Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weight limit?

Smile weight limit?

Hi Everyone: I know that there are height minimums for kids but does anybody know if there are weight limits for adults on any of the rides?
    Thanks!

• One weird cookie...

Re: weight limit?

I've never ran into any problems at disneyland, I"m a bigger guy about 280lbs... In other parks I have though...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by wvaligrl View Post
    Hi Everyone: I know that there are height minimums for kids but does anybody know if there are weight limits for adults on any of the rides?
    Thanks!
    I've heard that Orange Stinger has one.

And for some rides, there are size issues getting strapped in or otherwise safely restrained. If those don't lockdown properly, then you can't let people ride.

On Soarin' the straps are very long and in a worst case (or hopefully worst) leaving room on wither side might be necessary. The tricks is sometimes to get the belt latch released from around people's 'expanse'. I was usually able to do it when others couldn't.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    I've heard that Orange Stinger has one.

And for some rides, there are size issues getting strapped in or otherwise safely restrained. If those don't lockdown properly, then you can't let people ride.

On Soarin' the straps are very long and in a worst case (or hopefully worst) leaving room on wither side might be necessary. The tricks is sometimes to get the belt latch released from around people's 'expanse'. I was usually able to do it when others couldn't.
    They have those on Star Tours as well.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Minion

Thanks!
    Orange Stinger is 200lbs. Otherwise, there are no issues. One secret for larger people is to pull any belt out before you sit down. The belts are very long and should fit just about anyone. One ride not to ride with a child if you are larger is Big Thunder. The lapbar fits to the larger person. I would be scared to ride with one of my 5yo nieces.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Fastest Man Alive

Thanks!
    The only attraction I know about with a weight limitation that affects any significant part of the population is the Orange Stinger. Supposedly the weight limit is 200 lbs.
    They don't weigh you, but fitting in those chairs at 200lbs+ is pretty much impossible anyways.

The ECVs at the park are rated to within the range of 450 lbs. So that's pretty much anyone who is ambulatory. Hope that helps.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Space Mountain have total weight limits on the vehicles
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    Space Mountain have total weight limits on the vehicles
    True, but if it goes overweight, they just send you left and say the vehicle wasn't working right....
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

As a heavyset man I've never encountered a weight limit. However once I was yelled at for running because I knocked some kids over on my way to the castle.
    "See, I didn't get the name Bad Billy Pratt for nothing."

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    The only attraction I know about with a weight limitation that affects any significant part of the population is the Orange Stinger. Supposedly the weight limit is 200 lbs.
    They don't weigh you, but fitting in those chairs at 200lbs+ is pretty much impossible anyways.
    Supposedly is correct. Being over 200lbs and friends that weigh much more and ride OS, I can tell you the 200lb limit is not accurate. Impossible? I fit in the seats with absolutely no problem - room to spare. The 200lb limit myth has been discounted several imes on MC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    You can fit in those if you're over 200 (like 50-60 lbs over) it's not impossible, my dad did. I've done it and had no problems with room to spare too. I don't know how much bigger you can get. I guess it also depends on how you carry your weight, muscular or (uhh) soft makes a difference. They won't weigh you though, I guess they hope the guests are bright enough to read the sign (yeah right).

But man if you get enough strong, heavy people on the tea cups (or even that lady bug ride in BW) all together it's a heck of a ride. Me, my two bros, plus their friend all managed to get into one cup. I've never had a better ride. We eventually couldn't sit up without being whipped over. We had to slide down to turn the wheel. That was probably almost 800 lbs in one tiny cup. There is no room for weaklings in our cup, you literally have to be able to pull your weight. Matterhorn is a lot of fun too if you get enough big people in one sled or a boat in POTC.
    The more people I meet the more I like animals. -Unknown

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I'm about 260 lbs. and have never had issues with any of the rides. You'll be fine!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Well, due to health reasons I started off the year at 285. I am now down to 268! I had a physical in January and my doctor said I don't do something now I will seriously be looking at getting diabetes in the next few years. OK, well enough of being candid... I guess this is just a long winded way of saying I look forward to going on all those weight restricted rides!

Anyway, I have a freind who used to work on Peter Pan and he said that there is a weight restriction on that. It really isn't specific but he said one time a man got on who must have easily weighed 300-350 lbs at least. It isn't so much that he was heavy per se. It had more to do with the fact that he just plopped himself down, and the force of that caused stress on the track above, causing the computer to shut his vehicle down and thereby causing the whole ride to get shut down.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyDogMom View Post
    You can fit in those if you're over 200 (like 50-60 lbs over) it's not impossible, my dad did. I've done it and had no problems with room to spare too. I don't know how much bigger you can get. I guess it also depends on how you carry your weight, muscular or (uhh) soft makes a difference. They won't weigh you though, I guess they hope the guests are bright enough to read the sign (yeah right).

But man if you get enough strong, heavy people on the tea cups (or even that lady bug ride in BW) all together it's a heck of a ride. Me, my two bros, plus their friend all managed to get into one cup. I've never had a better ride. We eventually couldn't sit up without being whipped over. We had to slide down to turn the wheel. That was probably almost 800 lbs in one tiny cup. There is no room for weaklings in our cup, you literally have to be able to pull your weight. Matterhorn is a lot of fun too if you get enough big people in one sled or a boat in POTC.
    The wheel has no effect on the rotation rate on the Ladybugs. The rate is controlled (and limited) by the distribution of weight in the bugs. Overload the weight to one side or another and they will rotate faster, up to a point and for a while.

Also, I'm not sure but I believe the teacups have governors on them.

Weight doesn't matter much, as long as people aren't ridiculous about trying to fit as many large people into a vehicle as small folks. Unless you want to get stuck in Small World...

I think Orange Stinger got modified to actually no longer have a strict weight limit, but again, reasonable fit is still going to matter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast