Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Shablagoo!

Re: The Frog Princess in New Orleans Square

I liek the designs and yeah, there probably will be a Frog Princess presence in NOS.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

As long as The Frog Princess (Maddy) is time-period appropriate for New Orelans Square, then I'm all for it. I'm not sure when the film is set, but if it isn't contemporary or in the recent past, then it should be fine, and a fantastic addition to New Orleans Square.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    As long as The Frog Princess (Maddy) is time-period appropriate for New Orelans Square, then I'm all for it. I'm not sure when the film is set, but if it isn't contemporary or in the recent past, then it should be fine, and a fantastic addition to New Orleans Square.
    It's set in the 1920s, so it should be perfect. I can't wait for the film, the 20s have always fascinated me.

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    I liked the first portrait of Maddy. If they want Maddy in her flapper wear, they should put her in NOS, but when she's in princess form, she could do double duty and appear in Fantasyland, too.
    I would like to think so. And I know that Belle has appeared in the Park both as "Library Belle" and "Princess Belle."

But let's take poor Cinderella for a moment. And I mean the poor Cinderella. Even though she's a "Princess" for only an extremely small part of the film...that's pretty much the only way you see her these days...in her big ball gown.

I mean...when was the last time you saw Cinderella in this costume?

What little girl wants that tramp's autograph?

But I think you're right. I think that specifically because of New Orleans Square...that they will seriously consider having the dressed down Maddy make appearances there.

But you never know with today's Disney.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    Who the heck is the Frog Princess?
    Thank you for asking...I don't have a clue either! ha!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post

I mean...when was the last time you saw Cinderella in this costume?

Hey! That's the outfit I make MY stepdaughter wear!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    I wish they would have kept Menken. I just can't see Randy Newman doing Disney songs where characters burst into song. He's great with the background anthems for Pixar, but bringing to life a soulfull croc on the banks of the mississip? I'll have to wait and hope.

Don't be too quick to doubt Randy Newman. He's been around writing songs and scores for far longer than Pixar's been around. As much as I would enjoy another Menken musical (we'll be getting one this year anyway with ENCHANTED), Randy Newman writes some pretty good material as well.

...maybe if he doesn't sing it himself though.

And back to the original topic, I'm sure there could be some meet & greets in New Orleans Square but I don't see any ride that could fit into that area.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    And back to the original topic, I'm sure there could be some meet & greets in New Orleans Square but I don't see any ride that could fit into that area.
    Hey! Haunted Mansion is a gen-u-ine New Orleans style Antebellum Mansion. Heck with those boring old ghosts! All that Walt stuff is yesterday's news anyway. We got a new movie to promote!

Say "Hello" to Matty's Mansion! It's a ride everyone will love...warts and all!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    That's my concern, as well. I don't like the idea of changing New Orleans Square in order to make it fit the Jazz Age.

New Orleans Square belongs to Frontierland, and the area should remain the "gay Paris of the American frontier".

As for the film, I hope Disney is not repeating the same mistakes of "Treasure Planet" by taking an existing story and twisting it into something unrecognizable. I have no idea what "The Frog Princess" is going to be like, but it seems as if it will be quite a departure from "The Frog Prince".

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    That's my concern, as well. I don't like the idea of changing New Orleans Square in order to make it fit the Jazz Age.

New Orleans Square belongs to Frontierland, and the area should remain the "gay Paris of the American frontier".

As for the film, I hope Disney is not repeating the same mistakes of "Treasure Planet" by taking an existing story and twisting it into something unrecognizable. I have no idea what "The Frog Princess" is going to be like, but it seems as if it will be quite a departure from "The Frog Prince".
    There's a fairy tale called "The Frog Princess" which is actually quite different from the Frog Prince. I'm not sure what it's all about, but I believe it actually doesn't have much to do with frogs at all.

• Minion

ORGOCH: How 'bout that! Fin'ly they's gonna have somethin' I can really sink my teeth inta. I say let 'em bring ON that Frog leg Princess!!!

• Banned User

a movie set in jazz age new orleans.... I hope the music fits. now if they really wanted some jazz musicians and artists I can think of a few they could hire like harry conick jr( maybe he will be hired to sing) and of course there are still lots of musicians that have been displaced by the hurricane.

• Eeyore smiling

[quote=PragmaticIdealist;1500704]That's my concern, as well. I don't like the idea of changing New Orleans Square in order to make it fit the Jazz Age.
    quote]

Wasn't part of Walt's original plan to have a jazz club above Angel's court? I always thought Jazz was an integral part of NOS.

• Rally Time!

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Hey! That's the outfit I make MY stepdaughter wear!
    ROTFLMAO!

i've seen thousands of your posts Janine - that was the funniest!!!

a friend of Walt.

• Rally Time!

i've looked around a bit - does anyone know if this is based on a previous book? or is it an original Disney screenplay?
    a friend of Walt.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast