Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Lowering Expectations

Angry For the last time, I don't want to take the 5!

I take the 57 freeway and go down Ball Rd. to get to the Disneyland Resort. I do not take the 5.

So as one exits the M&F parking structure, a sign says "Ball Road Merge Right." So I do. But then there are lines of cones and those big signs with arrows blocking the way and they force me to go down a 2-lane overpass that feeds the 5. From there, I have to take a street over the 5, down this weird dark residential street with stop signs and a railroad track down the middle (?), reach Harbor, and then finally turn back onto Ball.

I'd like to know why this is done because it really ticks me off. I know Disney loves the 5 but it doesn't really take me the direction I need to go. Yes I'm aware that I can take the 91 from the 5 and connect back to the 57, but what if I don't want to do that? Call me stubborn, but it just doesn't seem like a fitting way to conclude an otherwise perfectly magical experience when I'm dumped somewhere that requires me to go the long way around, when it could have been so much more direct.

Folks who park in DTD parking do not have this problem, to my knowledge...

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: For the last time, I don't want to take the 5!

You aren't the only one who hates this cause I HATE IT WITH A PASSION!!! It's honestly so friggin' moronic of Disney on SOOO many levels. There have been times where I flipped a "U" after those yellow cones in the middle of the street by the on ramps to the five cause I needed to get to my friend's house who literally lives like right across the street from DLR or I want to get gas at the gas station I always go to on Ball Rd. and State College Blvd. and I haven't been the only one doing so, people who don't come to Disneyland often can seriously get lost in Anaheim being forced to go on the 5 or the street that "forces" us to the 5. Does Disney not comprehend that not everyone and their moms comes to Disneyland by the 5??? And I've done the whole 5 North to 91 East to 57 North to drive home and it's more mileage than driving down Ball to the 57 North, etc. and with these gas prices, I ain't doing that crap any time soon. I know they probably pull this crap to prevent crowding on Ball Road but ya know, they only have themselves to blame for it. I'm just glad I haven't been caught flipping u-turns by the Anaheim PD because I'd just simply tell them that I don't know how to get home other than driving on Ball to the 57, and since I don't have a GPS system in my car what are they going to tell me?
    I've gone up all the way that street they force you on and it takes you to Lincoln but there isn't much on Lincoln that I need to see compared to Ball (McD's, gas stations at intersections mentioned, etc.). Unfortunately, I always forget to go to City Hall to find out way they do this stupid thing. This is one move from Disney that I have NEVER liked.

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Unfortunately, I always forget to go to City Hall to find out way they do this stupid thing.
    Obviously since I'm driving away, I've never taken the time to ask some questions about this either. It's an inconvenience to me so I think it's worth the bother of telling someone.

"DARKBEER?"

• Premium Youngling and

I dont like dealing with the numerous ways they can send you out of that structure so I just park in the Timon lot. Just because it says that you have to park at the M&F structure on your AP doesnt mean that you have to

• Lowering Expectations

That's sage advice, Abominable. I'll have to remember that.

But the Timon lot isn't always open. Last time I went that way, I was sent all the way around the merry-go-round behind DCA, back to M&F.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I noticed some lovely new plastic dividers up yesterday as well. At least...they look new to me.

I say....LET'S BLOW THROUGH THE CONES!

WHO'S WITH ME??

VIVE LE 57!! We demand our right to merge!

DOWN with the traffic control Bourgeoisie! We want our FREEDOM!

To the parking structure! They can't ticket ALL of us, can they??

• Feed the Ducks!

I believe that it's due to fireworks and people that used to stop there and watch them. It annoys the heck out of me too, as I live down Ball.

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    From there, I have to take a street over the 5, down this weird dark residential street with stop signs and a railroad track down the middle (?)
    Just a friendly warning. Be careful when going through this street because there is sometimes an Anaheim Police motorcycle waiting on one of those dark side streets. So, try not to perform any illegal u-turns or speed there...
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Lowering Expectations

Thanks for the heads up PW. I am a careful driver.

• Sock Puppet

GO GO CALTRANS! California roads and streets kick butt...oh wait, no they don't.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

They started doing the 'forced flyover', after a series of accidents last summer. Too many confused drivers attempting to merge at the last moment. Since most people need the flyover, they put up the cones and truck around 8-9pm on most busy nights. Hopefully this is a temporary issue, and will be addressed.
    -Monorail Man

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Ken View Post
    I believe that it's due to fireworks and people that used to stop there and watch them. It annoys the heck out of me too, as I live down Ball.
    There are usually a couple of idiots who stop their cars on that onslaught of cones at the exit of the parking structure, before the offramp, to watch the fireworks. It slows down traffic miserably . However, I do often times see security there to prevent this from happening...
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Special Agent

You could always take the 5 south to Katella and trek over to the 57.

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    You could always take the 5 south to Katella and trek over to the 57.
    Hmm, I suppose...but that would be admitting defeat. And anyway, going south is the wrong direction for me.
    Last edited by 2DieFR; 03-10-2007 at 12:01 AM.

• Banned User

I will avoid the 5 even in Seattle, if at all possible! Funny that people feel the same about the I-5 in Anaheim! ha!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast