Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Re: The Carnation Truck

OK. I give up. Time to move on to other things, I guess. After receiving a pleasant email from Disney indicating that they did not know the current whereabouts of the Carnation truck, I followed with a message asking if they would be kind enough to just send someone out to the building where it was apparently stored several years ago. Just to have a look.

I just got another very nice email thanking me for my continued interest but reaffirming that they've been unsuccessful in obtaining any information regarding the truck. Interestingly, in addition it stated that such information was confidential and could not be released.

If I didn't know better, this would almost seem like I was being told, "We don't know and even if we did we wouldn't tell you."

I think I'll stop doing this now:
    Last edited by Tom Chaney; 04-11-2007 at 09:39 AM. Reason: correcting to :could NOT be released.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    OK. I give up. Time to move on to other things, I guess. I think I'll stop doing this now:
    WHAT!!?? Would Lancelot have given up his quest for the Grail after only a few e-mails and posts to a meassage board (this of course assumes Lancelot was still alive today and computer literate)?

Of course not!! This isn't about finding the truck any more, it's about the search. Please, don't give up!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

There are still some efforts being made to locate the truck. Thank you to those who've expressed an interest and who have offered to help.

Frankly, I'm slightly amused by how difficult getting any solid information on a silly ol' truck has been.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    There are still some efforts being made to locate the truck. Thank you to those who've expressed an interest and who have offered to help.

Frankly, I'm slightly amused by how difficult getting any solid information on a silly ol' truck has been.
    I'm still looking for ya! I have a couple emails out, guess I need to remind them I am still waiting on responses.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    WHAT!!?? Would Lancelot have given up his quest for the Grail after only a few e-mails and posts to a meassage board (this of course assumes Lancelot was still alive today and computer literate)?

Of course not!! This isn't about finding the truck any more, it's about the search. Please, don't give up!
    Lancelot never found the grail.
    Same thing here. =\

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post

Let's hope Tom's search goes better than the Grail Knights'...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Maybe the Knight's Templar could be more successful in a quest for a truck as opposed to a quest for the Holy Grail! Or perhaps we could get Galahad on the job... but understand: I'm not willing to die upon beholding the Holy Truck!

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Use the force, Tom.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

As an amusement while we wait, here's a photo of a legitimate Carnation vehicle. At Travel Town in Los Angeles, they have this original Carnation horse-drawn delivery wagon. The museum's description of the vehicle is quite lacking in detail. It's obviously from the late 20's or early 30's since the wheels and axles are definately taken from a Chevrolet of this era. Why use horsedrawn transportation this late? Probably because it was cheaper and quieter. (Milk was usually delivered in the early morning hours. Don't want to wake up the customers!) Also, a well trained horse would learn the route and easily clop, clop to the next customer's house.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

For your enjoyment, a couple of photos of the Carnation Truck. These were forwarded to me by Circarama who received them from Bob Gurr. (THANK YOU, Circarama for sharing these!)

I've never seen this first one. It's a great period photo.

I love this photo of Uncle Walt in the truck.

Just for fun: take a good look at the photo with Walt. If you look at the top photo, you'll see that the normal position for the driver would put his head about even with the oval windows. See how scrunched-up to the steering wheel Walt is? Apparently, the photographer told him to move way forward so his face would show in the photo. That doesn't look like a very comfortable position to drive!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123