Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 3/11: Subs, Nemo Neon, TS Island, new Disney Gallery exhibit, +MORE!

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND

The smoke loomed over Orange County due to the fire yesterday...

TOM SAWYER ISLAND

A Raft CM hung out at a dock incase any WDI folks needed to get across the river.

A portion of the lower level of the Hungry Bear Restaurant has construction walls up, blocking off the access point where the Tom Sawyer raft docks for WDI and construction workers.

The raft docked later in the day at the lower level of the Hungry Bear:

The old Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland bridge area over by Big Thunder is still covered in camouflage netting:

SOD MOUNTAIN
    Splash Mountain is getting new sod along with lots of other touch-up work all over its facade:

INSPIRED BY DISNEYLAND:
    THE NEW EXHIBIT AT THE DISNEY GALLERY

The new exhibit at the Disney Gallery is now open, Inspired by Disneyland. The first room features works by contemporary artists like Shag and Jody Daly, among others.

The room across the Gallery courtyard is now full of reproductions of old storybook artwork from books based on Walt Disney's classic animated films that are also showcased in Fantasyland. These books were previously available at The Storybook Store on Main Street, and highlighted key moments from the animated films in stylized adaptations.

Lots and lots of amazing reproductions

...And on display behind the counter at the Disney Gallery is a new Walt Disney Classics figurine of Mary Poppins. When released next weekend, it will be $175 and is a limited edition of 3500.

SKY HIGH, DEEP SEA
    A couple views of the Lagoon from the Monorail:

NEMO NEON
    The neon portion of the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage marquee was turned on last night, casting a really intriguing blue glow on that part of Tomorrowland. peoplemover1 said "it makes me feel like I'm underwater." - Indeed, the blue glow does. Very effective use of neon.

Not all of the neon was working though... looks like some needs to be fixed already..

THE SKYWAY LIGHTS UP
    The Fantasyland Skyway building was emitting a blue glow as well, and the old building in that dark corner was very prominent with all of the lighting on.

DISNEYLAND AFTER DARK

Some shots of the fireworks from Big Thunder.

That's it! Hope you enjoyed the update

• Lowering Expectations

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 3/11: Subs, Nemo Neon, TS Island, new Disney Gallery exhibit, +MORE!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post

Ooooooh! Cooooooool. Strollers underwater. My dream came true.

• Main Gypsy

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 3/11: Subs, Nemo Neon, TS Island, new Disney Gallery exhibit, +MORE!

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing

• I'm a Muscle Fan!

Great pics! I wish I could go see the gallery.

• Banned User

I Love how one of the firework shots illuminates BTM, and later on creates a silhouette. really brilliant shots there.

Night shots are always tricky, and you captured many elements well.

• Done waiting!!

The entrance for Nemo is so simple but incredibly effective. Just compare that with the queue for Monster's Inc.!
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

thank you for sharing
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• All you need is LOVE

thanks for sharing

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Great update!

• Party Button!

Quote Originally Posted by goofypirate View Post
    The entrance for Nemo is so simple but incredibly effective. Just compare that with the queue for Monster's Inc.!
    just wait til it opens. the entrance is also its exit, as well as the exit for monorail. they'll run into each other.
    "I call Voyager! That's my sub. Voyager. MINE-SIES!"

"Have you noticed that during the holidays, Tomorrowland is the only land with no decorations? So, apparently, according to Disneyland, there is no Christmas in the future."

• Koubu Pilot

Disneyland does have its beauty at night. I remember watching the "Disneyland After Dark" show that was made in the early '60s. Even then, the park had its nighttime beauty. Disneyland is one of the few places that's still buzzing with activity after the sun's gone down. How many public places outside Las Vegas have a full line up of attractions running as late as midnight with fireworks, a parade, and showings of an immensely popular nighttime spectacular?

Very nice pics!! Nemo is looking great. The gallery's exhibit has a lot of neat things to see. The vase showing stained glass style portraits of the princesses reminds me of the dream sequence at the beginning of the first Kingdom Hearts

• Senior Minion

Nice camera MasterGracey! It is serving you well. Great shots over BTMRR.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Sock Puppet

Another great update Gracey! Keep it up. Where are the DCA pics? We need to see Midway Mania!

• Neep meep beep

Amazingly high quality photos with mucho information, as always - thank you!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Thank everybody for the compliments...

If you'd like any pictures in high-res for any reason, let me know I'd be more than happy to make them available

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTom View Post
    Another great update Gracey! Keep it up. Where are the DCA pics? We need to see Midway Mania!
    I know, I know... I've been skimping on Midway pics. I'll try to get some the next time I'm there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast