Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Senior Minion

Question What Are The Hours Of The Parking Structure?

I'm planning on heading out to Disneyland VERY early to get in the line for the POTC 40th Anniversary wristband distribution. I was wondering if there are hours that the parking structure is open because I'm hoping to be there around 6:30 - 7 am.

Thanks!

• Hiding in the shadows

Re: What Are The Hours Of The Parking Structure?

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    I'm planning on heading out to Disneyland VERY early to get in the line for the POTC 40th Anniversary wristband distribution. I was wondering if there are hours that the parking structure is open because I'm hoping to be there around 6:30 - 7 am.

Thanks!
    We usually get in early too to go to breakfast before the gates open. Usually the lots do not open more than 45 minutes befor ethe park opens (at least thats the official word) I have never tried earlier than that. So if we have breakfast at a hotel, we valet there for free and then move our car. I am not sure what other options are for parking that early.

• Rock Star Minion

On Sunday, I thought I read that it opened at 7:30AM, for an 8AM park opening.
    I'd call DL about the specific date in question. If there is some kind of line-up expected, it might open early.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

You can always park at the DtD lot, get your wristband and then move your car.

• Do You know?

Sad Re: What Are The Hours Of The Parking Structure?

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    On Sunday, I thought I read that it opened at 7:30AM, for an 8AM park opening.
    I'd call DL about the specific date in question. If there is some kind of line-up expected, it might open early.
    That is it the same thing that I have ever seen. Back in the day they used to open an hour early, but now you are lucky to get to your parking spot 15 minutes before the park opens.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I can't remember the time of day that this happened to me but a couple of years ago my daughter and I went to meet a cast member friend of hers early in the morning as she was going to sign us in. We got there before the parking booths opened and there was no one around. Finally found a guard type person who told us what time it opened . Yikes . That would mean we would miss the time to meet the cast member. So I call her cell phone ... and ... she was still in bed at home!!! Had forgotten all about meeting us, plus she would be late for work. She was kind of flaky that way. So we waited and were the first ones in the parking structure. Then we had to wait for her to get there. But at least we got in free that day.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    You can always park at the DtD lot, get your wristband and then move your car.
    So if I'm coming off the 5 South how would I get to the DTD parking lot? The only lot I've ever been on is Pinnochio or Mickey & Friends ... with all the bridges and such there I have no clue how to get to that particular lot.

• Minion

Last time I was there super early was on Mothers Day 2005 and we were allowed to park about 45 before the park was supposed to open and we were not the first ones there. Looked like they started letting people in about an hour before opening.

• :)

It's 45 minutes before the park opens DTD is the same I believe, you can always park at the Hotel at any time of the evening and than move your vehicle later in the day, you may have to pay though.

• Dreaming of Disneyland

How does this work on days that are eligible for Early Entry? I know Saturday is an eligible day, so if you use your Early Entry you can be in the Park at 7am. Does this mean that the parking structure opens at 6:15am?

• Lost in Wonderland

When I got to the parking lot super early (way before the parks opened, like 2 hours) we had to wait for the lot to open in a line. I think your best bet is to park in DTD.

• :)

Quote Originally Posted by ChristyS View Post
    How does this work on days that are eligible for Early Entry? I know Saturday is an eligible day, so if you use your Early Entry you can be in the Park at 7am. Does this mean that the parking structure opens at 6:15am?
    Early Entry is for Hotel Guests, Hotel guests park in the Hotel parking lot which is open 24 hours

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Does anyone know what this wristband will look like?

I'm also curious...does everyone think that the parking structure would still only be open 45 minutes before Disneyland's opening when the Subs re-open?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney1978 View Post
    That is it the same thing that I have ever seen. Back in the day they used to open an hour early, but now you are lucky to get to your parking spot 15 minutes before the park opens.
    And don't get me started on having only two lanes open at 8AM on Sunday.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Dreaming of Disneyland

I don't think Early Entry is only for hotel guests anymore. Parkhopper tickets for 3+ days now include 1 day of Early Entry.

Anyone know where non-DLH/PP/GCH guests can park?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast