Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Expanding DCA

  1. #1

    • Dreaming of Disney World
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    228

    Expanding DCA

    What land would you add to DCA if they extended the park into the Timon parking lot? I was thinking about this and I personally cant think of anything so I was just wondering what you think.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

    For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    2,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Expanding DCA

    I think before they start expanding the park they should fill up the empty space they already have. There is so much of that park that is completely empty. I think Hollywood Backlot needs a stronger tie to Hollywood. I think the rockin roller coaster and the great movie ride both need to go in. Don't get me wrong, I love Monsters Inc. however I don't really understand what it has to do with Hollywood other than it is a movie. There are tons of movies out there. Also, they are finally starting to improve the pier however their is so much more they can do. I think in the middle of the lake their should be a tie to Alcatraz. Maybe something similar to the glory days of TSI. I think bugs land actually needs to get something from Epcot, Living with the land. The Golden State I think needs the Country Bear Jamboree at the back of the trail. There are so many things you can do with that park that they aren't doing.


  3. #3

    • Dreaming of Disney World
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    228

    Re: Expanding DCA

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    I think before they start expanding the park they should fill up the empty space they already have. There is so much of that park that is completely empty. I think Hollywood Backlot needs a stronger tie to Hollywood. I think the rockin roller coaster and the great movie ride both need to go in. Don't get me wrong, I love Monsters Inc. however I don't really understand what it has to do with Hollywood other than it is a movie. There are tons of movies out there. Also, they are finally starting to improve the pier however their is so much more they can do. I think in the middle of the lake their should be a tie to Alcatraz. Maybe something similar to the glory days of TSI. I think bugs land actually needs to get something from Epcot, Living with the land. The Golden State I think needs the Country Bear Jamboree at the back of the trail. There are so many things you can do with that park that they aren't doing.
    Your probobly right but I was just wondering what land you think would benifit the park.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

    For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

  4. #4

    • ...TWO BITS!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, USA
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: Expanding DCA

    Yes, we all know DCA needs improvment. But that's not the question to be answered. It's what land you'd add in Timon lot.

    I'd say a desert themed Route 66 land (AKA Carsland). And also a Discovery Isle.

    Route 66: south of Bugs land and TOT. The desert of Route 66 in its 1950s heyday. Has structures like Sunglass Dinoshack. New home of Wave Riders travelling from here to Beach Blast. CARS meet n greet. Sci-Fi Drive In/Drive n Dine In/ Drivin' Dinin' restaurant.

    Attractions: CARS eticket. CARS c/d family dark ride (possibily inside the eticket building) of a drive/tour in and around Radiator Springs meeting the characters and their business. Dune Buggy Rally, a 2nd generation of Ladybug Boogie, GPS system, spins, stops and go, and completely random. Rocketeer, 1st family friendly flying coaster. Would also like an AREA 51-type attraction- still debating myself what it should be. Perhaps a "desert animal petting zoo"??

    Discovery Isle: in addition to DCA representing agriculture, mountains, bays/piers, here comes an island. This island is reserved for CA scientists and inventors wanting a place of their own away from public harm to conduct their experiments and inventions. But now it's open to the public to test their talents. Designed to look like a volcanic mountain island with a water moat surrounding it. A mix between TDS's Mysterious Island and Mermaid Lagoon. This island is mainly indoors. Located south of Pacific Wharf and "Carland" and east of Paradise Pier. 2 bridges to access the island. But it's not really an island, just looks like it from onstage.

    Attractions:
    1) The big attraction has "La Brea Tar Pit" as it's entry fountain/queue. Continously bubbling & smoking and sometimes erupts with big splashes of "tar" AKA water.

    This is from the recent read on Jim Hill of an attraction betweent the cross of JAWS, JUNGLE CRUISE, and DINOSAUR/COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION. This will all be indoors and as fast paced as JAWS. http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...8/18/5118.aspx

    Could possibly make a brief run, maybe in its loading platform, outdoors in the water moat then continue into its show buliding.

    2) "The Island at the Top of the World" (http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...05/30/616.aspx)

    3) "Nauctical Marvels" (http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...1/09/733.aspx). The parade building near PP is redesigned as a cruise ship and made to look like Nauctical Marvels is inside the ship.

    4) An original creation I have is a ski-lift family inverted coaster. Designed to run around the volcanic mountain. It was supposed to transport guests up the mountain to see the legendary Bigfoot that was captured in the Grizzly Mountains and sent to Discovery Isle for tests. But now it's loose and so are the guests!

    5) WDW's Flying Carpet Spinner redesigned as hovercrafts located in the center of the indoor plaza.

    6) While most of the attractions entrance is on the 1st floor, the 2nd floor is the Monorail loading platform. The monorail stations inside the mountain. As it moves out, it runs outdoors by the island over the water moat towards east (essentially a U-turn) heading north near Harbor (I think that's the street name) then heads west towards DTD but the track is moved closer to the esplanade and now runs across infront of the large CA letters.

    7) I think a restaurant inside a "planetarum" would be neat. To have a domed ceiling projecting stars & planets, etc. Maybe the spinning sculpture ala TL Astro Orbiter/Dark Crystal would look cool in the center.

    Or combine Astro Orbiter's spinning orbs with the Flying Carpet spinner tech. Now it would be quite unique with that type of combination in the center of the indoor plaza.

    "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

    "With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

  5. #5

    • Disnoid
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    43

    Re: Expanding DCA

    How about Fresnoland? It couldn't be worse than what's already there.
    We are now under way and proceeding on a course that will take us on a voyage of exploration through liquid space.

  6. #6

    • Don't Mess With The Duck!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santa Rosa, California - USA
    Posts
    3,644

    Re: Expanding DCA

    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidSpace View Post
    How about Fresnoland? It couldn't be worse than what's already there.
    ROFLMAO!!!!!! Good one!

    As for me, I'd love to see a Lake Tahoe in the winter themed area! :sigh: I've already posted this idea I had for an attraction in that Land before, but I'll post it again just for the heck of it since the topic came up.

    Goofy’s Lake Tahoe Ski Jump – This ride would go in a yet to be determined location within Disney’s California Adventure. The queue line for this ride would resemble a log cabin and include blocks of ice with TV monitors inside them. The monitors would be showing the classic Goofy cartoon, The Art Of Skiing, which originally aired back in 1941. The ride would be a simple inverted roller coaster. The trains would be made to resemble ski lifts. They would take the riders up 20 stories high. Once at the top the roller coasters trains would rock back and forth for a few seconds until they are released hurdling the riders down the 20 stories into multiple loops. As the riders go down the sound of Goofy yelling, “YAHOOOOOIEEEEE!,” would be piped through speakers on the coaster.

    There ya go!

    ...Joe...

  7. #7

    • Jail Bondswoman of RCMC
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    8,788
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Expanding DCA

    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidSpace View Post
    How about Fresnoland? It couldn't be worse than what's already there.
    I thinks that's what the Ag area was.

  8. #8

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    2,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Expanding DCA

    I think they should do more with San Francisco... There is so much they could do, but at the same time they kinda have San Fran sprinkled all over the park...


  9. #9

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    I accidently a Coca Cola
    Posts
    438

    Re: Expanding DCA

    They could add Loopyworld...nuff said.

  10. #10

    • Blind to His Own Faults
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Near
    Posts
    8,071

    Re: Expanding DCA

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    I think they should do more with San Francisco... There is so much they could do, but at the same time they kinda have San Fran sprinkled all over the park...
    Are you kiddin'? The entire DCA is themed to San Francisco---NO PARKING!!

  11. #11

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12

    Re: Expanding DCA

    I think that a large San Francisco-themed area that takes over the dead farm area and goes back to a San Francisco hotel that blocks out the Katella buildings from view could really remake attitudes toward DCA, if done properly. Just as New Orleans Square really marked a new day for Disneyland, the same could be true for San Francisco. First, other than Hollywood, when tourists think of California they think of SF. It is widely called the Paris of California. It may be our most romantic city other than New Orleans. What with all of the iconic SF tourist sites, from the painted lady Victorians to the cable cars, from Fisherman's Wharf to Chinatown to those famous hills and the world's most famous winding street, Lombard Street, SF would offer great visual grist for the Imagineers to work with. A big part of New Orleans Square's allure, for me at least, is that New Orleans doesn't seem like a generic American town, it seems unique. Same goes for San Francisco. And, just as Walt and his Imagineers found inspiration in the New Orleans story to plan Pirates and the Haunted Mansion, I think a San Francisco-themed land could really inspire the Imagineers to think more broadly and imaginatively. I would love to ride a Cable Car ride, and I think the ride could really amuse or even be a bit frightening. I also associate San Francisco with some of its more interesting history, especially its Barbary Coast Gold Rush past. Some of this could make for a terrific E-Ticket ride. I have long wanted Disney to build Discovery Bay, and I think that some of the best of those Tony Baxter ideas could be melded into a SF area. Plus, SF has the restaurants (crepes), the chocolate (Ghiradelli--a way to make that factory tour area actually seem to make some sense? The "Oakland" food court makes a lot more sense if SF is there too), the coffee, and the music scene to inspire a lot more interesting food and entertainment ideas. A SF-area could really become DCA's combination of New Orleans Square and Fantasyland, with a real spirit of mystery and beauty that is largely lacking elsewhere in the park. Yes, Disney needs to fix the other park areas: making Paradise Pier into a Victorian-style boardwalk circa 1910 would help, and making the Grizzly Peak area more of a full-on wilderness area is a good idea (Hey--build a new AA musical show that borrows from the long-missed Bears but adds other animals to the show and put it where the ridiculously sad "San Francisco" area is now, or take out "Golden Dreams" and put it there). But a fabulous SF area that really wows the fans, that could really change Southern-Californian's negative attitude toward the park.

  12. #12

    • DL is my anti-drug.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    2 1/2 hours from disneyland.
    Posts
    335

    Re: Expanding DCA

    i think i'd rather have them expand DL some way. And fill in all of the gaps in DCA.

  13. #13

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,478

    Re: Expanding DCA

    Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    Yes, we all know DCA needs improvment. But that's not the question to be answered. It's what land you'd add in Timon lot.

    I'd say a desert themed Route 66 land (AKA Carsland). And also a Discovery Isle.

    Route 66: south of Bugs land and TOT. The desert of Route 66 in its 1950s heyday. Has structures like Sunglass Dinoshack. New home of Wave Riders travelling from here to Beach Blast. CARS meet n greet. Sci-Fi Drive In/Drive n Dine In/ Drivin' Dinin' restaurant.

    Attractions: CARS eticket. CARS c/d family dark ride (possibily inside the eticket building) of a drive/tour in and around Radiator Springs meeting the characters and their business. Dune Buggy Rally, a 2nd generation of Ladybug Boogie, GPS system, spins, stops and go, and completely random. Rocketeer, 1st family friendly flying coaster. Would also like an AREA 51-type attraction- still debating myself what it should be. Perhaps a "desert animal petting zoo"??

    Discovery Isle: in addition to DCA representing agriculture, mountains, bays/piers, here comes an island. This island is reserved for CA scientists and inventors wanting a place of their own away from public harm to conduct their experiments and inventions. But now it's open to the public to test their talents. Designed to look like a volcanic mountain island with a water moat surrounding it. A mix between TDS's Mysterious Island and Mermaid Lagoon. This island is mainly indoors. Located south of Pacific Wharf and "Carland" and east of Paradise Pier. 2 bridges to access the island. But it's not really an island, just looks like it from onstage.

    Attractions:
    1) The big attraction has "La Brea Tar Pit" as it's entry fountain/queue. Continously bubbling & smoking and sometimes erupts with big splashes of "tar" AKA water.

    This is from the recent read on Jim Hill of an attraction betweent the cross of JAWS, JUNGLE CRUISE, and DINOSAUR/COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION. This will all be indoors and as fast paced as JAWS. http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...8/18/5118.aspx

    Could possibly make a brief run, maybe in its loading platform, outdoors in the water moat then continue into its show buliding.

    2) "The Island at the Top of the World" (http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...05/30/616.aspx)

    3) "Nauctical Marvels" (http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...1/09/733.aspx). The parade building near PP is redesigned as a cruise ship and made to look like Nauctical Marvels is inside the ship.

    4) An original creation I have is a ski-lift family inverted coaster. Designed to run around the volcanic mountain. It was supposed to transport guests up the mountain to see the legendary Bigfoot that was captured in the Grizzly Mountains and sent to Discovery Isle for tests. But now it's loose and so are the guests!

    5) WDW's Flying Carpet Spinner redesigned as hovercrafts located in the center of the indoor plaza.

    6) While most of the attractions entrance is on the 1st floor, the 2nd floor is the Monorail loading platform. The monorail stations inside the mountain. As it moves out, it runs outdoors by the island over the water moat towards east (essentially a U-turn) heading north near Harbor (I think that's the street name) then heads west towards DTD but the track is moved closer to the esplanade and now runs across infront of the large CA letters.

    7) I think a restaurant inside a "planetarum" would be neat. To have a domed ceiling projecting stars & planets, etc. Maybe the spinning sculpture ala TL Astro Orbiter/Dark Crystal would look cool in the center.

    Or combine Astro Orbiter's spinning orbs with the Flying Carpet spinner tech. Now it would be quite unique with that type of combination in the center of the indoor plaza.
    None of your links work.

  14. #14

    • ...TWO BITS!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, USA
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: Expanding DCA

    Quote Originally Posted by svonkco View Post
    SF has the restaurants (crepes), the chocolate (Ghiradelli--a way to make that factory tour area actually seem to make some sense?), the coffee, and the music scene to inspire a lot more interesting food and entertainment ideas.
    That's all I was interested in for your SF comment. All I read was what COULD be for SF, instead of what specifically SHOULD be.

    Quote Originally Posted by bbks18 View Post
    i think i'd rather have them expand DL some way. And fill in all of the gaps in DCA.
    Shouldn't it be the other way around? There's really no where to expand DL, but there's space for DCA to expand.

    Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    None of your links work.
    I think after a while the links to JHM expire for some reason. This is probably the 3rd time this happened. You could do a search on his page. Mind you, I'm not thinking of completely copying the Discovery Bay ideas and putting them in DCA. Just using it as inspiration.

    http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...05/22/609.aspx
    http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...05/30/616.aspx
    http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...01/09/733.aspx

    couldn't find "voyage through time"

    "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

    "With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

  15. #15

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    413

    Re: Expanding DCA

    Quote Originally Posted by tyler2cfhs View Post
    What land would you add to DCA if they extended the park into the Timon parking lot? I was thinking about this and I personally cant think of anything so I was just wondering what you think.
    They should bring in the bulldozers and level it and start over. That's the only way they could ever get it right.

    maybe leave Grizzly River Rapids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] Expanding Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland Beyond the Berm
    By Ride Warrior in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 09:24 PM
  2. [Chat] Expanding Critter Country
    By Dlandclub33 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 04:42 PM
  3. Expanding the DL Monorail Line
    By CaliforniaAdventurer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 10:06 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 08:22 PM
  5. Expanding The Monorail Track For A Round Trip
    By WatchYourHeadNStep in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 09:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •