Thread: Art Bus/shuttle

•   
    • Senior Minion

Art Bus/shuttle

Hello! We Will be staying at the Residence Inn maingate on Clementine in early May. I understand this hotel used to have its own shuttle, but now relies on ART for the guests to get to and from DL. Is ART a good reliable shuttle? We want to be at the park before it opens, does the shuttle start early? Anybody know how often they come around? I guess I just would like to know if we should have any concerns. Thanks to all the vets.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Art Bus/shuttle

Well, on a good day, you should get to the Park in one piece...

We MUCH preferred the free bus service from the Residence Inn versus the FART system. And not only because it was free.

Not only do you now have to pay for it, the drivers jamb you in like sardines, are not only rude, but are a danger on the roadways.

Of course, they have multiple trolley's running around with different drivers, but one life-threatening ride was enough for us to not want to take them again.

We'd rather walk than step foot on another FART trolley.

And we have...

Good luck! (you might need it)

•   
    • Senior Minion

Well isn't that encouraging! Sweet Jesus, it sounds awful, thank you for the feedback. We have a 3 year old daughter, so hoofing it may be an issue. Has anybody else had a positive experience... or at least a decent one?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJefferson View Post
    Hello! We Will be staying at the Residence Inn maingate on Clementine in early May. I understand this hotel used to have its own shuttle, but now relies on ART for the guests to get to and from DL. Is ART a good reliable shuttle? We want to be at the park before it opens, does the shuttle start early? Anybody know how often they come around? I guess I just would like to know if we should have any concerns. Thanks to all the vets.
    We spent 12 days there between Christmas and NY and rode ART 2-4 times a day from the Residence Inn. Only time we had overly full buses was on NYE coming back. Otherwise, it was never a problem. I hate the F route (down Katella) because they do cram you in. The Hilton bus and Marriot buses get very crowded, but I never had that problem except NYE and they were pushing buses thru there fast.

If you get to the tram pick up and the G bus hasn't arrived at DIsneyland, look over at the B bus. It drops at the Motel 6/ old Red Roof Inn at the back side of Residence Inn. If you are staying in a back unit, you may prefer catching it there. The G bus stops in the front south area of the parking lot. (Between building 6 and 7.)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

First off, the official info is here..

www.rideart.org

And the few times I used ART, I have never had a problem, the drivers were friendly and never jam packed.

That said, I tend to walk, I enjoy the exercise and it isn't that far (about 1 mile to the park entrance).

But I would take the ART over the Parking Structure on ANY day, especially busy ones.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

The rideart.org is a good site, as it is the official site, but the problem I have with it is the maps aren't accurate. It APPEARS the G2 and G3 stops are across the street from the hotel, when in fact, they are inside the hotel parking lots. It shows the Residence Inn stop being on the street, when in fact it is in the parking lot, between buildings 6 and 7.

Its about a 20-25 minute walk. If the 3yo is in the stroller, shouldn't be a problem. But I would shoot for the shuttle.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Progressive Disneylander

Last summer we had to use the ART shuttle every day for two weeks and while it's not perfect, it's not too bad.

One of the varients that you have to deal with is which stop your hotel is when you get picked up. Our hotel (Comfort Inn & Suites) was always the first in the morning so we usually started with an empty bus. The second stop was the nearby Holiday Inn and they would have so many people that it would completely fill our shuttle and sometimes leave people behind who had to wait for another (they would radio for another shuttle for them).

So for us in the morning, it was good. For the Holiday Inn folks -- not as good. ART claims to come every 20 or 30 minutes (I forget which), but for us it was usually between 30 to 50 minutes. That may depend on the route of your particular shuttle.

Other than the first scheduled bus of the day (which comes a decent amount of time before the park opens), there is no exact pickup/drop-off time in which the bus stops at your hotel. That means that sometimes you'll just have to wait it out at the bus stop for longer than you would like.

The one downside we had a problem with was that the final ART shuttle leaves 30 minutes after the close of the park. If you miss that, you are walking (or finding another way back to your hotel). For some, this might not be a problem, but for those of us who like to browse on Main Street or head over to Downtown Disney after the park closes, you are out of luck.

All and all, it's pretty reasonable for $3 for each day per person and while it's not perfect, it does the job.

• For You!

I'm really sad to hear that the Residence doesn't offer a shuttle anymore!!! That's part of the reason I loved it so much!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Minion

In my last visit to DLR back in April 04' the Staybridge Suites my family and I stayed at had offered the ART service with our package. It was convenient for getting into the park the first day. But for leaving the park it's horrible. People would cut ahead of you, push, shove and were generally very rude. The drivers were a bit testy as well. Although we did have one very funny and kind driver one day, we tipped him generously.

Having to leave early kinda sucked as I had always wanted to get one last ride on Indy or some other ride that was busier during the day. For the last day or two of your trip I would just ditch ART and drive to and from the park yourself. I say this only because you may get there a bit earlier even though We were right next to the rope on Main Street every morning. And you will be able to spend a bit of time walking through the park during the evening when its most beautiful and less busy of course. My family and I did this on the last night of our trip. We were able to get some very nice photos and just soak in the atmosphere that you normally miss while the park is so busy.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Folly View Post
    For the last day or two of your trip I would just ditch ART and drive to and from the park yourself. I say this only because you may get there a bit earlier even though We were right next to the rope on Main Street every morning. And you will be able to spend a bit of time walking through the park during the evening when its most beautiful and less busy of course. My family and I did this on the last night of our trip. We were able to get some very nice photos and just soak in the atmosphere that you normally miss while the park is so busy.
    The amount of time you will take trying to get on the tram and out of the parking structure, it would be faster to walk back.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    The amount of time you will take trying to get on the tram and out of the parking structure, it would be faster to walk back.
    Hmm, my father didn't park in the parking structure. We took the tram but never entered the parking structure. I actually never knew the structure existed. A streak of good luck for us?