Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Re: Will Snow White's Scary Adventures ever have a real ending?

I always thought the end was sort of lame
    I am another one who laughs at the "let's-kill-the-witch-and-live-happily-ever-after" ending.
    They should put it down for a long refurb (or a short substantial one like Alice), fix the apple effect (it never looks real or scary), and fix that ending

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I think we've had this discussion before, but basically the reason is that it is Snow White's story. She gets poisoned, passes out, the prince fights the Queen, the next thing she knows, she's living happily ever after. The blank spot where she's in the glass coffin? We're just gonna gloss over that part!

That said, it IS really abrupt and weird.
    A signature should go here.

• Sock Puppet

I guarantee you that some people, tourists, haven't seen it.

I can't imagine the ride will stay as it is forever. It will probably change and become much more elaborate. Do any of the Fantasyland Rides make a lot of sense without seeing the movie? They don't stand on their own very well unless you can relate to the films.

I want to get some of these movies now.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

The ride was originally supposed to be you, the rider, playing Snow White in the ride, hence why she wasn't originally in any of the show scenes, and thus why it's hard to make the attraction more "complete".

I don't like the ride. Too scary...still.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

SCREAAAAAAAAAAM! - "And They Lived Happily Ever After..." - Apparently, whoever just let out that bloodcurdling scream didn't live happily ever after

• no flash photography...

I've only seen snow white once. It was released in theaters when i was a teenager. It was ok...snow whites voice annoyed me and I can't remember every detail of the movie. Has it been released on DVD yet?

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I've only seen snow white once. It was released in theaters when i was a teenager. It was ok...snow whites voice annoyed me and I can't remember every detail of the movie. Has it been released on DVD yet?
    Yes

I think Disney put it back in "The Vault".
    Foolish Mortal

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

You can probably get the DVD off of ebay.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that dislikes her voice >_<

• Banned User

Yeah the ending is abrupt but how can they change it? They can't really expand it..

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

It took me like 5 rides before I even realized they showed the witch falling off the mtn!!
    i hear that took me a couple of times before I saw the witch fall

and yes i agree with everyone else the ending suck's
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Travel-Sized Guardian

"Teh Witch are ded. A Winnar am you." Yeah, I have to laugh at that every time, as well. I know they have to be short, but...that's just TOO abrupt. xD

• Done waiting!!

I went on Snow White a few weeks ago after not going on it for a few years and after the mountain scene I actually looked backward - I thought I had missed a scene or something. Felt like a weird skip in time or something. They really could shorten the mountain scene and add a quick wrap-up like Pinocchio has.

Its off topic but the first time I went on Pinocchio after they switched out the Blue Fairy at the end I almost fell out of the car! I had nooo idea that was coming!
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Fastest Man Alive

It's possible, since huge snippets of the attraction featuring the Evil Queen's torture chambers and the Old Hag terrorizing you could be cut down and still stay coherent. Condense the mountain scene to the 2nd last scene, and the final end with The Prince coming up to the glass coffin.
    It needs something. It's probably the least popular original attraction in Fantasyland. Almost always a walkon, not living up to its potential anymore.

• California Golden Bear

Will SW ever have a real ending? No, there simply isn't the space to expand the ride, which is why it has the ending it does. Without an extensive refurb or a complete rebuild, like Alice recieved during the '83 New FL project, SW won't change.
    Personally I think SW does the best jobof any FL darkride of telling the story, if you want to talk about rides where the story doesn't make sense look at Peter Pan. You're flying to Neverland, Tiger Lily's tied up, Pan fights hook, and then all of the sudden "We're sailing for London." WTF? Oh well, even if the story isn't he best the effects are great and ieven with its increably long wait it remains popular so it must be doing something right.
    "Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."
    -Walt Disney, March 1, 1941

“Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.”
    Walt Disney, Deeds Rather Than Words

• Hiding in the shadows

I rode SW for the first time in like 15 years in October with my 3 year old daughter who has not seen the movie. I was so confused at the abrupt ending I actually asked my friend who was with us where the rest of the story went and he just laughed. Honestly I think its easier going on the ride without seeing the movie, because otherwise its totally confusing. Now when I take DD on it, I always leave thinking I missed something.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast