Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Disney getting cheap with the merchandise

this probably has already been posted but when I was there I noticed like all the DLR products had the WDW logos on them as well. Could that be any more tacky? having both logos so they dont have to do two seperate ones is so cheap and lame. am I wrong here?

• For You!

Re: Disney getting cheap with the merchandise

I agree with you - they should be separate.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• no flash photography...

The logo doesn't bother me, but i have noticed the quality of the merchandise has gotten a lot cheaper.

• Lost in Wonderland

The logo bothers me. When I went to Disneyland Paris I was so excited to buy stuff that said "Disneyland Paris" if it had said "Disneyland Parks" it wouldn't have been as nifty to buy.

Plus then people don't know which park you bought it at, which kind of sucks.

• Banned User

As I said in another thread, Disney is destroying itself by cheapening and commodifying their brand and their product. Sad. So so sad.

yeah its a bummer when u want location specific stuff. i try to buy stuff thats just dland so its more special
    If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

Japanese Village & Deer Park cheapened their merchandise, and look what happened to them...they no longer exist.
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by adormouse View Post
    The logo bothers me. When I went to Disneyland Paris I was so excited to buy stuff that said "Disneyland Paris" if it had said "Disneyland Parks" it wouldn't have been as nifty to buy.

Plus then people don't know which park you bought it at, which kind of sucks.
    You can always tell A Disneyland Paris souvenir, as they are all made out of cheese. (Frommage!!!)
    **prepares to be smited by frenchfan25**

• Rock Star Minion

I'm not sure if "cheap" is the word. "Tacky" might not work, either. Well, maybe the latter does, since it implies some expectation of class, as defined by us Dis-fans, not being met.

"Conscienciously despecializing the product" might be more appropriate.

Now, if everyone were to stop buying said merchandise, we just might be able to cause a small ripple on the revenue side maybe getting someone's attention.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Fight On for ol' SC!

I hate the WDW logo over all the DL stuff. I hate seeing both logos on the same product. Atleast it hasn't come to pins...yet.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    I hate the WDW logo over all the DL stuff. I hate seeing both logos on the same product. Atleast it hasn't come to pins...yet.
    To be honest, I hate the WDW logo, period. What happened to the ORIGNAL WDW logo. And Tokyo Dinseyland's? You know, Disneyland Paris was the *first* Disney park to use Walt Disney's signature style, and it was great because each park/resort had their own unique logo...then suddenly, the original WDW logo with the Mickey Globe Head dissappears and now it's got Walt Disney's signature. And now Tokyo uses it. And for awhile they even used it at Disneyland until Matt Ouimet brought back the original. You see? Homoginization. Everything becomes the same and bland. Disney has some real idiots working in that company. It disgusts me.

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

I believe that Disneyland merch is based in Florida.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    To be honest, I hate the WDW logo, period. What happened to the ORIGNAL WDW logo. And Tokyo Dinseyland's? You know, Disneyland Paris was the *first* Disney park to use Walt Disney's signature style, and it was great because each park/resort had their own unique logo...then suddenly, the original WDW logo with the Mickey Globe Head dissappears and now it's got Walt Disney's signature. And now Tokyo uses it. And for awhile they even used it at Disneyland until Matt Ouimet brought back the original. You see? Homoginization. Everything becomes the same and bland. Disney has some real idiots working in that company. It disgusts me.

Speaking as a graphic designer *gains respect of world*, there's really no way a company that wishes to present itself as progressive and modern would use that logo into the year 2007, except maybe on novelty T-shirts or retro gift items. I personally think it's wonderful, and it could have been spruced up a bit in the way they modernize old supermarket brands*, but that Mickey globe is just too '70s/'80s. It's just not going to happen.

*You know, that sort of subtle changing that retains the strength of the identity blah blah...

Argh.... the two-logos-on-one-merchandise-tag thing bugs the heck out of me. They've been doing it for years.

Nothin' like seeing merchandise for "Stitch's Great Escape" at Disneyland with a WDW and DLR logo on it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Speaking as a graphic designer *gains respect of world*, there's really no way a company that wishes to present itself as progressive and modern would use that logo into the year 2007, except maybe on novelty T-shirts or retro gift items. I personally think it's wonderful, and it could have been spruced up a bit in the way they modernize old supermarket brands*, but that Mickey globe is just too '70s/'80s. It's just not going to happen.

*You know, that sort of subtle changing that retains the strength of the identity blah blah...
    I like the Globe head, it's Walt Disney World.

Here are the other logo's:

Ignore the Magic Kingdom one and look at all of the others with the original WDW logo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast