Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 243946474849505152 ... LastLast

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: The Joy of FASTPASS - details and secrets

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Or, or, orrrrrr.....
    They have a fastpass for another attraction and this is how they're "wasting" their time.
    During the holidays.
    I'll get a FP for HM
    but also get in line and wait to ride it.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Disneyland's the best!

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post
    I'd rather see the Matterhorn Bobsleds imploded into a pile of rubble than see Fastpass added to them... just what would be the point of Fastpass at Matterhorn? Even with the line going to the back of the mountain, it's less than a 45 minute wait.
    WHAT?!?!?!?! Then all the Fantasyland rides would suck! At least right now there's something good to go on. And that's like a park placeholder! Disneyland would turn into an unbalanced mess like DCA if that happened!

• Disneyland's the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybirdman View Post
    That's the biggest problem with Fastpass. They don't limit you to that one hour window, it's more like a guideline. So the later it gets, the longer lines get, because they are letting people use Fastpasses from 6 hours ago.
    Is that a bad thing?

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeAtDLand View Post
    Is that a bad thing?
    Yes because it breaks the limits and makes it impossible for Disney's Fastpass system to give out the right ammount, increasing lines for everyone, even those who use the Fastpass all day.

• is too darn hot.

WHAT?!?!?!?! Then all the Fantasyland rides would suck! At least right now there's something good to go on. And that's like a park placeholder! Disneyland would turn into an unbalanced mess like DCA if that happened!
    None of the rides in Fantasyland suck, at least from what I can tell.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Disney Fan & Musician

FL rides don't suck. I think Peter Pan is one of the best in the park! :/
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Disneylander

I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked...
    A friend of mine was in Dland yesterday and saw people with a FP that worked for several rides. Is there some kind of super fast pass? We got them for Year of a Million Dreams, but I haven't seen them since. Does anyone know what this is for and how you get them?

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by Figaro View Post
    I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked...
    A friend of mine was in Dland yesterday and saw people with a FP that worked for several rides. Is there some kind of super fast pass? We got them for Year of a Million Dreams, but I haven't seen them since. Does anyone know what this is for and how you get them?
    Year of a Million Dreams lasted from 2007-2008. I have won many Dream Fastpass because I'm a early bird and go to Disneyland at park opening. Cast Members would give out Dream Fastpasses to people at a different spots early in the morning usually the first 2-3 hours after the park is open. For example I got Dream Fastpasses at the exit of Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, at the Wishing Well, at Toontown, etc. Dream Fastpass has fastpasses for both Disneyland and DCA. Cast Members would give out Dream Fastpass at both Disneyland and DCA. The Dream Fastpass works for both Disneyland and DCA. Dream Fastpass works better than an normal fastpass because Dream Fastpasses already have all fastpasses for every attraction that takes Fastpass. At first the Dream Fastpass was only valid on the day you got it, but it was changed to expire on December 31 ,2008. So you basically have all 12 or 13 fastpasses (in Sept-Jan. Haunted Mansion Hoiday) in one shot if you spot a Cast Member passing out Dream Fastpasses. The Dream fastpass has tabs with attractions such as Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain..etc...the tabs are the Fastpass. For example when going on Splash Mountain just go to the fast pass line and give the fastpass tab from the dream fastpass to the Splash Mountain Cast Member. The sad thing is Dream Fastpass are not valid anymore since December 31, 2008.

Here's how the Dream Fastpass looks:

Last edited by MickeyMousePal; 04-07-2010 at 11:44 PM.
    "You are watching FOX"

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Year of a Million Dreams lasted from 2007-2008. I have won many Dream Fastpass because I'm a early bird and go to Disneyland at park opening. Cast Members would give out Dream Fastpasses to people at a different spots early in the morning usually the first 2-3 hours after the park is open. For example I got Dream Fastpasses at the exit of Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, at the Wishing Well, at Toontown, etc. Dream Fastpass has fastpasses for both Disneyland and DCA. Cast Members would give out Dream Fastpass at both Disneyland and DCA. The Dream Fastpass works for both Disneyland and DCA. Dream Fastpass works better than an normal fastpass because Dream Fastpasses already have all fastpasses for every attraction that takes Fastpass. At first the Dream Fastpass was only valid on the day you got it, but it was changed to expire on December 31 ,2008. So you basically have all 12 or 13 fastpasses (in Sept-Jan. Haunted Mansion Hoiday) in one shot if you spot a Cast Member passing out Dream Fastpasses. The Dream fastpass has tabs with attractions such as Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain..etc...the tabs are the Fastpass. For example when going on Splash Mountain just go to the fast pass line and give the fastpass tab from the dream fastpass to the Splash Mountain Cast Member. The sad thing is Dream Fastpass are not valid anymore since December 31, 2008.

Here's how the Dream Fastpass looks:

Aha you should have written that in past tense. The whole it sounded like you can still get them and my hopes were up!

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Aha you should have written that in past tense. The whole it sounded like you can still get them and my hopes were up!
    Sorry.
    Yeah, but I put dates so people won't get confused.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

I like that the FP's unofficial official acceptance of not being limited to the one hour window of time is a guideline.Otherwise, you really only could use your FP for the time of issue.
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stinker Bell View Post
    I like that the FP's unofficial official acceptance of not being limited to the one hour window of time is a guideline.Otherwise, you really only could use your FP for the time of issue.
    I wish that they would stick to the window so that people couldn't use them all at the end of the day. That is happening a lot currently and it makes it impossible for the system to give them out in the correct amounts.

But the reason that they allow people to use the FP past the expiration time window is that there are many reasons why they might be late - and they do not want to penalize them for being late. I am sorry that you don't like that "loophole" in the system, but as it is not all that well-known, I don't know exactly what the impact is overall on the line length due to FP Holders coming past the time of their FP window. It would be an interesting study - perhaps I will post this on another board and see if any of the CM's there might have an inkling about this.

Thx!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sjdimon View Post
    But the reason that they allow people to use the FP past the expiration time window is that there are many reasons why they might be late - and they do not want to penalize them for being late. I am sorry that you don't like that "loophole" in the system, but as it is not all that well-known, I don't know exactly what the impact is overall on the line length due to FP Holders coming past the time of their FP window. It would be an interesting study - perhaps I will post this on another board and see if any of the CM's there might have an inkling about this.

Thx!
    They should extend the window and then stick to it.

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    They should extend the window and then stick to it.
    But where do you draw the line?

That's the problem. If you draw the line anywhere, it's going to be unfair to someone. Maybe it's 1 person out of 1,000,000 who finds it unfair, but that could potentially ruin that 1 person's vacation.

The "loophole" of an unenforced window is an unperfect solution, but it's really the best one out there. The worst problem that it creates is a backlog of FP'ers at primetime (6-8pm) hours, which can stall out the stand-by line. But, those stand-by people CHOSE to wait in that line during primetime hours. They knew what they were getting into. Perhaps they will make a different choice next time.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 243946474849505152 ... LastLast