Thread: Quick Question

• Banned User

Quick Question

Me and my best friend are trying to get as many companies to recycle and after going to Six Flags, and seeing all the trash all over the floor(most that can be recycled) we decided to write to them and Disney(also Starbucks, 31 Flavors, etc). I already planned on writing to them but, I need to know if they have recycling bins in the park already, I don't really remember if they do (haven't been there in over a year) so I would really appreciate an answer. Sorry for the long posts and thank you in advance.

-Jojo

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Quick Question

They do have receptacles exclusively for bottles....

• враг народа

Blog Entries

There are recycle bins located about Walt Disney World, but at most 1:20.

• n/a

Yes, it has everyone's favorite conscience on them asking you to do the right thing.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Feed the Ducks!

There already are recycling bins pretty much everywhere in the park. Disney recycles tons and tons of items every years.

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Don't worry, at WDW us custodians are required to sort through it anyways, regardless of which bin it's in. The recycle bins are just out to show the guest an effort is being made and give us a head start on sorting it.

• Banned User

Thanks for the answers. Although I do like the fact that they have bins for bottles, I don't think thats enough, they need recycling bins for all recyclables. I can think of 100s of things in the park besides bottles that can be recycled.

My friend recently wrote to Target and they responded nicely(saying they would let the people in charge know of the situation), she also took over the environmental club at our school because she felt they weren't doing enough. Thanks a lot.

-Jojo
    Edit: Thanks for the info of the custodial work.

• Minion

Yes, Disney recycles. They even recycle in the employees break areas. The monies received from recycling are donated. I know this because the monies received from recycling in the employees area is donated to the organization we raise service pups for. Pluto comes a couple times a year and brings a check. You can read about it here: http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006...5_299_2_06.txt

From the article:
    "Disneyland cast members presented a $50,000 check to Canine Companions, funded through cast members' recycling efforts at the Disneyland Resort. Disneyland provides recycling bins on all of their properties, and according to Disney representative Dan Mahin, "All resort trash is separated and recycled. This is a huge part of the Disney Company that a lot of folks aren't aware of.""
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Banned User

OMG, this is very, very overwhelming, I would have never expected this from ANY company. This will be great news to share. Now I feel really inspired to write to Six Flags for sure.

-Jojo

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    OMG, this is very, very overwhelming, I would have never expected this from ANY company. This will be great news to share. Now I feel really inspired to write to Six Flags for sure.

-Jojo
    They donate to a lot of agencies. Canine Companions specifically gets the recycling that comes from the employee break areas. I think Children's Hosital of Orange County gets a portion of the park's recycling. And I think Anaheim Boy's and Girl's club gets a portion of that also.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Neep meep beep

A better question might be, why are you trying to get companies to recycle, when it's proven not to work, and actually wastes more of the planet's resources than not recycling?

Recycling may be the most wasteful activity in modern America. A waste of time and money. A waste of human and natural resources.
    – John Tierney, The New York Times. See entire article.
    http://skepchick.org/blog/?p=337

http://www.mises.org/freemarket_detail.asp?control=212

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/000804.html

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/826870/posts

http://www.lockjawslair.com/archives...recycling.html

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Good for you guys!
    Good morning, son