Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Nouveau Membre

Tomorrowland 2010

I don't know if this has been posted earlier, but Screamscape.com has posted that there's rumors that Disney has plans to fix the Tomorrowland 1998 disaster left behind by the Pressler era to a new and improve Tomorrowland by 2010. With a new Star Tours 2, the PeopleMover, a new 4-D shows, and more.

Here's the link to the page:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/disneyland.htm

This is what they posted:

Tomorrowland 2010 - Rumor - (3/12/07) If the latest rumors are true there are huge plans in development to fix the Tomorrowland 1998 disaster left behind by the Pressler era. The plan right now is to not only “fix” Tomorrowland, but give it the true facelift it needs to carry it through the next couple of decades at least. All the little rumors we’ve been hearing about for years (Star Tours 2, IncrediPods, etc...) are all apparently going to come together as part of this massive overhaul to one of Disneyland’s most popular lands. All the planets are aligning once again to make this happen, and Disney’s new successful relationships with players like Steve Jobs and John Lasseter and even Roy Disney is said to have had enough effect to restore George Lucas’ faith in Disney quality once again. The newer attractions like Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Subs and Autopia will be left alone of course, but everything else is fair game it seems. We’ve been told they are also looking at making a new 4D attraction to replace Honey, I Shrunk The Audience as well as another unknown attraction that I imagine could take the place of the Innoventions building. Though... I’ve got to wonder if they do bring the people mover tracks back to life, would they just add speed ramps to the old station once again like before (since the old Rocket Rods queue is now home to Buzz Lightyear) or would they try to move the load/unload station to the upper floor of the Innoventions building instead? Of course, what I’d personally like to see is the Astro Orbiter returned to it’s rightful place back on top of the rocket tower once again.
    One thing fior sure, this is for sure to bring alot of hopes up. But i wonder how will they able to do all that when they are currently working on DCA.

• Comin' at ya!

Re: Tomorrowland 2010

Let's all hope and pray!
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• DL is my anti-drug.

that would be awsome. But the construction would take a while.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by bbks18 View Post
    that would be awsome. But the construction would take a while.
    Yes it would, but it's not like this hasn't happened before. Fantasyland closed down for a good amount of time before it was re-openend. Tomorrowland needs the same thing. It needs to be shut down for a year or two and redone from the ground up.

It is really important and if done right it will be just as if they added a third park!

• knell of a requiem bell

Can't wait! I agree that the AO needs to be brought back to it's original glory - the hub of TL imho.
    -GGG

• DL is my anti-drug.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Yes it would, but it's not like this hasn't happened before. Fantasyland closed down for a good amount of time before it was re-openend. Tomorrowland needs the same thing. It needs to be shut down for a year or two and redone from the ground up.

It is really important and if done right it will be just as if they added a third park!

Yes i agree. I dont mind them doing that, as long as they left a way to ride SM, since it was already closed for a few years.

• Minion

I hope it's true - - and with the restoration of the Rocket Jets/Astro Orbitor to the central platform. The sooner the better.

• Beep Beep!

That's great news, I hope this really is a plan.
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    I hope it's true - - and with the restoration of the Rocket Jets/Astro Orbitor to the central platform. The sooner the better.
    Frankly, I think the platform just screams the old Tomorrowland redo in '67. Also, a rocket spinner is too low of a capacity for the 21st century. Be like Walt. Don't repeat the past. Rip it out and come up with something even better.
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

TL 1998 was bad and cheap looking the day they took the walls down.

Tommorrowland will get a re-do... it is only about when and what, not if. That part of the park is such a disaster, it is only a matter of time...
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

If they close down tomorrowland their is no way to get back SM. Also I think its a good idea to come up with something new other than a rocket spinner with better capacity.

• ...TWO BITS!

The rocket spinner on the 2nd level does give a different sense of the ride compared to ground level. That's one good benefit.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Circle of Ancients

I personally just think it's stupid that the rest of TL has pretty much been transformed out of TL '98 yet the Rockets, Innoventions and HISTA are pretty much stuck.

I mean, they just upgraded the pre-show for HISTA and added new TV's not too long ago ... yet it's still that brown ick color.

And for the love of Walt, get rid of the waterball thing.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

I think the beauty of Tomorrowland as I saw it my frist time in 1993 (it took me a while to realize this) was that it was "tomorrow"land. I don't mind the way it looks right now, actually (though I think all that gold is a bit...much...) but an overhaul wouldn't be a bad thing.

But I like Innoventions. It's the only place I can go to play Dance Dance Revolution for free and cool down in the heat of the summer because no one is there.
    dreams. come. true.

• Minion

>>Frankly, I think the platform just screams the old Tomorrowland redo in '67. Also, a rocket spinner is too low of a capacity for the 21st century.<<

>>The rocket spinner on the 2nd level does give a different sense of the ride compared to ground level.<<

The Rocket Jets sailing high above Tomorrowland were like a dream - - especially at night! The view was amazing. You could really fly. Nothing at all like the current incarnation.

It's not just a visual nostalgia issue, but an experience worth perpetuating.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast