Thread: Fantasmic Video

• Aloha

Fantasmic Video

I am trying to find someone who has a video copy of Fantasmic. I have family who has never been down to see it but I really want to show it to them. Anyone know where I can get it? Thanks
    HERE YOU LEAVE TODAY AND ENTER THE WORLD OF YESTERDAY, TOMORROW AND FANTASY

• Entertainment Dept.

A official copy of the show is pretty un-available. There are many people that have video taped it and edited it and posted it online. Do a search for a video online and you should be able to DL one. I have a great one I shot at DL durring rehersals and edited from different camera angles with a full musical re-mastering, but thats my copy and the DLR wouldn't much like me distributing it...wink wink, nudge nudge!!

-Tech Services DLR-

they have it on www.visionsfantastic.com the alt ending and the full show. Its under Live Shows and Parades
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• Aloha

Thanks a bunch. I am always blasting the soundtrack. Its my favorite show by far.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManStitch
    Thanks a bunch. I am always blasting the soundtrack. Its my favorite show by far.
    Mine too <<< ha ha! hmm sounded like star tours captian no?

• Aloha

Are there any cool facts or secrets about Fantasmic?

Quote Originally Posted by MyManStitch
    Are there any cool facts or secrets about Fantasmic?

Too many to list

- the main lighting towers on the riverbank go 40 feet up in the air and go down into the ground during the day, also the I beams they use as a walkway to cover the pits are high grade Military Aircraft which can withstand 40 or 70 tons of weight on the top of it.
    -The Mark Twain and the Columbia have special settings for Fantasmic! to keep them running at the proper speed.
    - the whole island paths are lined with rope light so Cast Members can get around without flashlights
    - there are two lighting towers that can be raised and lowered during the show on the island and go into the Island whent he show isnt playing as well as 2 elevator lifts that act as trap door for props and actors to get on and off stage and go down 15 feet in 5 seconds to the under stage
    -The waterworks/mistscreens are on lifts also so that they can rise up and out of the water during the show but lower when the show isnt playing so you dont see them
    -Also tons lights hidden understage for lighting up the stage
    -Surround Sound Speakers are raised so you get surround sound
    - The barges and pyro are parked when not in use by the Indian village so you cant be seen, you just have to look hard enough =o]
    - they have alternatives for everything if something breaks except they can't run without the Columbia

Thats all I can think of right now Pipe up if anyone has more!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmic_Freak
    they have it on www.visionsfantastic.com the alt ending and the full show. Its under Live Shows and Parades

The site is wonderfully fantastic!!! My boys and I watched the fireworks and fantasmic the other night(with the lights off) Big Thumbs up!!

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    The site is wonderfully fantastic!!! My boys and I watched the fireworks and fantasmic the other night(with the lights off) Big Thumbs up!!

Yes its the best Disneyland Resort site around .. there is also a forum and internet radio. Make sure you write Chris Lang founder of Vf a compliment.

Your avatar looks like Susan Surandon

• Luckiest Man Alive!

I read somewhere that there's really a small number of performers that do all of the work, most double up on roles, changing costumes almost on the fly as they hurry from one set-up to the next. If you watch the show from the 'loading dock' just North of the Mark Twain/Columbia boarding area, you can watch the show behind the scenes. The platform never gets really crowded, the MT&C sail right past (with performers always waving & shouting out hello's) and you see them set-up & re-rig the 3 small barges. You can't see much happening on stage (out front), but there's lots to see happening backstage.
    Robert

I enjoy the behind the scenes .. especially when the cast are in their frozen state .. aka wqhen a cast member is on the top mast hanging upside down looking down at you and smiling.. just waiting. Fun times ..

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

very true robert! Most performers have 3 roles throughout the show. For example, a friend of mine used to be petal (in the jungle book scene), pirate (on the columbia), mulan (on the twain). The monkeys (jungle book scene) also become pirates. If you hang out on the pump house (across from BTMRR) you can often see them get off the monkey rafts and march onto the columbia! Also, the monkey "barges" are the same as the princess "barges" they just redress them really, really quickly! (Also visible from the pump house).
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color