Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    610

    CM appreciation/ guest stories

    There have been alot of thread of late of people bashing cast members. How were horrible people who know nothing about how disney works. Well I think its about time I opened this thread. Share your great cast member stories or experiances. How a cast member has helped you. Somthing big or somthing as small as making you feel special on your birthday. Im pretty sure the CM here on micechat would really appreciate it and have a reason to carry on and work another shift. Share what you got! (CM bashes stay away from this thread theres plenty of others you can have your way with)

  2. #2

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: CM appreciation/ guest stories

    I'd like to say that Kathy and Ruth in the Jewelry Store/Timepieces store on Main Street at awesome!

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,365

    Re: CM appreciation/ guest stories

    Yeah I'm really starting to get down from MC. We're not all bad cast members and it gives MC a bad rep for always putting us down. We should just not work at all, then where would you be when you got to Disneyland?

  4. #4

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: CM appreciation/ guest stories

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    Yeah I'm really starting to get down from MC. We're not all bad cast members and it gives MC a bad rep for always putting us down. We should just not work at all, then where would you be when you got to Disneyland?
    Just from discussions here, I find that you are probably a fabulous CM. I run across them often. Unfortunately, there are a few bad apples, but overall, I think most are great.

  5. #5

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ninjaville
    Posts
    6,639
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: CM appreciation/ guest stories

    In the 25 years of going to the park I have only had great CM experiences. Maybe some were not as outstanding as others but I have yet to encounter a 'bad' CM. I love the CM's because without them there would be no happiest place on earth for me to go to.

  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,365

    Re: CM appreciation/ guest stories

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Just from discussions here, I find that you are probably a fabulous CM. I run across them often. Unfortunately, there are a few bad apples, but overall, I think most are great.
    Thank you I'm sorry if I come off too upset or anything but this board does supply alot of negativity towards CMs and it hurts me to see that.

  7. #7

    • itty bitty
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The sun shines wherever I go
    Posts
    9,632
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: CM appreciation/ guest stories

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    Thank you I'm sorry if I come off too upset or anything but this board does supply alot of negativity towards CMs and it hurts me to see that.
    People occasionally share their stories and unfortunately sometimes we run into CM's who arent so friendly. Since this is a Disney message board and you happen to work for them, of course it might bother you. Thats completely understandable.
    If this was a board about McDonalds, Target, VONS..etc...Im sure you'd hear people talk about the people who work there and how occasionally people have bad experiences with them.

    Ive had a few bad experiences with CM's but the good seriously outweigh the bad.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

  8. #8

    • Comin' at ya!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Encino, California
    Posts
    3,206

    Re: CM appreciation/ guest stories

    I'd like to say that I have had more good CM experiences than bad. Very rarely on my annual trip have I ran into a bad CM. Worst one was just going into a shop and asking whether they had a certain Item and she said in a very angry grumpy voice "If it's not in the window we don't have it!" Which, of course, is NOT true because they had things that weren't in the window.

    Best CM there is this tour guide. I forget his name, he had a terrible stutter but he didn't let that stop him. He knew a TON about Disney and it was really fun...
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

    http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude




  9. #9

    • Party Button!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Redondo Beach/Irvine, CA
    Posts
    33

    Talking Re: CM appreciation/ guest stories

    Well I'm a CM and I won't too my own horn, so I'll do it for someone else!

    There's a CM named Bob on the Dream Squad, and he used to work for Tomorrowland Attractions (he's actually coming back for Finding Nemo Submarines and you can see him in one of the Year of a Million Dreams commercials). He's an older gentleman and he likes to carry around an autograph book. When he runs into children dressed up like princesses or pirates or any other character, he asks them for their autograph. To see those kids light up when their signing his book is amazing.
    "I call Voyager! That's my sub. Voyager. MINE-SIES!"


    "Have you noticed that during the holidays, Tomorrowland is the only land with no decorations? So, apparently, according to Disneyland, there is no Christmas in the future."

  10. #10

    • Queen of Sarcasm
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,331

    Re: CM appreciation/ guest stories

    I miss working with Bob at Auto and Buzz. He always came around the attractions even after he got put on the Dream Squad. He was one of the best CMs to work with.





  11. #11

    • Party Button!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Redondo Beach/Irvine, CA
    Posts
    33

    Re: CM appreciation/ guest stories

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    I miss working with Bob at Auto and Buzz. He always came around the attractions even after he got put on the Dream Squad. He was one of the best CMs to work with.
    He stills runs around the Tomorrowland backstage area, chatting with people! And like I said, he'll be on Findin Nemo Submarines this summer, right there with the opening crew, so swing by and say hi!

    Bob is such an awesome guy.
    "I call Voyager! That's my sub. Voyager. MINE-SIES!"


    "Have you noticed that during the holidays, Tomorrowland is the only land with no decorations? So, apparently, according to Disneyland, there is no Christmas in the future."

  12. #12

    • Queen of Sarcasm
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,331

    Re: CM appreciation/ guest stories

    Quote Originally Posted by attnspacetravelers View Post
    He stills runs around the Tomorrowland backstage area, chatting with people! And like I said, he'll be on Findin Nemo Submarines this summer, right there with the opening crew, so swing by and say hi!

    Bob is such an awesome guy.
    Good to know, this past summer when he would very infrequently work auto (who am I kidding, the two shifts he had there), we would always work the lines together. Anyone who has ever worked auto in the summer knows how hot and uncomfortable it can get. He would be out there joking around with me and making it a better time, especially when rotations where an hour late sometimes.





  13. #13

    • Party Button!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Redondo Beach/Irvine, CA
    Posts
    33

    Re: CM appreciation/ guest stories

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    Good to know, this past summer when he would very infrequently work auto (who am I kidding, the two shifts he had there), we would always work the lines together. Anyone who has ever worked auto in the summer knows how hot and uncomfortable it can get. He would be out there joking around with me and making it a better time, especially when rotations where an hour late sometimes.

    He did the same for me this past summer! Oh, that track was horrible, and I had hired in just as June was ending and getting hectic, and the heat started to rise. He sat with me in the pit and told stories about when he was in the army.

    I'm sure he'll help to pass the time in the heat at Subs.
    "I call Voyager! That's my sub. Voyager. MINE-SIES!"


    "Have you noticed that during the holidays, Tomorrowland is the only land with no decorations? So, apparently, according to Disneyland, there is no Christmas in the future."

  14. #14

    • Queen of Sarcasm
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,331

    Re: CM appreciation/ guest stories

    Quote Originally Posted by attnspacetravelers View Post
    He did the same for me this past summer! Oh, that track was horrible, and I had hired in just as June was ending and getting hectic, and the heat started to rise. He sat with me in the pit and told stories about when he was in the army.

    I'm sure he'll help to pass the time in the heat at Subs.
    I hired in May 2005, right at the start of the big celebration. It was hard learning the attraction and dealing with the long lines. Bob was always there to but a smile on my face. At Buzz it was the same thing. When I got trained at Space I tried to get him to go too but he flatly refused, lol. He would sit in the pit with me too, before Jeremy took it away, and he would be telling me stories about things I can't mention here but once he had me and Jenny the Lead rolling.





  15. #15

    • :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Matterhorn, 5th floor.
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: CM appreciation/ guest stories

    I love the party button

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Guest Appreciation
    By Kritter in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 12:40 PM
  2. The Everyone Else Appreciation Thread
    By sunnygirl in forum Fun and Games
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 08:39 AM
  3. Funny guest stories
    By Tracy98 in forum Break Room
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 02:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •