Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567142954 ... LastLast

• Basking in birthday love

Re: The Joy of FASTPASS - details and secrets

I think they should just pull FP from Star Tours. I've never seen the line longer than 20-30 minutes, which is totally reasonable. FP is just unnecessary, and the distribution area clogs up an already overclogged passage in the park.

Now, if they refurb Star Tours so it gets additional destinations, the lines will probably become much longer, and FP will once more be a viable option. But that won't happen for a while if at all, so there's no reason they couldn't pull the machines and put them in storage somewhere and free up some room.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    I think they should just pull FP from Star Tours. I've never seen the line longer than 20-30 minutes, which is totally reasonable. FP is just unnecessary, and the distribution area clogs up an already overclogged passage in the park.

Now, if they refurb Star Tours so it gets additional destinations, the lines will probably become much longer, and FP will once more be a viable option. But that won't happen for a while if at all, so there's no reason they couldn't pull the machines and put them in storage somewhere and free up some room.
    I've seen Star Tours line extend to an hour.

Yeah, I couldn't believe it either.

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by Mousing Around
    I've seen Star Tours line extend to an hour.

Yeah, I couldn't believe it either.
    Actually, I remember it being fairly long when I was younger. What I should have said was, in recent visits (say, the last two years), I've never seen the line extend beyond 30 minutes. Of course, I don't stand outside it all day, so that doesn't mean it never happens.

The fact that the Fastpass machines for ST are nearly always off, even on busy days (they were off on the 17th, for cryin' out loud), seems to indicate that the service is no longer necessary on that ride. I still maintain that they should just pull it, or at the very least, find a less obnoxious place for the distro area.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Yes ST was an awesome ride when it first opened, and even up to about 1995. I have never used FP on ST, Thunder, or HM. Good ridence to getting the machines outta there.

Darkbeer, I never know that you couldn't get a FP for the same ride even after the 2 hours. I thought you could get anyone when the 2 hours was up. And your time examples, should be more like at Splash at noon and get a return time of 10 PM!!! This happened to me once.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Well, folks...

I went to ride Roger Rabbit yesterday (confirmed that both it and GRR are still stand-alone), and when entering the ride, along with a couple of friends... the CM stopped us and pointed out the fact that the FASTPASSes are good from the starting time thru the end of the day, he actually placed his thumb over the return time to help explain, My girlfriend was about to point out who I was, when he said he was told he was to point it out to all the guests when he had the time. So for those of you who don't think it is official policy, well, here is another example of it being the official policy of the Disneyland Resort....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Mentat

Wow, I just read this entire discussion...Guess who can't sleep...Anyway, A thought occured to me:

FASTPASS is the most American thing ever!

It adds a bizzare element of competition to the parks. Who can maximize thier day the best? You know what I mean. As you read this, you are thinking about new strategies to "beat" the other guests.

Thanks DarkBeer! I have yet to use FASTPASS-- but will have opportunity in a few weeks.

To the poster who likened the intimate knowledge of FP to a 'locals only' club: I just proved you wrong.

Here's a tip we figured out yeaterday: If you have a blackout pass, both the AP and the blackout ticket will spit out a fastpass.

• THE DMCA STONER!

ya I'm still confused . It still seems as DL is catering to the rich. ie. Extravagant Hotels (which cost more to stay 4 days than I make in a week),this new fast pass thing,and secret clubs(Where you can buy booze).Which brings me to say I hate that they sell booze @ 33, it demeans the park and is almost like a dirty little secret. If you want to drink and ride go to universal!

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by CAS
    ya I'm still confused . It still seems as DL is catering to the rich. ie. Extravagant Hotels (which cost more to stay 4 days than I make in a week),this new fast pass thing,and secret clubs(Where you can buy booze).Which brings me to say I hate that they sell booze @ 33, it demeans the park and is almost like a dirty little secret. If you want to drink and ride go to universal!
    But Fast Pass doesn't cost anything!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS

Some people don't think there is anything dirty or demeaning about alcohol.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I just edited the OP to reflect the fact that Haunted Mansion Holiday is a Stand-Alone attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    I just edited the OP to reflect the fact that Haunted Mansion Holiday is a Stand-Alone attraction.
    I hope this is going to turn out to be true!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude
    I hope this is going to turn out to be true!
    I tested it today, got a FP for HMH, then went straight to Indy and got a valid FP....

Yes, everything at Disney is subject to change, but last year, HMH FP's were stand-alone, and it looks like it will be the same this year

• Small Projects Team

HM has always been a stand alone FP

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

^Alas, that is not true (it was networked the first year it was offered), and as of yesterday by reports, and today by my own testing...

HMH is NETWORKED, I am editing the guide as I type....

Alas, they made this change on Saturday, so sorry for the miscommunication....

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567142954 ... LastLast