Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
    • Senior Minion

Why I am excited

I am so excited to be returning to Disneyland after a 30 year absence! Let me tell you why.... I was born in 1963, in Los Angeles... UCLA Medical Center to be exact. Lived in a lttle apartment with my folks in West LA until two years later when moved to a little community called Sunset Mesa in Malibu... just barely Malibu mind you, It bordered the Pacific Palisades. 1976 found us moving to Pasadena and 1979 to New York City. SO... it has been 30 years since I have been to Disneyland. I probably went 20 to 30 times as a child before we moved to the east coast. As I know you folks can appreciate, the memories I hold of my times there with friends and family are priceless, and sometimes I get emotional as I remember those great visits of years gone by.
    Fast forward to 2007. I am 43, have a wonderful wife, and a GREAT 3 1/2 yr. old daughter that we adopted newborn ( I can't tell you how blessed I am). My wife and I have been in Seattle for 19 years. Our little family is going to Disneyland in early May! To be able to bring my daughter to a place that was so special to me starting at her same age, is magical... and personally for me to be returning is so exciting. I don't know who will have more fun!
    Anyway, I think all of you guys are great, I have been lurking for a while. I know you folks would appreciate my little story. I am coming home.
    Last edited by ThomasJefferson; 03-13-2007 at 10:32 PM. Reason: bonehead spelling!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Why I am excited

Congratulations and welcome!

Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful trip.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Congratulations and welcome!

Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful trip.
    Thanks! I can't wait to try one of those whips! They didn't have those back in the day....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJefferson View Post
    Thanks! I can't wait to try one of those whips! They didn't have those back in the day....
    Haha, well they are absolutely amazing! My best girlfriend actually introduced me to them, and I've been hooked ever since! They're very refreshing...just be warned that during summertime, the machines tend to break down quite a bit >_< The other pineapple stuff they have there is very delicious, too...and admittedly much healthier for you than the whips. lol

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I'm so happy for you!!!! Visiting Disneyland after so long is like visiting an old friend. There's so much to catch up on, yet you feel so comfortable to just be yourself. :sigh: I have so many positive memories at that park!

Btw, say hi to Donald Duck for me, and eat the biggest churro you can find! LOL

Have a safe and fun trip!

...Joe...

• Eeyore smiling

When you bring your child for the first time to Disneyland, no matter how many times you may have gone or not gone, it becomes the reality of why Walt built his dream. Congratulations on taking your daughter at the best age! Give Mickey Mouse's nose a kiss for all of us and ENJOY

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    I'm so happy for you!!!! Visiting Disneyland after so long is like visiting an old friend. There's so much to catch up on, yet you feel so comfortable to just be yourself. :sigh: I have so many positive memories at that park!

Btw, say hi to Donald Duck for me, and eat the biggest churro you can find! LOL

Have a safe and fun trip!

...Joe...
    Thanks Joe! Besides the pineapple whip, a churro is another treat I am looking forward to! I just seem to remember a lot of popcorn in the 60's and 70's!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Kath2188 View Post
    When you bring your child for the first time to Disneyland, no matter how many times you may have gone or not gone, it becomes the reality of why Walt built his dream. Congratulations on taking your daughter at the best age! Give Mickey Mouse's nose a kiss for all of us and ENJOY
    Thanks for the warm welcome everybody, I really appreciate it. I think you are a special group.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJefferson View Post
    Thanks Joe! Besides the pineapple whip, a churro is another treat I am looking forward to! I just seem to remember a lot of popcorn in the 60's and 70's!
    Another snack I love to get are the fruit 'n' yogurt parfait's at Tomorrowland Terrace. Man, those are so dang good...and healthy for ya - well, sorta. LOL

...Joe...

Not quite yet May, but...Welcome Home!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Would you guys believe that I am sure when I hold my daughters little hand as we walk thru the bridge (that's what we used to call it anyway) at the entrance that this 6' 4" 290 lb. guy will have a couple of tears?

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    Not quite yet May, but...Welcome Home!
    Thank you.

• some imagination huh?

Odd question... have you guys already bought your tickets..; how many days are you staying?

• Eeyore smiling

Something I always did with my children when they were young was a countdown calendar that I made up. I would get disney stickers and every day they would put a sticker to help count down to the trip. I would not make the calendar too far out, maybe at her age a week, then of course subsequent trips you can make the calendar longer.

Also, put some real thought into what is her first ride.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Nope not yet.... next payday! We are staying for 7 nites but are looking to buy a 5-day pass. Going to take 2 days to go by and show wife and daughter my old homes I grew up in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast