much less at the Fantasy Faire. As far as princes go, his costume is probably the most simple which doesn't bode well for him being a character... people will think he is an area CM or something. Heck, I've seen people mistake Aladdin in Adventureland as an area CM too.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Dreaming of Disneyland

Not enough of a demand?! Now THAT makes me sad. He was my first crush at the tender age of 5

On a slightly related note, my best friend was telling me about these adorable new shirts they just put out at the Disney Store of the various princesses with their princes........Except Ariel is with Sebastian! Are you kidding me?! Prince Eric seems to be gettin' no love.

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak View Post
    I've never seen Prince Eric as a meet n' greet character at DLR. Not once ever, nor have I ever heard of anyone else seeing him, either, much less at the Fantasy Faire. As far as princes go, his costume is probably the most simple which doesn't bode well for him being a character... people will think he is an area CM or something. Heck, I've seen people mistake Aladdin in Adventureland as an area CM too.
    OFF TOPIC: Dl Freak, can you tell me where you got your avitar? I can't communicate with you any other way!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Queen Elsa

I know I've been trying to meet Eric to. The last time I ask a CM she didn't even know who he was? He is the only Prince that I am missing to get all the Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    He is the only Prince that I am missing to get all the Prince.
    Take a picture of him in Fantasmic.

Ta da! There's everyone.

• A Suitcase & A Dream

I've only seen him once during the filming of the 2004 Christmas Parade finale with Fantasia.

• Queen Elsa

Fantacmic doesn't count. U can't really see him to well. I don't count the characters that are in the parades or Fantasmic.

seriously, we need more princes! prince eric is a stud
    If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    Fantacmic doesn't count. U can't really see him to well. I don't count the characters that are in the parades or Fantasmic.

Then you'll need to modify your Hunt count... as most of those characters are ONLY in the Parades or Fantasmic.

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak View Post
    His costume is not simple when wearing his royal outfit, much like he does in the parades at the MK in Florida. The only issue I have is the wig- on the properly casted guy it can look perfect. But most of the time, for some reason, it just doesn't look right. May have to be tweaked a bit in its design.
    As for DL stating that there is not a hight enough demand, remember, for the most part, the meet and greet characters are usually the classic ones, princesses, and whoever is most popular with guests, or those that have instant recognition as 'classic' disney characters. the latest characters from the latest animated film release also would be out, until/unless their popularity diminishes. Disney has a lot of great characters it could put out, but they obviously don't deem it important enough to have a wider, rotating variety- or else they would do it. I feel they have done better lately, but more could be done. It also depends on casting, how many they can/want to hire, and so on.

• Dreaming of Disneyland

Hmm, maybe I'll drop off a note or comment at City Hall requesting Prince Eric as an atmosphere character. I understand that it would be kinda weird for him to walk around, since Ariel wouldn't be "walking" around with him (and all of the other princes have much more mobile princesses, haha). However, I would be perfectly content if I knew that I could find him near Ariel's Grotto in Disneyland (the meet & greet area, not the restaurant in DCA) every once in a while!

To me, he's always been the best prince. He's got the most character and personality (Aladdin's got character, but I don't really consider him a prince). And those blue eyes with that dark hair......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast