Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891011121934 ... LastLast

Re: The Joy of FASTPASS - details and secrets

Quote Originally Posted by mushufan
    EXACTLY!!! The point of FASTPASS is NOT to make people happy but to put more bodies into shops and restaurants and spend more money.
    According to one of the managers from TDA who was trained on Indy during the threat of the Attractions strike, Fastpasses ARE NOT getting people into shops and spending their money.
    Tourists. Why'd it have to be tourists?

• The Candidate

I had read that Disney reported that guest spending went up after Fast Pass was installed.

• Banned User

FastPasse was supposed to have that effect... however, it was never really proven to have that effect.

Not sure if this was stated or not yet since there are so many replys!!! but one trick i know is that you can get more than one fast pass at a time as long as the land it's in doesn't touch. for example you can get one for space mountain and big thunder and splash mountain at the same time but you couldn't get one for haunted mansion (holiday) and splash mountain or any that are in the same land ex: buzz and space or splash and pooh. we usually have a runner get space, indiana and splash as soon as we get in why we wait in que for space or indiana. we also tend to wait til the end of the night. as long as the time past they don't care. It's great to ride Space right before the park closes instead of waiting in the 90 min que.

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyEla
    Not sure if this was stated or not yet since there are so many replys!!!
    You really should read at least the FIRST POST in a thread before you comment on it.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Banned User

Mission B.C. Canada!!!!!!!! Off to California!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mushufan
    EXACTLY!!! The point of FASTPASS is NOT to make people happy but to put more bodies into shops and restaurants and spend more money.

If enhanced guest experience was the goal, no APers would be allowed to use FastPass, just full price, one day guests who could use the service.

BUT the point of FastPass is increased profit and that part is reportedly working. So until somone realizes that aimless crowds are really a problem, I'm guessing we're stuck with ClassPass. I once wated 20 minutes in line to get an Indy FastPass. STUPID! Hate it!

I'll know Disneyland is moving in the right direction when Indy is FastPass free. Pirates was a good start. Let the removal continue.
    For real? I am going to disneyland for the first time and I have to know if I should bother going to get Fastpasses. I really do not want to wait in line and want to enjoy my time at disneyland to the best of my ability.

from Jeff

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeffLUVZAriel
    For real? I am going to disneyland for the first time and I have to know if I should bother going to get Fastpasses. I really do not want to wait in line and want to enjoy my time at disneyland to the best of my ability.
    While FASTPASS was added to the park not just for Guest Relations, but to try and help get people to spend more, it is here and not going away (thought it might have an ride added or removed from time to time).

Just read the First Post, have a great time, and avoid some of the waiting in the lines by getting the FP's
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Hate to say it but the word is that we have not inculded Fastpasses in the Indy budget for the upcoming year which looks like Indy's passes will soon be no more.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost13
    Hate to say it but the word is that we have not inculded Fastpasses in the Indy budget for the upcoming year which looks like Indy's passes will soon be no more.
    But doesn't that mean that everyone will have to wait at least 45 minutes- 1 hour for Indy?

On the plus side, does this mean that you will get to fill up the queue? What are they going to do with the outside part of the queue and the Fastpass lane?

I'm wondering, how long must the queue be in order to fill out the whole inside temple and stretch to the outside?

Alright here's the breakdown of times.

Without Fastpasses, it's only a 25 minute wait if the entire interior queue is filled and the line stretches out to the bottom of the outside bridge. With the 1st dig open (around the small bamboo trees) its 30 minutes. Around the generator is 40, almost to the steps of the Temple is 45, and in front of the steps all the way back to Adventureland is about 50-55.

With Fastpasses the interior queue is to remain empty up to the Rotunda area and all times stay the same.

• Minion

Alright here's the breakdown of times.

Without Fastpasses, it's only a 25 minute wait if the entire interior queue is filled and the line stretches out to the bottom of the outside bridge. With the 1st dig open (around the small bamboo trees) its 30 minutes. Around the generator is 40, almost to the steps of the Temple is 45, and in front of the steps all the way back to Adventureland is about 50-55.

With Fastpasses the interior queue is to remain empty up to the Rotunda area and all times stay the same.
    Are you serious?! The inside queue is so long, and takes like 10 minutes just to walk through. How can the queue only be 25 minutes if the entire temple is filled?

If it's empty, it only takes about a minute and a half to walk from the Temple Enterance to the Rotunda.

If we pack it, its about 10-15 minutes.

• Minion

If it's empty, it only takes about a minute and a half to walk from the Temple Enterance to the Rotunda.

If we pack it, its about 10-15 minutes.
    But usually, the standy by time for Indy (with Fastpass) is 45 minutes and that's with the outside queue only. The interior queue is much longer, so is the reduced wait time you posted above coming from the lack of Fastpass guests?

Wink Re: The Joy of FASTPASS - details and secrets

We love the "Enhanced FastPass"! We used to book our trip through WDTC when they offered the unlimited fastpasses but switched to AAA when they took it over. It makes the trip so much more enjoyable knowing you will not be spending the majority of your day in a line but can be out enjoying the park instead. Coming from out of town & having limited time at DLR it is definately worth it & we would stay at a Disney hotel anyway, so why not take advantage of it.
    MZ DSNY

We use fastpass all the time. I don't take time off work unless I'm sick and I've never been one to take my kids out of school (I know, I'm mean that way), so we never encounter an "empty" day at Disneyland. There are always lines, so we get there early and use fastpass. I would be very sad if they took it away.

Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891011121934 ... LastLast