View Poll Results: Rumored Little Mermaid Dark Ride... Which Songs From Sountrack Would You Include?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Under the Sea sung by Sebastian & Sea Creatures

61 80.26%
  • Fathoms Below sung by Sailors

17 22.37%
  • Daughters of Triton sung by Tritons daughters

3 3.95%
  • Part of Your World sung by Ariel

47 61.84%
  • Poor Unfortunate Souls sung by Ursula

44 57.89%
  • Les Poissons sung by Chef Louis

10 13.16%
  • Kiss the Girl sung by Sebastian

51 67.11%
  • Part of Your World (Finale) sung by Chorus

27 35.53%
  • Include every song in the movie.

8 10.53%
  • No songs. Just include the instrumental score.

6 7.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Rumored Little Mermaid Dark Ride... Which Songs From Sountrack Would You Include?

The music of the original 1989 Little Mermaid film is phenomenal. There has been a buzz for some time about the a Little Mermaid dark ride coming to the Disneyland resort. I originally heard that the ride was being planned for DCA's Paradise Pier.

If this ride should come to life in the future, please relate to me your favorite songs from the film, and which you would most like to see included in a Little Mermaid attraction.

Somebody posted WDI sketches of the attraction on one of the sites (might have beeb this one). The track was to have been inverted, and the vehicles to resemble sea shells. For all I know, disney may have even been contemplating a dry for wet environment like that of our coming Subs and DLP's Turtle Twister.

Although th Submarine lagoon is obviously filled with water and visual background for the ride, dry for wet effect is to be used in the windows which will somehow work in conjunction with everything else...and accentuate what you see.

LM received an Academy award as well as a Golden Globe Award for Best Original Score. It was awarded the honor of Best Original Song (Under the Sea) by the Academy Awards' (where Kiss the Girl received a nomination) and the Golden Globe Award's. A Gammy Award was given for Under The Sea under the category of Best Song Written Specifically for a Motion Picture or for Television.

This is just touching the surface in terms of the recognition that the picture recieved...and the hearts that it touched and entertained.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-10-2007 at 05:28 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Re: Rumored Little Mermaid Dark Ride... Which Songs From Sountrack Would You Include?

Under the Sea of course...
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Rumored Little Mermaid Dark Ride... Which Songs From Sountrack Would You Include?

Quote Originally Posted by 與W View Post
    Under the Sea of course...
    But, of course. Under the Sea is one of the most wonderful, rhythmic and upbeat Disney tunes ever created.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The music of the original 1989 Little Mermaid film is phenomenal. There has been a buzz for some time about the a Little Mermaid dark ride coming to the Disneyland resort. I originally heard that the ride was being planned for DCA's Paradise Pier. ... Disney may have even been contemplating a dry for wet environment like that of our coming Subs and DLP's Turtle Twister.
    First of all, the buzz you are referring to was circa 1991, when the same ride was being imagineered for DL Paris. At that time, if the attraction had made it to execution in DLP Fantasyland, you might have seen it in DL Anaheim.

I don't think this is gonna happen, not with TL still a mess and DCA needing $2 billion in improvements.

Finally, our subs are not a dry for wet environment, check out the water in the lagoon next time you're down there.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    First of all, the buzz you are referring to was circa 1991, when the same ride was being imagineered for DL Paris. At that time, if the attraction had made it to execution in DLP Fantasyland, you might have seen it in DL Anaheim.

I don't think this is gonna happen, not with TL still a mess and DCA needing $2 billion in improvements.

Finally, our subs are not a dry for wet environment, check out the water in the lagoon next time you're down there.
    All that is true, Adventurer. However, a "dry for wet" effect will be used inside the Subs windows. the effect will be used in conjunction with the real water in the lagoon. This will make the overall environment quite interesting.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-10-2007 at 05:19 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Oh well, you may be right about the windows having a special effect of some sort.

Ringing a bell, jogging my memory, but I can't quite remember where I heard something like that.

• Lucifee meany, sneaky

Up near the atmosphere...up where the air is clear!

It is hard to pick which songs without leaving out such great music and lyrics! If they could create scenes that correspond with all the songs that would be an awesome dark ride experience!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I voted for all songs EXCEPT for "daughters of triton" and "les poissons".

Use Fathoms Below somewhere before the ride or at the very beginning. OR at the very end... to signify that we are no longer "fathoms below".

I also like the piece of score when Ariel is touring the city on the horse drawn carraige.

Speaking of which... that should be a ride! j/k

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post

Somebody posted WDI sketches of the attraction on one of the sites (might have beeb this one). The track was to have been inverted, and the vehicles to resemble sea shells. For all I know, disney may have even been contemplating a dry for wet environment like that of our coming Subs and DLP's Turtle Twister.
    You should buy the latest release of the Little Mermaid and watch the virtual ride through Ride Warrior. It's quite neat .

I like Poor Unfortunate Souls though. So that gets my vote .

• Koubu Pilot

I remember LM was once rumored to go into the Subs in the very early '90s. I also heard a rumor a long time ago that there was to be a two story building somewhere in DCA with LM dark ride on one floor and the other housing another dark ride (don't remember which one). The mock up from the LM DVD looked amazing. It could have worked...

As long as "Swim This Way" and that Ursula battle song from Kingdom Hearts 2 isn't used, I think we'll be ok. Those songs just sounded dumb.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    It is hard to pick which songs without leaving out such great music and lyrics! If they could create scenes that correspond with all the songs that would be an awesome dark ride experience!
    Indeed! There would be no need to play each song in it's entirety...just the crux of each so that they correspond with and accentuate the mood of each given scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I voted for all songs EXCEPT for "daughters of triton" and "les poissons".

Use Fathoms Below somewhere before the ride or at the very beginning. OR at the very end... to signify that we are no longer "fathoms below".

I also like the piece of score when Ariel is touring the city on the horse drawn carraige.

Speaking of which... that should be a ride! j/k
    Using fathoms below externally would be sooooSWEET. The song would certinly set the tone for a most memorable and magical adventure. I should have included that song in my list of Faves to be played beneath the waves on the attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    You should buy the latest release of the Little Mermaid and watch the virtual ride through Ride Warrior. It's quite neat .

I like Poor Unfortunate Souls though. So that gets my vote .
    Wooo Hooooo! Thanks Wrassler. i aim to check that out today!

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    I remember LM was once rumored to go into the Subs in the very early '90s. I also heard a rumor a long time ago that there was to be a two story building somewhere in DCA with LM dark ride on one floor and the other housing another dark ride (don't remember which one). The mock up from the LM DVD looked amazing. It could have worked...

As long as "Swim This Way" and that Ursula battle song from Kingdom Hearts 2 isn't used, I think we'll be ok. Those songs just sounded dumb.
    the other ride was based on a Pixar film. I don't remember which one it was either. Good call on "Swim this Way". It SUCKS to no end.

well i chose the mostly the songs that are on the dvd virtual ride cause they work really well together. id be happy for any mermaid ride rite now
    If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

• Dreaming of Disney World

I just got the new Little Mermaid DVD yesterday and the ride looks amazing. I hope they build it somewhere. I would most definetly fit better at WDW though. Sorry Disneylanders.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

• aerinpegadrak/DQ's sis

My friend and I "ride" the ride whenever we are longing to go to DL. I love it, and it reminds me so much of PP.

It's so random that this thread popped up today! I was watching Mermaid this afternoon, and was thinking about having a discussion about the ride! I love the concept ride on DVD -- I wish they would make it into a reality!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast