Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

• Special Agent

Re: What Did Paul Pressler Do To Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
    When the ride re-opened people at the park actually booed and harassed the cast members for opening the ride again.
    Were these the same passholders that wanted Pressler shot?

I was just at the park the other day and saw lots of guests climbing aboard the Columbia. Seems everyone loves it now.

14 million? If you are talking about prior to 2001 then yes you are correct, but from 2001-2003 (where the park was at its worst in terms of maintenance), attendance was in a slump from the high 13 millions down a million++ people.
    13 million is still extremely HIGH for Disneyland. In 1994, just before Pressler took over, attendance was only 10.3 million. Compared to the "Golden Age" of 1994, 13 million is beyond expectations.

• Special Agent

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone on this thread who is willing to admit they boycotted the park during Pressler's tenure? I'm willing to guess that most of the people who were angry with the condition of the park, were the ones who were going to most often.

How can that opinion be taken seriously. If something is in the condition that it angers or upsets you, why wouldn't you just stop going and stop spending your money there? Why subject yourself the the torture? Once again proof that the Passholder opinion is without merit.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Gang, I think it's time to realize here that we have a massive, massive difference of opinion...and leave it at that, after a healthy discussion because we're not about to convince anyone to change minds on the issue of Mr. Pressler.

--Barry

EDIT -
    Mr. Liver - I respect the courage of your conviction and deeply held opinion. We're just on different sides of the Grand Canyon (and different stages of the Primeval World Diorama) on this matter, sir.
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 03-15-2007 at 03:26 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Someone's just arguing because they like to
    argue for the sake of arguing and don't want
    be agreeable and purposely being ludicrous.
    And did I say they're being disagreeable
    because they like to argue, and just like to
    argue because it feeds their need for attention.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is there anyone on this thread who is willing to admit they boycotted the park during Pressler's tenure? I'm willing to guess that most of the people who were angry with the condition of the park, were the ones who were going to most often.

How can that opinion be taken seriously. If something is in the condition that it angers or upsets you, why wouldn't you just stop going and stop spending your money there? Why subject yourself the the torture? Once again proof that the Passholder opinion is without merit.

There's something called blind love. Maybe you don't understand this concept, but Disneyland to many of us here isn't something we just toss aside when it's down. We love it. We cherish it. It's like another part of the family. And when someone in your family is down or hurting, you don't just push them aside and hope they figure it out. You support them. You stay by their side through the bad because we want to see it through.

Perhaps it's silly for grown people to feel this way about a theme park, but that's what it comes down to. We continued to go to the park to see if any of the injuries have healed. Hoping for the best, what we saw was getting worse and worse.

Shareholders for Disney don't own Disney stock for financial gain. They own Disney Stock because of their passion and belief of what the Disney name represents.

You're trying real hard to find a defense for Pressler out of absolutely nothing. Attendance was up when DCA opened you say... with about 5 million people on top of the 15 million that Disneyland usually has. Success would have been 15 million on top of the 15 million.

And yup, DCA will be fixed eventually and people will eventually show up. But when??? The crowds should have been there 6 years ago. Your posts are agreeing with us in logic so I'll just leave it at that.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Shareholders for Disney don't own Disney stock for financial gain. They own Disney Stock because of their passion and belief of what the Disney name represents.
    I'm sorry to be flaming you here, but that may be the single most stupid thing I've ever read anywhere on the internets.

Do a find and replace on the word 'Shareholders' in that sentence and replace it with 'Disney geeks and passholders' and it makes sense. Dude, well over 70-80% of the shareholders are institutional investors who don't know Buzz Lightyear from Stitch.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ex-wdi View Post
    I'm sorry to be flaming you here, but that may be the single most stupid thing I've ever read anywhere on the internets.

Do a find and replace on the word 'Shareholders' in that sentence and replace it with 'Disney geeks and passholders' and it makes sense. Dude, well over 70-80% of the shareholders are institutional investors who don't know Buzz Lightyear from Stitch.
    I don't mind what you think. I know plenty of shareholders who would disagree with you. Me included. You've shown your true colors. I don't feel I need to say much more.

It's not entirely stupid. Many of the individual investors in The Walt Disney Company are also its consumers, and many of them do understand Disney's nature as a cultural institution and a public treasure. The company is quite unusual in that regard.

I happen to be of the opinion that the artistic is not at odds with the commercial. If Disney does good creative work, profitability will follow. So, an investor can be upset about the creative bankruptcy of the organization under Eisner for both financial and cultural reasons. And, many of these people were. I don't think anyone would argue that the artistic failings of the company were not a factor in the 2003 shareholder revolt.

I don't mind what you think. I know plenty of shareholders who would disagree with you. Me included. You've shown your true colors. I don't feel I need to say much more.
    Your belief does not equal the facts -

Per the press release at http://www.osc.state.ny.us/press/rel...r04/040504.htm in 2004 -

"Institutional investors hold about 86 percent of Safeway's outstanding shares, compared with 66 percent of Disney's shares."

Ok, I was off by 4%. So you've just been disproven that people who know and care about Disney hold the majority.

It's amazing to me how many people in this thread are having emotional arguments about something that repeatedly, and from people who know more, and present FACT, tell you differently. The number above is fact. A majority of Disney shareholders do not buy the stock because they love Mickey. They love Mickey's product, output, and value.

• MiceChat Moderator

Your belief does not equal the facts -

Per the press release at http://www.osc.state.ny.us/press/rel...r04/040504.htm in 2004 -

"Institutional investors hold about 86 percent of Safeway's outstanding shares, compared with 66 percent of Disney's shares."

Ok, I was off by 4%. So you've just been disproven that people who know and care about Disney hold the majority.

It's amazing to me how many people in this thread are having emotional arguments about something that repeatedly, and from people who know more, and present FACT, tell you differently. The number above is fact. A majority of Disney shareholders do not buy the stock because they love Mickey. They love Mickey's product, output, and value.

Great. I was just disproven. Boy, do I feel really stupid.

Oh wait... never did I state that Disney fans were the majority of the shareholders. It was a generalized statement about the individuals who actually care about Disneyland and its history, and happen to be shareholders. Despite what the facts are, there's a huge chunk of them out there.

So thanks for taking the effort to put me in my place but you really didn't need to. This forum is for those who love Disneyland (among other things)... not for the institutional investors. Regardless of whether or not the Disney company made money during Eisner's reign, everything else that was taking place at Disneyland during the Eisner/Pressler reign is also FACT. The place really was falling apart. And that's all we're talking about here.

Great. I was just disproven. Boy, do I feel really stupid.

Oh wait... never did I state that Disney fans were the majority of the shareholders. It was a generalized statement about the individuals who actually care about Disneyland and its history, and happen to be shareholders. Despite what the facts are, there's a huge chunk of them out there.

So thanks for taking the effort to put me in my place but you really didn't need to. This forum is for those who love Disneyland (among other things)... not for the institutional investors. Regardless of whether or not the Disney company made money during Eisner's reign, everything else that was taking place at Disneyland during the Eisner/Pressler reign is also FACT. The place really was falling apart. And that's all we're talking about here.
    Agreed.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Eisner is still the biggest single shareholder....
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Someone's just arguing because they like to
    argue for the sake of arguing and don't want
    be agreeable and purposely being ludicrous.
    And did I say they're being disagreeable
    because they like to argue, and just like to
    argue because it feeds their need for attention.
    I disagree! Arguing is what the Internet was made for!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

nope not get into it!
    Last edited by akfandisney; 03-15-2007 at 06:30 PM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post

I did. I actually boycotted all of Disney for 4 years. I took one look at DCA and thought that DLR was headed for the toilet, the poor maitenance and then the Columbia issue just made me sick. Then when I realized that with the 50th, things were turning around and decided to come back.

It seems a running bit that you say "Don't go to Disneyland if you don't like (insert anything you find wrong with DLR here)..." Do YOU go now that maitenance is actually better than the Pressler/Harriss reign?
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast