Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: No Circlevision anymore in Disneyland/CA - Extinct - Sad

There's a CircleVision Theater in Xian, China at the museum site building for the Terra Cotta warriors. I was totally not aware and expecting it.

I thought CircleVision was neat too. But my 1 time in WDW, my parents didn't want to watch the CircleVision movies. Guess they weren't into theme park films.

Now here's my imagineering rant
    I thought of mixing TDS's The Little Mermaid Theater and CircleVision together and placed in DCA's Golden Dreams Theater. I'd like to rename this from "Palace of Fine Arts" to "Palace of Cultural Arts". Here, various cultures are shown to represent the different people that come to CA. It's a mix of live cultural hertiage performance and CircleVision film through that country.

That would be my next generation CircleVision

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

I also loved Circlevision!!! It's one of the old memory things that I miss.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    There's a CircleVision Theater in Xian, China at the museum site building for the Terra Cotta warriors. I was totally not aware and expecting it.

I thought CircleVision was neat too. But my 1 time in WDW, my parents didn't want to watch the CircleVision movies. Guess they weren't into theme park films.

Now here's my imagineering rant
    I thought of mixing TDS's The Little Mermaid Theater and CircleVision together and placed in DCA's Golden Dreams Theater. I'd like to rename this from "Palace of Fine Arts" to "Palace of Cultural Arts". Here, various cultures are shown to represent the different people that come to CA. It's a mix of live cultural hertiage performance and CircleVision film through that country.

That would be my next generation CircleVision
    It would not be right to rename that building the "Palace of Cultural Arts"..It can only be called the "Palace of Fine Arts" as it is a replica of the real "Palace of Fine Arts" in San Francisco.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRider View Post
    In all seriousness, I agree with you. Soarin's about as close as we get these days, and doesn't its popularity send any kind of message to the powers that be that some of the simple, old-school Disney attractions still have some drawing power?
    Boring Over California, though full of great technology and pretty pictures is really just that, pretty pictures. It lacks the one thing that America the Beautiful had that made it a classic, a compelling and memorable narrative. If I wasn't familiar with California, I wouldn't have a freakin' clue what I was looking at in Soarin'. A little narration would make Soarin' much more interesting.

Also, the continual birdseye view of everything in Soarin' gets repetitive after a while. It actually limits what you can see and how you can see it. America the Beautiful had the luxury of mixing it up so you could sail into a New England harbor, drive through a covered bridge, soar to the top of Mt. Rusmore, race through L.A. on a fire engine, or gingerly descend San Francisco's curvy Lombard Street . . . a "you are there" celebration of all things American. Soarin' just looks like a giant travel poster.

So, yes, I do miss Circlevision 360, not just for the technology, but for the filmmaker's art of America the Beautiful.

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Where can I get the dvd of America the Beautiful from?

www.extinctattractionsclub.com

• Directly directed

Circlevision always made me dizzy and it was hard for me to watch so I don't miss it. But Disneylands version was/is better than Epcots.

What long-time Disneyland and Circlevision fan could ever forget...

"And now...our nine screens completely surround you..."

http://members.aol.com/opus1guy/uplo...nbellintro.wav

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12