Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Orange Stinger Dismantled

Quote Originally Posted by mrtommorrow View Post
    The actual ride mechanism disappeared in February, but I was just in the park on Monday, and a new one (or maybe the same old one but refurbished) had been installed, and they were testing it (there were still plastic bags over all the seats). So it looks to be back soon...
    thanks for the info
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• I am a Pluto lover

Quote Originally Posted by aenobarbe View Post
    it was supposed to be, along with the mailboomer, and the mouse coaster, but it has become an ignored project.

Ya know... that mouse coaster scares the beejeezes outta me more than ToT and Screaming put together...
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• I miss those 4 trees!

Why would anybody be sad to see anything in that park go away (except for Soarin'and TOT)? Has anybody in this thread ever been to another Disney park outside of the DL resort? The company can do much, much, much better, people. They are holding out on you West coasters! Let them do what they will to fix that charmless park. Don't be sad to see anything leave...please! It can only get better!

• insufferable know-it-all

I don't personally like the tone of that remark. Yes, people HAVE been away from our "home park". Some of us to quite a few of them.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Progressive Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by I like the old hub View Post
    Why would anybody be sad to see anything in that park go away (except for Soarin'and TOT)? Has anybody in this thread ever been to another Disney park outside of the DL resort? The company can do much, much, much better, people. They are holding out on you West coasters! Let them do what they will to fix that charmless park. Don't be sad to see anything leave...please! It can only get better!
    Personally, I would be sad if almost anything (sans Golden Dreams) was removed from DCA. And yes, I've been to plenty of other parks.

At this stage in its existence, I believe DCA can only get better by adding to the park and not addition-by-subtraction method that they utilize down in the Magic Kingdom.

When they have enough other things to do to fill up an entire day at DCA, then it might be an appropriate time to think about making room for newer, better rides. Until then, I don't really want to see anything removed -- except Golden Dreams.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I was at the park yesterday (the 13th) and the Orange Stinger was up and running, I have photos of it at the end of my March 13th Album.

Pretty much, they took the ride apart and did basic maintenance such as lubricating all the parts and checking for stress points. Then they rebuilt it. This is the third time they have done this, which is normal for this type of ride. After so many hours of use, it needs the maintenance.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• I miss those 4 trees!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
    I don't personally like the tone of that remark. Yes, people HAVE been away from our "home park". Some of us to quite a few of them.
    No offense intended. Iím merely making the point that DCA needs to live up to the legacy of great Disney parks. After my first visit to the place a few weeks ago, Iíve been reading comments about DCA. Iím amazed at how many people actually like the place. I found it to be quite charmless. Thatís just my opinion. Iím interested in going back in 10 years or so to see whatís been done to fix it. I found myself dumbfounded at DCA after spending my first 2 days at DL. I found the lack of detail and the discombobulated flow of theme to be harsh right after experiencing DL. And no matter what anybody tries to sell me about the Paradise Pier areaÖit is still just off the shelf carnival rides with a new paint job. I found it to be depressing. Any company can put up those types of rides. Disney is capable of so much betterÖespecially right next to THE original. West coasters deserve better than that. That is truly my point. My question about whether or not West coasters had visited other Disney parks outside of the DL resort (of course they have) simply stems from my astounded disbelief that some people actually genuinely like the place.

• Banned User

What amazes me is people are hate DCA with a passion and still go to it.. wtf? If you hate it then don't go. This applies to many people on MC who hate DCA yet still go.. I hate Knotts and I don't go there..

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Well, with the upcoming Toy Story Mania and rumors of a Cars-themed attraction, I could say they are heading in the right direction.

Maybe they will combine the Pacific Wharf, The Bay Area, and Paradise Pier into one themed area...maybe retheme it San Fransisco?
    A San Francisco theme would actually be a much cheaper alternative to most DCA "fix"es. All you need is some War Protestors handcuffed together, and about 10,000 parking meters. Instant San Francisco!

And instead of fake popcorn/waffle cone smells being pumped out like on Main Street, there could be the odor of, um, recreational drugs!
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by I like the old hub View Post
    No offense intended. Iím merely making the point that DCA needs to live up to the legacy of great Disney parks. After my first visit to the place a few weeks ago, Iíve been reading comments about DCA. Iím amazed at how many people actually like the place. I found it to be quite charmless. Thatís just my opinion. Iím interested in going back in 10 years or so to see whatís been done to fix it. I found myself dumbfounded at DCA after spending my first 2 days at DL. I found the lack of detail and the discombobulated flow of theme to be harsh right after experiencing DL. And no matter what anybody tries to sell me about the Paradise Pier areaÖit is still just off the shelf carnival rides with a new paint job. I found it to be depressing. Any company can put up those types of rides. Disney is capable of so much betterÖespecially right next to THE original. West coasters deserve better than that. That is truly my point. My question about whether or not West coasters had visited other Disney parks outside of the DL resort (of course they have) simply stems from my astounded disbelief that some people actually genuinely like the place.
    Yep, and of ALL DCA, Paradise Pier is the absolutely worst
    conceived, least imaginative, most ordinary carnival, with a
    Lot of expensive wood, that makes it look like crappiest carney
    coaster. And A LOT of Paradise Pier needs to be torn apart and
    hauled away, before they can make it into something that shines
    compared to other Lands in other Disney Parks.

Paradise Pierdistracts and demeans what a Disney Park represents.
    So, just like they found better guest satisfaction when Super Star Limo
    was Closed, rather than open, so is the same thing true about
    off the shelf county fair rides of Paradise Pier, and the tackiest
    parts of the American sideroads with Route 66 and it's nearby
    attractions. And unfortunately, not even the idea of an Interactive
    Mr Potatohead Carney Barker is going to enhance this area. It will
    only add to the confusion and horrible plain theme.

EW wrote:What amazes me is people are hate DCA with a passion and still go to it.. wtf? If you hate it then don't go. This applies to many people on MC who hate DCA yet still go.. I hate Knotts and I don't go there..
    I DO detest the WHOLE Paradise Pier area, Yeeesh and whoever
    called it Paradise really needs to look up the word "Paradise" in the
    dictionary. And when I visit DL, I do avoid the area. I MUCH prefer
    how parts of GRR do take you into a forest area, and Condor Flat does
    have the airstrip feel to it. And the Animation building has redeeming
    qualities too. These areas still need more but its an ok start.

BUT there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in Paradise Pier that has
    has that Disney Magic. In fact unlike the Hollywood area and
    the Golden State, which have increased in appeal, PP hasn't
    grown on me one iota. It has done the opposite. It's appeal
    is more and more detestable the longer it's around ~ .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12