Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152237 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: The Joy of FASTPASS - details and secrets

Is it true that guests are actually waiting in the temple queue for Indy now?

Fast Pass Rules Without It I Wouldn't Get On Anything All Day! Hail Fast Pass And Give The Inventor A Nobel Prize For God Sake Its The Best Thing Thats Ever Happened To Disneyland In Forever!!!!!!! I Will Cry If They Decide To Take Them Out!!!!!!

• Banned User

I have some questions about this newfangled system that Kevin Yee seems to dislike so much. I haven't been to Disneyland in years so I'm not sure how it works anymore.

Let's say I'm going at 8am on a Tuesday. At this point do I not bother with fastpass and just go on the first ride, or will getting a fastpass for say, Buzz Lightyear, and then going on Space Mountain be better? When a ride first opens when is the fastpass return window?

Basically the first ride of the morning is a gimmie. Minimal waiting. I'm just wondering if fastpass is worth it that early.
    Last edited by SpokkerJones; 07-10-2006 at 10:50 AM.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones
    I have some questions about this newfangled system that Kevin Yee seems to dislike so much. I haven't been to Disneyland in years so I'm not sure how it works anymore.

Let's say I'm going at 8am on a Tuesday. At this point do I not bother with fastpass and just go on the first ride, or will getting a fastpass for say, Buzz Lightyear, and then going on Space Mountain be better? When a ride first opens when is the fastpass return window?

Basically the first ride of the morning is a gimmie. Minimal waiting. I'm just wondering if fastpass is worth it that early.
    I say yes, many folks will go to Space Mountain, get a FASTPASS for Space Mountain, but then go thru the short Stand-By line, and hold the FP for use later in the day.

FP's have a minimum of a 40 minute return, so after riding Space, you could get in a short line for BLAB or Star Tours, then go get an Autopia Fastpass.....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by bryangharwood
    Fast Pass Rules Without It I Wouldn't Get On Anything All Day! Hail Fast Pass And Give The Inventor A Nobel Prize For God Sake Its The Best Thing Thats Ever Happened To Disneyland In Forever!!!!!!! I Will Cry If They Decide To Take Them Out!!!!!!
    My sentiments exactly.

I AM OBSESSED WITH FASTPASS!!!!!!!!!!!

Literally, I'll get a FP even if the wait is only 15 or 20 min. I just like to have a FP. Every time I go on Indy, I love having a FP so I can bypass the outside queue and pity the poor souls who spend 50 min. waiting!!!

I don't understand why some people don't want to "bother" with FP. FP makes my days at DL much more enjoyable and allows me to accomplish so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by bryangharwood
    I Will Cry If They Decide To Take Them Out!!!!!!
    ME TOO.....PLEASE KEEP FP EVERYWHERE - ESPECIALLY AT INDY

• Defying gravity

Matterhorn should have a FP - one side standby and the other side FP. However, it might be too difficult for guests to cut in line since most of the queue is a straight single file line. Matterhorn also has a place for the FP machines - by the payphones in Fantasyland.

QUESTION

i dont feel this needs a new post...but do they really take late fast passes? how late is too late? it makes me nervous...maybe im just a lil ocd lol

• Banned User

I dont like every lowlife, perve in the world to know where i live!

Fast Passes Suck!!!

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by belleariel412
    QUESTION

i dont feel this needs a new post...but do they really take late fast passes? how late is too late? it makes me nervous...maybe im just a lil ocd lol
    Yes, as stated in the OP it is DLR policy and has been for years. They just do not publish this. At a minimum publishing it would confuse the guests more than they already are confused. So it is unpublished but definitely policy.

One day at DL last summer I got a FP for Space Mtn at 8AM. The return window was 8:55-9:55AM. We never used them until 11:50PM that night - about 14 hours late. Not a word.

On the rare occasion - this has never happened to me - that a CM acts like they will not let you use the FP after the window, it is probably because they are new and do not know the policy yet. If this were to happen, here is what you do:

1. Smile - be friendly - and say "Oh really, I understood that I can use these after the window. Can you please check with another CM or manager to find out? I would be happy to wait while you check."

2. If for some reason this were not to work - I would make sure to get the FPs back and then just leave. Come back an hour later and the CMs will have changed by then. And then try again.

• Circle of Ancients

We noticed this past weekend they changed the FP line for Splash. Usually the FP line goes all the way to the final turn before the station, then they take your ticket which takes about 5-10 minutes. The first time we rode Sunday the FP line was pretty far back, about 20 feet after the turnstyles and the line took about 20 minutes.

The 2nd time we rode they took the FP's when we entered the building (a first) and the line was just at the turnstyles. The FP line took about 35 - 40 minutes.

Not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus
    Your 2yr olds do not have tickets, nor do they need them. Same applies to FP. They do not need FP to ride the ride. They will ride with an adult with a FP and will be fine.

-flynnibus (father of 3 )
    Just a word of caution on 2 year olds and the Autopia! Please be careful because if the person behind you, severely bumps your car, your two year old will probably get hurt.

One tip my wife and I use, because the three year old likes the autopia, is to have one of us ride in the car behind the spouse riding with toddler.
    Then we leave plenty of room so that if the rear driver is bumped, there is no way to impact the car with the toddler.

I read someplace else on MC that the autopia has the highest count of claims for minor injury!

I was at Disneyland this Sunday, and the CM at the FP line for Splash Mountain gave me a hard time for returning 4 hours after the allottted time window. I don't know if he was joking, but it made me uncomfortable and made me feel bad. Oh, and it didn't help that the people in the stand-by line were staring as if I was some sort of criminal for breaking a rule.

I tried to laugh it off, but now I'm wondering whether CMs really do get irritated with people who know the policies regarding FPs and make use of them.

Quote Originally Posted by writerevie
    I was at Disneyland this Sunday, and the CM at the FP line for Splash Mountain gave me a hard time for returning 4 hours after the allottted time window. I don't know if he was joking, but it made me uncomfortable and made me feel bad. Oh, and it didn't help that the people in the stand-by line were staring as if I was some sort of criminal for breaking a rule.

I tried to laugh it off, but now I'm wondering whether CMs really do get irritated with people who know the policies regarding FPs and make use of them.
    Hmm. . . It might have just been the how old the FP was. At 6pm if a CM saw a FP that was valid at say noon I think it would make him or her suspisious as to why you are using it now. Here is a quote from the first post of this very helpful thread regarding the end time:

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    but they have been told to be very flexible on the ending time, who knows why you have been delayed, you could have been stuck on another ride, etc.... so they almost always never say anything when you show up late with a FASTPASS...
    That said the CM doesn't know that you might have been overcome by the heat and went back to your hotel for a nap and a shower.

Anyway I am glad that you were able to use the FP and am sorry to hear that you made to feel uncomfortable by the CM and those in line.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TIECHIMAN
    Fast Passes Suck!!!
    No they don't
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Was at DLR today all day long, and we had trouble using FPs later in the day past the times printed on the pass. We were actually turned away at Splash Mountain, so I don't know if there's a change in policy.

If anyone knows whether there has, please let me know, as I will be spending all weekend there.

Thanks in advance!

Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152237 ... LastLast