Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162338 ... LastLast

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Re: The Joy of FASTPASS - details and secrets

Looks like Splash Mtn had trouble today which is a reason why they might not accept expired FastPassed. See

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33902

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by writerevie
    Was at DLR today all day long, and we had trouble using FPs later in the day past the times printed on the pass. We were actually turned away at Splash Mountain, so I don't know if there's a change in policy.

If anyone knows whether there has, please let me know, as I will be spending all weekend there.

Thanks in advance!
    This doesn't make sense, one of the reasons that you are allowed to use your FP after the ending time printed on the FP is due to the fact that rides break down, and you can't use the FP during the first hour...
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    This doesn't make sense, one of the reasons that you are allowed to use your FP after the ending time printed on the FP is due to the fact that rides break down, and you can't use the FP during the first hour...
    Are they more strict since we tried to use FPs around 4 or 5 (like the other thread said), and our FPs were for 10:20 - 11:20 a.m.? Is that pushing it? Would they have been as strict if we showed up at 1 or 2 p.m.? Just wondering...

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by writerevie
    Are they more strict since we tried to use FPs around 4 or 5 (like the other thread said), and our FPs were for 10:20 - 11:20 a.m.? Is that pushing it? Would they have been as strict if we showed up at 1 or 2 p.m.? Just wondering...
    Well FWIW, we got a Splash Mtn FP at 9:30AM on Aug 2 for a window of about 10:30-11:30AM, and we used it at 4PM with absolutely no problem.

If any CM were to ever question the late FP, I would first of all be nice about it. Then I would nicely say that I understood it was DLR policy to accept the FP even if late and could the CM check with a co-worker or supervisor. I would offer to wait while they checked. If somehow this still did not work, I would come back an hour or more later when a different CM was working and try again.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I think what you are starting to see is the abusing the system catching up with people

They were being nice about it.. and now that everyone plans their trip around it rather then using it necessary.. its probably causing disruptions.

The whole point of fastpass is to be able to distribute the load.. if no one returns in their window.. that logic starts to fall

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

As of January 3rd, 2007, AAA will no longer offer the Enhanced Fastpass option if you stay at one of the Disney owned hotels.

This was a decision Disney made.

• Quality not quantity

As of January 3rd, 2007, AAA will no longer offer the Enhanced Fastpass option if you stay at one of the Disney owned hotels.

This was a decision Disney made.
    So does that imply the death of the enhanced pass or just that Disney wants to scarff up the extra bucks by offering it themselves?

I suppose I could see a number of reasons for killing it off. We used an enhanced pass on our last visit and we did get quite a few very nasty looks from people later in the day as we fanned out our stack of fastpasses to decide where to go next.
    Last edited by Moonliner; 08-16-2006 at 01:39 PM.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

As I understand it, the death of it, at least thru Walt Disney Travel Company and/or AAA Travel.

Remember that some more attractions (like Indiana Jones) are rumored to lose their machines.

But we do have the "Golden FASTPASS" that will be handed out to random guests as part of the Year of a Million Dreams.

• Quality not quantity

But we do have the "Golden FASTPASS" that will be handed out to random guests as part of the Year of a Million Dreams.
    And would it be safe to assume that "Golden Fastapss" = "Enhanced Fastapss" ?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

^That is my guess too, will know more October 1st, when the Disney Legal Department releases the Official Rules

I feel lucky that I'm getting in on the enhanced fp while it still exists. We leave Saturday, and I have a question about my tickets. I have 5 - 2 adult and 3 children. The adult tickets say WDTC AAA and the kids just say WDTC - no AAA. I'm concerned why the AAA designation isn't on all of the tickets, so I called my agent who referred me to the Disney Travel company. The person I talked to said not to worry because what makes it a AAA ticket is that is says Free Parking Mickey and Friends Parking Structure at the bottom. All 5 tickets have this. He also said that if we had any problems getting multiple fastpasses, we could go to the travel office in DTD and they would fix it, but the last thing I want to after getting up at the crack of dawn for early entry is to leave the park to visit the travel office. So, can anyone confirm what the guy at WDTC told me?

Thumbs down Re: The Joy of FASTPASS - details and secrets

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I think what you are starting to see is the abusing the system catching up with people

They were being nice about it.. and now that everyone plans their trip around it rather then using it necessary.. its probably causing disruptions.

The whole point of fastpass is to be able to distribute the load.. if no one returns in their window.. that logic starts to fall
    I agree. The abuse of the system bothers me because it ruins it for everyone else. No offense to anyone here but it bothers me that people can't just use it when they are supposed to so that we can all enjoy the fastpasses. It is not that hard. They will eventually take it away at this rate.

I'm going to the park next week, can someone tell me the networked and un-networked machines for that week. thanks. i've never tried the "trick" so i hope it works. Oh and so will it only work if i get the un-networked pass first, or does it not matter?

We only used it for a few of the big rides, where only myself and my dad would go on, meaning my sister and mum wouldn't be stuck somewhere waiting for us too long.

We used their tickets to get 4 fastpass tickets for tower of terror and rockin' rollercoaster, so we got to do the ride again straight after our first go.

Even if you don't use th fastpass tckets, they make a good scrapbook filler!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jiminysgurl View Post
    I'm going to the park next week, can someone tell me the networked and un-networked machines for that week. thanks. i've never tried the "trick" so i hope it works. Oh and so will it only work if i get the un-networked pass first, or does it not matter?
    The First post is kept updated, and has the current info.

And as for using "Stand-Alone" Machines, it does not matter.