Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BEST change?

• Done waiting!!

Cool BEST change?

Too many negative threads going on right now! Whats been the BEST change you've seen made to DL? Something that was really an example of the park plussing itself. Please try and keep the sarcasm to a minimum all you Rockin' haters.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: BEST change?

The grounds look wonderful - plants, flowers, etc. I have always been a fan of those things.

• Blind to His Own Faults

The attention (overdue) that they are giving to the DLRR is encouraging.

• Minion

The return of "Remember....Dreams Come True" fireworks show. I was afraid they would either edit the show down to half the time or change it back to "Believe...there's magic in the stars". I'm glad they decided to keep it in it's original form.

• Minion

In recent years:

Paint: Small World, Tomorrowland, Space Mountain, Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Restored Tiki Room.

Restored Submarines.

Restored Tomorrowland Terrace.

New Alice in Wonderland projections.

Restored Space Mountain track.

Jedi Training Academy.

Wonderland CD on Demand System (but they took it out).

Wishing Well grate.

Asimo.

TomorrowLanding.

Casa del Zolcalo.

Fireworks extravaganzas.

• Disneyland Obsessed

I would have to say I really enjoy the overlay to the Haunted Mansion during Christmas.

Even though I was not as fond of the Christmas overlay for It's a Small World... I guess I am just a purest... my daughters LOVVVVED it.

It has been a few years since our last visit so I am looking forward to seeing all the changes!

•   
    • Senior Minion

I actually do enjoy the huge parking structure. Nothing sucks more then returning to your car on a hot summer day and have that wave of heat hit you as you get in ... with the structure my car is in the shade and I don't have to worry about that.

And even though DCA isn't up to par to what is across the way ... I enjoy having the option to go there and enjoy a few rides ... like TOT (which is a MUST on every trip).

I am also in the minority when I say I LOVE BOTH ROCKIN' SPACE MOUNTAIN AND CALIFORNIA SCREAMIN'!

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    I am also in the minority when I say I LOVE BOTH ROCKIN' SPACE MOUNTAIN AND CALIFORNIA SCREAMIN'!
    I have to agree too.

Also though the attention that TDA gives its attractions and the updates that have all happened to the park to make it seem that yes its over 50 but it dosn't look a day over 1. Its really amazing now that the park is always so nice the rides are always great and theres not a whole that goes untouched. (im looking your way MK's HM )

But the best changes I do have to say was bringing in another park even though it hasnt met all the standards its very well on its way and I looking forward to another many years of watching it grow since I never had the chance to see DL grow I can watch DCA grow.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• Pull your "Magic" finger?

Fireworks and the Subs coming back. That little park on the side (DCA) is a good diversion too!

• Inhospitable about happy

As an old-timer, I've seen plenty. The two best changes, IMHO:

1) The 1967 Tomorrowland
    2) The 1983 Fantasyland dark ride facades. (I miss Pirate Ship/Skull Rock, tho.)

Both of these were dramatic improvements on what was already there.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I don't mean to be negative, but the posts up to now confirm my belief that the best improvements to the park either....

Involve improvements to things that have been there a long time - or improvements that happened a long time ago.

It's nice to see that the Cafe Orleans is a nice sit down restaurant again...I loved the old Sara Lee Cafe Orleans.

My old and still favorite POTC was in need of a pick-me-up...and they did a real nice job IMHO with the new refurb.

I also like HM Holiday and SM Holiday.

If it would be possible to bring back the Tahitian Terrace I'd be a really happy guy.

And they haven't totally destroyed all the other lands they way they did Tomorrowland.

Guess that's another plus.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I don't mean to be negative, but the posts up to now confirm my belief that the best improvements to the park either....

Involve improvements to things that have been there a long time - or improvements that happened a long time ago.

It's nice to see that the Cafe Orleans is a nice sit down restaurant again...I loved the old Sara Lee Cafe Orleans.

My old and still favorite POTC was in need of a pick-me-up...and they did a real nice job IMHO with the new refurb.

I also like HM Holiday and SM Holiday.

If it would be possible to bring back the Tahitian Terrace I'd be a really happy guy.

And they haven't totally destroyed all the other lands they way they did Tomorrowland.

Guess that's another plus.
    I'm with you on the Tahitian Terrace
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

The Lilly Belle returning to the Disneyland Railroad

Walt's love of Trains!

• Merry 2014!

making the whole park pretty for the 50th really changed the look and feel and attitude of the park.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Unhelpful User

I was going to start this thread. Despite all the moaning and groaning on the internet there are plenty of good changes that have been made recently at the DLR.

I really like Buzz. It's not a perfect ride but it is extremely fun and I want to ride it again and again every time I'm there.

Tower of Terror is a great ride and I actually prefer it to its Florida counterpart.

New Space Mountain is great, although I haven't been on the (thankfully temporary) Rockin' overlay.

And if I had to choose, I think "Remember" is the single best thing I've ever seen at any theme park and it's only a couple years old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast