Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223243146 ... LastLast

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Re: The Joy of FASTPASS - details and secrets

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    ^ I love comments like these that don't mention time of day or day of week or date of year at all.

-- PMM

Do you?

11:00 at night, last FP of the day, this was last year on a Friday I think

• cwoob

whew. that was a mouth full!!! I like it, I now feel ready to take on the fast pass system.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Congrates
    Quote Originally Posted by cwoob View Post
    whew. that was a mouth full!!! I like it, I now feel ready to take on the fast pass system.

Congrates!

• Must Ride Space Mountain

Blog Entries

Hello:
    I would like to thank you for all the advice about how it is possible to get multi-fastpasses at one time. At first I was skeptical about doing what was suggested. We took off the last weekend of June to the park and while the family was in line for Nemo, I jetted over to get fastpasses for S M, then I immediately went to rr to test the theory. Would you believe--it worked! Right before we got on Nemo I ran over to Buzz lightyear (sorry Nemo was three hours that day) and grabed the fastpasses. We were able to ride on ten rides that day even though we waited in line for 3 hours for finding nemo including IJ. Thanks Darkbeer
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    I know you, I walked with you once apon a dream. See ya at the park! BFA. (Black Family Alert).

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by alldaymd View Post
    Hello:
    I would like to thank you for all the advice about how it is possible to get multi-fastpasses at one time. At first I was skeptical about doing what was suggested. We took off the last weekend of June to the park and while the family was in line for Nemo, I jetted over to get fastpasses for S M, then I immediately went to rr to test the theory. Would you believe--it worked! Right before we got on Nemo I ran over to Buzz lightyear (sorry Nemo was three hours that day) and grabed the fastpasses. We were able to ride on ten rides that day even though we waited in line for 3 hours for finding nemo including IJ. Thanks Darkbeer

How did ya do it? Link please

Quote Originally Posted by SILVERMOUSE21 View Post

Do what? Get 2 FPs at once? You just get a set of FP for any ride. Then go over to the Roger Rabbit FP machines and get another set. It's not that hard. This only works for Grizzly River Run at DCA and Roger Rabbit at DL.
    Love WoC!!!

Next DL trip: August 2011

"What do you mean we can't get rid of those weeds in time? Then go over there and put some fancy signs with Latin names in front of them."
    -Walt Disney

• Must Ride Space Mountain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SILVERMOUSE21 View Post

Yes which one the pictures or the fast past. Fast past I just followed this chats advice. Teh pictures, my brother found them. I'll start a new forum and we can all share.
    I know you, I walked with you once apon a dream. See ya at the park! BFA. (Black Family Alert).

• When Will It Return?

If I'm reading this right, you just maximized use of the 2-hour rule. Something every Disneyland guest should at least try to do in order to maximize FP's use for you.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Banned User

If I'm reading this right, you just maximized use of the 2-hour rule. Something every Disneyland guest should at least try to do in order to maximize FP's use for you.
    If every Disneyland guest maximized their use of Fastpass then it wouldn't make a difference in terms of wait times. The key to Fastpass is that not everyone knows how to use and how to maximize their enjoyment out of it. The key to Fastpass is that some people miss out.

You can't create something out of nothing. And it's not like people are missing out. Many Disneyland guests just sort of mill around anyway, with or without Fastpass. People often pay full price and don't try to get on as many rides as possible. I see these people all the time. I've visited theme parks with these people.

I went with a group once that honest to God paid full price and I tagged along with my AP. It was amazing how slow they moved and how much time they took between attractions. They sat there and texted friends and talked on their cell phones. Even as an AP who often times just sits there and enjoys the atmosphere, it was a very slow experience. I eventually ditched them, rode some rides, and went home because I just wasn't having fun.

I see these people all the time. It's amazing.

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    If every Disneyland guest maximized their use of Fastpass then it wouldn't make a difference in terms of wait times. The key to Fastpass is that not everyone knows how to use and how to maximize their enjoyment out of it. The key to Fastpass is that some people miss out.

You can't create something out of nothing. And it's not like people are missing out. Many Disneyland guests just sort of mill around anyway, with or without Fastpass. People often pay full price and don't try to get on as many rides as possible. I see these people all the time. I've visited theme parks with these people.

I went with a group once that honest to God paid full price and I tagged along with my AP. It was amazing how slow they moved and how much time they took between attractions. They sat there and texted friends and talked on their cell phones. Even as an AP who often times just sits there and enjoys the atmosphere, it was a very slow experience. I eventually ditched them, rode some rides, and went home because I just wasn't having fun.

I see these people all the time. It's amazing.
    It is amazing, but if everyone couldn't take full advantage of the 2 hour rule, it wouldn't exist. The Tokyo Disney Resort parks have the same rule AND its has much more enforcement of the window as well as much more participation in the FP system, and there doesn't seem to be any problems at all with it. The people over there seem to understand that stand-by is a choice and in that line you're giving priority to those with FP tickets...why do people here seem to either not get it, be in complete denial over it, not understand how it works, etc?

True the more people with FP tickets, the more people will be in the FP queues, BUT that's why the windows exist - to stagger them out so they all don't invade at one time. In CA, those windows aren't enforced, but the vast majority of FP'ers don't really know that, so the windows still serve their purpose most of the time. Reason why I bring that up is that that's the system mostly working like it should, not the other way around as you describe.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

One time, while in line for Splash Mountain, some people went by in the fastpas line. A group behind me made some snide remark about having to pay to use it, among other rude remarks... I turned around and explained the basics of the system (not all the ins and outs, but enough to get them started), and after I was done, they looked at eachother in amazement and said "cool! we so have to do that!" It was a really cool moment for me. I got more people turned to the fastpass side

And, if anyone wants to fight me on the pros and cons of the fastpass system... tough. I'm not going to get into a childish squabble. All I will say is that I am a strong supporter of the fastpass system. If you want to debate this, become a gold member and go into the debate forums. But, while here, outside of the debate forums, please remeber not to create a negative atmosphere by trying to force your opinion on others.

With that said, I bid you farewell and I hope you have a magical day!

• When Will It Return?

If you want to debate this, become a gold member and go into the debate forums. But, while here, outside of the debate forums, please remeber not to create a negative atmosphere by trying to force your opinion on others.
    Wow I didn't realize you were a MC Moderator...

-- PMM

Wow I didn't realize you were a MC Moderator...

-- PMM
    lol. While I do agree with your FP view dland_lover, I don't think you should tell other people that they can't post their opinions and debate. Although that's what I just did. It's a discussion forum for crying out loud, and I think that a debate is a type of discussion.
    Love WoC!!!

Next DL trip: August 2011

"What do you mean we can't get rid of those weeds in time? Then go over there and put some fancy signs with Latin names in front of them."
    -Walt Disney

• When Will It Return?

If he's not MC staff, he shouldn't be telling anyone anything about what to do or where to go.

Frankly, I'm surprised there is a debate, but since the major journalists on this site continue to repeat the same claims that frankly aren't true (zero sum equation, just makes lines longer, adds hours to wait times), this 'debate' I guess will continue. It's time the major writers here took a second look at their claims after 26+ pages of this thread and possibly re-evaluate their staunch anti-FP stance. It sure would be nice to not have to shoot down the same catch phrases people get from them over & over & over & over again...

-- PMM

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Well, I would like you all to know that this is one of my biggest pet peeves. I've had this on my mind for a while now, and I just wanted to say it. Maybe I shouldn't have? I don't know. But the fact remains that I did say it, and you can all go on and ignore the comment as if nothing happened.

I just wanted to express myself on the matter, which, yes: I can see, that it could be the start of a debate, in a way. I just wanted to say what was on my mind, is all.

Please don't think I'm an arrogant, pompous jerk. I'm really not! I just can be very opinionated sometimes. And sometimes, it just comes across too strong. Forgive me?