• Sock Puppet

Rockin' the Disney Image

I've never been on Rockin' Space Mountain or Rockin' California Screamin', nor will I ever have the chance, so this is from an outsider who only knows what she reads.

I think the majority of you, the Disney fans, and the public agree that the Rockin' promotions haven't exactly gone over well. While most of the complaints I've seen about the new overlays for Space Mountain and California Screamin' focus on the poor show elements and overall weak idea, there have been the few "The Red Hot Chili Peppers? The guys who have performed with only socks covering their privates?" comments thrown out.

A change in band may not necessarily improve the rides, but do you think the promotion would have been at least received better had a more Disney-friendly band been chosen?

All the Rockin' flaws aside, if the choice of band and music came down on your shoulders, who/what would you choose?

• Banned User

Re: Rockin' the Disney Image

I liked "Let it out" from Hoobastank for the Grad Nite 2006 version of RockIT Mountain? They probably never used them because most people know RHCP than Hoobastank.

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

I think it would be kinda neat to bring Space's old track in for the Rockin overlays over all I loved both Rockin's it added a reason to go back on them more and more before they leave.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

Space Mountain just doesn't work if it's not in the dark... it's really just a so-so roller coaster if you can see where you're going, which is what the Rockin' promotion has done with all the lighting effects. While the Rockin' version is kind of cool the first time, like riding Space with the lights on, I think it's more enjoyable when it's in the dark like it was intended.
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

• Rat Tat Tat.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtommorrow View Post
    Space Mountain just doesn't work if it's not in the dark... it's really just a so-so roller coaster if you can see where you're going, which is what the Rockin' promotion has done with all the lighting effects. While the Rockin' version is kind of cool the first time, like riding Space with the lights on, I think it's more enjoyable when it's in the dark like it was intended.

I agree, the ride is even more fun when the stars aren't even on or any projections. The darker, the better. Lights really make it less interesting since the track itself is a rather tame design. In terms of music choice, I think it is OK, but not great.

• Grumpy old man

Quote Originally Posted by nemofinder22 View Post
    I think it would be kinda neat to bring Space's old track in for the Rockin overlays over all I loved both Rockin's it added a reason to go back on them more and more before they leave.
    The old soundtrack would definitely be a plus for a "Rockin" promotion as it fits both the Rockin theme and Space theme.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Musically I'd love to have heard Rockin' Disney tunes like the ones on this killer Disney Musical Tribute CD from Japan Moshpit On Disney. Specifically Acidman's "Colors of the Wind", A Band Apart's "Give A Little Whistle" which both blaze. American Hi-FI's "When You Wish Upon A Star", Kenzi Masubuchi's "Main Street Electrical Parade - Baroque Hoedown (DISNEYLAND) woukld have worked nicely too. Anyone of them A) Rocks harder than the RCHP tracks chosen and B) Re-enforces the Disney connection in a fun and unexpected way.

But that's just MY opinion.

Mosh Pit On Disney Japanese Homepage
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Zero Blockout Dates

Musically I'd love to have heard Rockin' tunes like the ones on this killer Musical Tribute CD from Japan Moshpit On Disney.

Specifically Acidman's "Colors of the Wind", A Band Apart's "Give A Little Whistle" which both blaze. American Hi-FI's "When You Wish Upon A Star", Kenzi Masubuchi's "Main Street Electrical Parade - Baroque Hoedown (DISNEYLAND) would have worked nicely too. Anyone of them A.) Rocks harder than the RCHP tracks chosen and B.) Re-enforces the Disney connection in a fun and unexpected way.

But that's just MY opinion.

Mosh Pit On Disney Japanese Homepage
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by eternalstench (Emphasis added by Monorail Man) View Post
    I think the majority of you, the Disney fans, and the public agree that the Rockin' promotions haven't exactly gone over well. I've never been on Rockin' Space Mountain or Rockin' California Screamin', nor will I ever have the chance, so this is from an outsider who only knows what she reads.
    I disagree with the Public perspective of it failing. There's loads of guests that are enjoying R'SM and R'CS (look at the standby time on the weekdays, it's still around 60-80 minutes). Just remember that any perspective that you see on MiceChat, or anywhere on the 'Net is jaded. No single source represents the overall views of the whole. Rockin' was not created to please the Passholders or dedicated Disney fans (who would/wouldn't come or experience it anyway).

Remember Main Street State Fair days? They stuck a ferris wheel outside the berm. There wasn't any public outrage then, and there seems to be none now. Don't let the views of a handful of members on a few websites lead you to believe that most of the guests are complaining. As well, there's no LA Times areticle about how "bad" it is (unlike the TSI changes).
    -Monorail Man

I would like to hear "Sailing" by Christopher Cross played on Splash Mountain right after you go down the big thing.
    "See, I didn't get the name Bad Billy Pratt for nothing."

• Feed the Ducks!

They could have Ozzy's "Crazy Train" for Thunder Mountain.

ok here's what would be awesome for all the rockin' versions of rides:

Rockin' Thunder Railroad: "East Bound & Down" By Jerry Reed
    Rockin' Space Mountain: "The Trooper" by Iron Maiden
    Rockin' It's A Small World: "Love Will Keep Us together" by Captain & Tennielle
    Rockin' Indiana Jones Adventure: "Let Me Ride" by Dr. Dre (only the ride will be REALLY slowed down so it will seem like you're slowly rolling through the adventure on a jeep with hydraulics)
    "See, I didn't get the name Bad Billy Pratt for nothing."