Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Thumbs down Disgusted "Rockin'" Letter To Disney

Well, this past weekend I had the fortunate, or unfortunate (it's all relative I suppose), chance to experience both the Rockin' attractions.

I DID NOT LIKE THEM AT ALL!

I thought I'd share with you all the letter that I mailed off to Disney today.

...Joe...
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Dear Disneyland Resort,

My name is Joseph Nielsen. I am writing you in regards to your recent promotion for Rockin’ Space Mountain & Rockin’ California Screamin’. I wanted to bring to your company’s attention how incredibly disappointed I am in the presentation of these events. It is clear to me that there was not an ample amount of funding put behind these projects. Amateur-looking images in Space’s “sky,” bright lighting allowing Space’s tracks to become visible, and static-sounding speakers on California’s coaster trains made for an excruciatingly under-whelming experience. The music selection being The Red Hot Chili Peppers also did not enhance the experience, nor did it exude the Disney spirit.

I do, however, applaud the attempt and desire to try something new. Sadly, though, this recent endeavor came nowhere near hitting its mark. I cannot wait until these two attractions return to their original glory so I may enjoy them once again.

Disney, please, next time your company decides to embark on its next creative journey please make sure more time, thought, and money is poured into the project.

Sincerely,
    Joseph T. Nielsen

• :)

Re: Disgusted "Rockin'" Letter To Disney

Very nice, but there is some punctuation which will need to be corrected

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Although I agree with you, I think you've opened up a can of worms.

Be prepared for half of this community to blast you for writing a letter than "only an AP" would write.

After the initial generic one-fits-all form letter that Disney sends to you, I'd like to see their actual response letter - if they even bother to send one to you!

• :)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post

Be prepared for half of this community to blast you for writing a letter than "only an AP" would write.

After the initial generic one-fits-all form letter that Disney sends to you, I'd like to see their actual response letter - if they even bother to send one to you!
    I agree, they get countless letters, e-mails, and city hall complaints everyday I assume. You'll most likely get a generic letter in response saying thank you for your concern and or opinion and how their "really listening". Who knows what actually happens or if any of the folks in charge of the ''rockin''' campaign will even see or hear your input

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Space Mt was definitely decreased in ticket value with Rockin,
    and yes, the choice of RHCP is certainly not a good choice for
    Disney.

But for California Screamin, it really just doesn't matter what
    kind of music they blast on this thing, as the original song
    really doesn't fit in with any sort of them being conveyed in
    Paradise Pier ~ the whole attraction is just a eyesore for
    ANY Disney Park, any coaster in DL is so much better themed
    in DL, heck even that awful Go-Coaster In Toontown. SO
    they really could put and kind of music on CA Screamin, and
    in my opinion it couldn't be any more contemptable.

Screamin is just an awful reminder of the Pressler and Eisner
    years.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I agree with your sentiments. After having experienced both Rockin' Space Mountain and Rockin' Screamin'...

Space Mountain's "Rockin" overlay is kind of like the Fremont Street Experience crossed with a bunch of red lights.

Screamin: There's something different? The music. Oh

"Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I agree, they get countless letters, e-mails, and city hall complaints everyday I assume. You'll most likely get a generic letter in response saying thank you for your concern and or opinion and how their "really listening". Who knows what actually happens or if any of the folks in charge of the ''rockin''' campaign will even see or hear your input
    It would be nice to think my letter will make its way to someone who can actually do something about it. However, I'm not going to hold my breath. I just wanted to let them know how I felt.

As for getting a generic letter, I have yet to receive one of those. Maybe this will be the first time. Each time I've ever written anything good - or bad - I've always received phone call from a Disney representative. Granted the response was verbally generic..."We're sorry...," "I'm happy that...," "I'll make sure the right people get this letter...," etc. BUT, at least I talked to a real person!

And for the possible "blasting" that could happen, I'm fine with it. It's their opinion, just as this letter is my opinion. What will be will be I say.

Anyway, I'll let you guys know what happens.

...Joe...

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Space Mt was definitely decreased in ticket value with Rockin,
    and yes, the choice of RHCP is certainly not a good choice for
    Disney.

But for California Screamin, it really just doesn't matter what
    kind of music they blast on this thing, as the original song
    really doesn't fit in with any sort of them being conveyed in
    Paradise Pier ~ the whole attraction is just a eyesore for
    ANY Disney Park, any coaster in DL is so much better themed
    in DL, heck even that awful Go-Coaster In Toontown. SO
    they really could put and kind of music on CA Screamin, and
    in my opinion it couldn't be any more contemptable.

Screamin is just an awful reminder of the Pressler and Eisner
    years.
    =O Screamin' is one of the top rated coasters in California!

By the ACE community.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Fastest Man Alive

Look, if Al is correct (he usually is) the whole Rockin' concept has not gone over as well as intended. It's not a failure, but it's not the runaway success that HalloweenTime was, and that's probably what Disney was hoping for. The buzz going is that, 'don't worry, it won't be coming back. this project has all the makings of a future Yesterland column'.

I think The Music on California Screamin' is really fun. I dont see how you could prefer the other lame music. All Disney did was promote this event as "Two coasters Rockin out to new music." They didnt advertise the new show elements in space at all. I really think the negative spin put on the "Nighttime Version" that started Several years ago by this very website really makes you over think the whole "Money" Issue. We all know the History of Rocket Mountain according to AL and It is clear it has affected your view.

• Disabled Guest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Look, if Al is correct (he usually is) the whole Rockin' concept has not gone over as well as intended. It's not a failure, but it's not the runaway success that HalloweenTime was, and that's probably what Disney was hoping for. The buzz going is that, 'don't worry, it won't be coming back. this project has all the makings of a future Yesterland column'.
    They simply wanted something to attract visitors during the traditional slow period. They know that the attractions aren't great and I am sure we won't be seeing them again.

I am one however who was very intrigued by the original idea for Rokit' Mountain. Everything that we were hearing from all the insiders was that it was going to be something pretty sweet. However, the suits wanted SM open for the "50th" and the imagineers did not have the time to install all of the awsome effects that were planned. I am hoping that someday the original idea can be installed. I do not think it should be anytime soon however. They have many more pressing issues to deal with starting with everything around SM from HISTA to the Peoplemover etc.

Anyway, just my 2 cents! Thanks for reading!

The "Rockin" versions of the two coasters did not leave me thinking they were the best thing since sliced bread, but I enjoyed both of them very much. I don't necessarily prefer California Screamin' better with the new soundtrack or the old one, but I appreciate that the sound system now works for the most part. It didn't work as consistently before the Rockin promotion started. I'm fine with Space Mtn. either way as well. I kind of liked the new soundtrack, especially the dj blasting you off at the beginning, and I liked being able to see a little bit of where I was going, but I'm fine with the regular version too.

Basically, I don't see the need to complain about it. It's not bad really, and it will go away soon.

• Helmsdad

My entire family would super support the idea of bringing back the ORIGINAL Space Mountain music for the ride. My kids LOVE the Dick Dale version and listen to the CD all the time. Because of the height restriction they could not ride until the Dick Dale music was gone. Now I have 2 that can ride and both would RELISH the idea of being able to ride it - like it was ORIGINALLY INTENDED.

I was there in '77 when it opened. The music was dyn-o-mite. We should ALL get a chance to experience it the way it was INTENDED. Yes, even our children - I think they deserve it. Thanks for letting me have my two cents. (Keeping my fingers crossed).

Did I just say that?

• The one, the only...

Space Mountain has always been one of, if not the best ride at Disneyland. When you change something that was done so well to begin with, there will be complaints. Would someone want to improve the Mona Lisa? I don't think so.

I think that Disney "changed" Space Mountain only because they could, not because it was an improvement. They simply wanted to do a new ride on the cheap. Space Mountain's recent renovation allowed for some "extras" to be added. Those turned out not to enhance the experience at all. Riding in the dark made the ride seem faster. When the lights came on, then the ride seemed more like a coaster and less like a space ride. There are plenty of coasters in the world, but few allow you to ride in darkness. That is what made Space Mountain special.

Screamin' seems more like your ordinary coaster that can be found at most amusement parks. It is not the fastest or longest or highest or anything special coaster in So California. It is just a coaster. One can change the music on that ride, and little is really changed of the over all experience. It is just a coaster.

Disney got what they wanted from Rockin the parks. They drew thousands of AP's and others to "test" the new rides. While they were there they bought food and maybe some souvenirs. That increased income at the same time increasing attendance. Next year though, they will fail if they try to repeat the same rockin' promotion.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Quote Originally Posted by sixwoofys View Post
    My entire family would super support the idea of bringing back the ORIGINAL Space Mountain music for the ride. My kids LOVE the Dick Dale version and listen to the CD all the time. Because of the height restriction they could not ride until the Dick Dale music was gone. Now I have 2 that can ride and both would RELISH the idea of being able to ride it - like it was ORIGINALLY INTENDED.

I was there in '77 when it opened. The music was dyn-o-mite. We should ALL get a chance to experience it the way it was INTENDED. Yes, even our children - I think they deserve it. Thanks for letting me have my two cents. (Keeping my fingers crossed).
    Disney added music in 1996. There was no music in '77. What I did during cast previews was bring my ipod on the ride and start the Dick Dale music right when the new audio kicks in. It isnt perfect but at least your kids can get a general idea.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast