Thread: oct. 27-31

Question oct. 27-31

This is the weekend I think I'm going to go! I have a few questions before iI book it. I know alot of you are from the area so you propably don't stay at the hotels, but if anyone has they can help out. I want to stay on property, so out of the three hotels which one do I stay at? Also I plan to go to DLP and WDW in 2006. Does anyone know about premium annual passes? Are they good at every park? Do they run for a year from when you get them? From what I understand if I go for two weekends and one week then it should pay for itself. Does anyone know if having a PAP helps at all with the cruise line? Back to the date I'm going to DL, is that a good time? Is it crowded? How are the DL holloween decorations? I've seen pics of WDW at that time and it was great. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

... oh yea can we set up a meet for then?
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I do know that having an AP will not get you into DLP- they have their own passes, although it might get you discounts there and on the cruise line. As far as hotels got, it just depends on what you are looking for- Paradise Pier is the "economy" (haha) more familiy oriented property. DLH is more historic and has great themeing- its the midpriced property. GCH is the top end resort property, if you are looking for luxury, this is the property for you.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Zapp's Minion :D

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disney24/7
    This is the weekend I think I'm going to go! I have a few questions before iI book it. I know alot of you are from the area so you propably don't stay at the hotels, but if anyone has they can help out.
    1. I want to stay on property, so out of the three hotels which one do I stay at?
    2. Also I plan to go to DLP and WDW in 2006. Does anyone know about premium annual passes?
    3. Are they good at every park?
    4. Do they run for a year from when you get them? From what I understand if I go for two weekends and one week then it should pay for itself.
    5. Does anyone know if having a PAP helps at all with the cruise line?
    6. Back to the date I'm going to DL, is that a good time?
    7. Is it crowded?
    8. How are the DL holloween decorations? I've seen pics of WDW at that time and it was great. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

9. ... oh yea can we set up a meet for then?
    This several more than a few.
    1. Any of them are fine. They're all in walking distance to the two parks. DL Hotel is close to the monorail stop.
    2. PAP at DLr allows you to enter the park every day of the year (as long as the park is open to the general public). Depending on when you go (off-season (Deluxe), or mid-summer/holidays (Premium)), and whether you stay on property (PAP includes parking at the structure), and how much money you plan to spend (PAP has disconts on food and souvenirs (don't know how much), maybe the Deluxe AP would be a better value than the PAP.
    3. No.
    4. They run for a year once you start using it to enter the parks.
    5. I don't think so. Depends on what you're thinking about: discounts, wait-list privileges, fancier cabins?
    6. It's an ok time. Weekends are busy, and that weekend might be a bit busier than most.
    7. It will be more crowded on the weekend than an average October/November(pre-Thanksgiving) weekend. The weekdays will be a lot better.
    8. They're ok. Haunted Mansion has a special overlay of Nightmare Before Christmas characters and items and special souvenirs.
    9. You can try to set up a meet. "If you set it up, they will come."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion
    thanks for your help but, i've already checked the disney info on the hotels and the passes. for the hotels i was looking for more of a personal choice maybe someone who has actually stayed there, and about the passes it doesn't say weither or not they can be used at all the parks and before i called i figured i'd ask the board!!!

• Zapp's Minion :D

Sorry,

I've stayed at almost all the hotels around the DLR. The Grand Cal is the best, but it's pretty pricey. The Park Inn is right across the street, it's nice and a good price, and the Holiday Inn is around the corner. I stayed there last month, great rooms, short walk to the park and fair prices.

I think the AP is only good at the Disneyland resort and you get discounts through out the DLR. (I think 15% off for PAP holders)

• Minion

I am under the impression that October is one of the slower months as it is the only month that doesn't have any blockout dates on the Deluxe pass.

bump

• Minion

First of all, the AP will not get you a discount on the Disney Cruise Line. We sailed the Magic and it didn't get us squat! But if you're a AAA member, and book through them, you get some extra perks.

APs are different for all parks so getting one at one park will not get you into another one. As far as discounts on admission to the other parks outside CA, you don't get any. Your best bet is to go through a travel agency (ie. AAA ) to get anything like that.

Staying on property is not like staying on property at WDW. Disneyland Resort is not secluded like WDW so if someone here makes a recommendation to stay at another non-disney hotel, believe me, these hotels are a lot closer than the ones at WDW in relation to the DL/DCA. But my family has stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and Grand California Hotel. Its really a toss up because both are different and I don't think one offers more than the other as the WDW do. Yes the Grand California is nice but when we brought the kids, it seemed a little small for us. We even had a cool room with the bunk beds. Another time we had a corner room at the Disneyland Hotel and it was awesome. We requested a high floor overlooking the DTD. We stayed there around Sept or Oct (don't remember) and the rates (for APs) back then were $180 (not including resort tax/fee, other taxes, etc) per night. I also think the bed was more comfortable at DH. But as far as the Paradise Pier, its the cheaper of the three and it used to be owned by another company before DL bought it. I've never been in the rooms so I can't tell you how it is but I do know that they pipe in the music for the fireworks (at least they used to) into the rooms. So you could watch from your balcony if you want.

October is relatively slow but with the 50th...you never know. They also may be offering discounts for So.Cal residents and if they do, it will tend to be quite busy. However, Knott's Berry Farm has their annual Halloween Haunt and that is a special event (if you dont know already) through the month of October. That takes away from a lot of Disney attendance even though DL has their halloween thing. DL really can't compete with Knotts on that one. Actually I suggest as a side trip you may want to do that but only if you are into getting scared and like blood and gore and stuff. Otherwise, don't go if you're not into that but it sells out each year.

The great thing about Disneyland as opposed to WDW, everything is relatively close. If you don't feel like eating at the Park, there are numerous restaurants to fill the void within walking distance. And since you are coming all this way to California...you really have to go to the beach, Hollywood/Vine or a drive to San Diego! Yes we have the original but there's so much more around us as well.

Hope this helps.

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion

I think the AP is only good at the Disneyland resort and you get discounts through out the DLR. (I think 15% off for PAP holders)

No. I have used my discount at both Paradise Pier and GCH as well. If I recall correctly the discount was 10%. I do have a PAP.