Jassy's first ever trip report and "The Self Repairing Cloud Swan"

Well, here I am with my very first and poorly organized trip report. We got there at around 10:30 in the morning hoping for the best. As we reached the Mickey and friends parking garage we were greeted by long lines of cars. It took about 10 mins to actually park. The trams lines were long but the trams themselves were working very fast to keep up with the morning rush. After making googly eyes at a tiny giggling baby boy on the tram ride I was ready to get in and get my "Disney" on.

Though our trip was a short one, we did have fun. We did get on Pirates, Snow White and Indy... but being the spoiled rotten AP holders we are couldn't be bothered to wait in line for more than 30 mins for any ride. We also saw Billy Hill and the Hillbillies which is my favorite show and always a must when we go to Disneyland. I was surprised to see that the banjo player and the dark haired bassist weren't there. They did do the Puddleprance routine which makes me laugh so hard I choke. We also went to the Thunder Ranch which had very few animals out when we went. There were about 4 goats and the sheep that thinks itís a goat.

On our way out I was determined to find the real swans and snap a few shots (because I love them). On the way there I found something truly amazing. The "Self-Repairing Cloud Swan" complete and ready to repair itself with its own supply of tape.

I don't know how it got there and I don't know how the crews could miss it but there it is. We did find the real swans it seems as if they were banished from the moat and into Snow White's domain.

There they are as lovely and as regal as ever. I was disappointed not to see any of Disney's feline residents. Where do I go to see them?

The hubby and I were puzzled by a recent find in a shop in Frontierland.

They aren't pirate swords or umm... pioneer swords. Can someone explain to me how these fit in with Frontierland? They look like old props from the old He-Man movie.

On the whole, the overall trip was made easier by fast working, quick thinking CMs. Yay for the CMs! Speaking of CMs we happened to get on the return tram with some CMs on their way home. Right before the tram set off the only guy in the he group forgot something and had to jump off. About a 1/3 of the way to the parking lot we saw the poor guy running along side of the tram on the pathway used to get to and from the parking lot. We all tried to encourage him. Sadly he didn't beat us to the parking lot, but when he did show up everyone started clapping and hollering. It was a pretty interesting tram ride.

Now, before I go I do want to share something I heard while walking the park. In a clear English accent a man said "Let's go back and ride "Rockin' Mountain." It just blew me away that the promotions for this overlay have taken over the complete wicked coolness that is Space Mountain.

Thatís it... hope you enjoyed!!
    I've stuck my foot in my mouth so many times I don't think I'll ever get rid of the taste.

• Banned User

Re: Jassy's first ever trip report and "The Self Repairing Cloud Swan"

Great report!!! ODD sword thingys. I can't tell what they are, but, they DO look He-Man-ish! haha! Glad you had a good day!

• Goofy

Re: Jassy's first ever trip report and "The Self Repairing Cloud Swan"

Yeah good report sounds like you had a blast.

• Minion

Wink Re: Jassy's first ever trip report and "The Self Repairing Cloud Swan"

So the Swans use "Duck Tape"?

Oh, the irony.....