Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Verizon cell phone issue at DL

So I went to the park around 11am to meet up with my friend Jessi. I got off the tram and instantly had no cell phone service! It took us a good 45 minutes to find each other, and it turns out, she had no service once she got to the park either. There were a lot of people wandering around the hub, just looking at their cell phones, probably trying to find service. Seems to have only affected Verizon users, and once I got back to the parking structure, it was working fine.

Anyone else notice this today?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Re: Verizon cell phone issue at DL

I wasn't there but it certainly sounds like a temporary outage, as I usually get good signal strength from Verizon all around the Resort, except in some show buildings.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Yeah, I've never had a problem there before, must have been some temporary glitch. Or Verizon really, REALLY pissed off the Disney gods.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    So I went to the park around 11am to meet up with my friend Jessi. I got off the tram and instantly had no cell phone service! It took us a good 45 minutes to find each other, and it turns out, she had no service once she got to the park either. There were a lot of people wandering around the hub, just looking at their cell phones, probably trying to find service. Seems to have only affected Verizon users, and once I got back to the parking structure, it was working fine.

Anyone else notice this today?
    Interesting. I will see if there is the same problem tomorrow

• A Pirate's life for me!

Governmental conspiracy.

Be afraid...Very afraid.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Can't the Gods pick another service other than Verizon??? Please!!!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Minion

Blog Entries

Ok so I work here and for the past two days I have had nothing but issues the moment I step on to the resort. I am really starting to get irritated by it. I am tempted to call verizon and tell them to kiss and make up with Disney. Quickly.
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Himmm I have old tri service verizon Cellphone and I alway get signal.

what type phone you have?
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• Minion

Blog Entries

I have the EnV and typically I have service as well but just the past couple of days it hasn't been working.
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

I had issues with my Verizon service when I was there last weekend. A lot of issues. It was very frustrating.

• Basking in birthday love

I noticed that I didn't have any service when I went backstage on my first break to use my phone. By lunch, everything was working normally again. Seemed to be a temporary outage.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Exclamation Re: Verizon cell phone issue at DL

I had the same problem with Verizon today, all over between the two parks... most of the time there was no signal at all. The moment I got to the parking area it was fine though.

Really strange. It seems like the problems were only in the main park (Disneyland & DCA/Main Entry Plaza) area itself... as soon as I got to Harbor or over to Disneyland Drive it worked great. Hopefully it's just a temp problem, I left by about 1pm.
    -Wes

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    Can't the Gods pick another service other than Verizon??? Please!!!
    Well they sure don't like T-Mobile in New Orleans Square. I always have little to no service at all in that land on a normal basis.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Has anyone tried calling VZW Customer Service about it? They can't tell you what is happening, but getting the message sent to the Engineering Staff that there's trouble might get it looked into faster. And therefore fixed faster.

"Can you hear me now? Good!"

Oh, and are any of you who had having troubles using internal antenna phones?

Nokia's always seem to have problems with marginal signals because of the marginal antenna. But my LG has the good old pull-out antenna and I can talk almost anywhere. If there are problems inside Disneyland I'll know about it this weekend, I have my phone set to beep on loss of signal.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Has anyone tried calling VZW Customer Service about it? They can't tell you what is happening, but getting the message sent to the Engineering Staff that there's trouble might get it looked into faster. And therefore fixed faster.
    Very good advise. I have a story about just that.

A year or so ago, a person I was working with in Houston, Texas mentioned to me that they were no longer getting a signal at their downtown office or at best it was intermittent, where before it was strong. This had been going on for 2 days with many people in the office complaining about it. The next day I visit the office myself and sure enough, my cell wasn't getting a signal either. So from a land line I called Verizon to ask when they were going to have it fixed. The gal I talked to said they had no other records of reports of bad or no reception downtown. None.

She started to suggest maybe it was something with my cell phone that was the problem. I told her that everyone with Verizon there was having the same problem. Anyway, she eventually "escalated" my call to Engineering or some other department and that guy took down all the specific particulars of my location, and he indeed confirmed that I was apparently the first guy to call this problem in!

I told him I just couldn't believe that. What with all the business people in that part of downtown Houston...nobody had yet called to complain??? He swore he had nothing on his board about it. Zip.

Anyway he called me back the very next day to confirm that there was indeed a problem with one of the cells or towers in the area, and they would have it fixed by that afternoon (which they did). And thanked me for making them aware of it.

It just amazed me that I was the first to call it in. I guess everyone thought they must be aware of it automatically somehow, or that other people must have already called it in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast