Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: The Former Tahitian Terrace

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    If and when a restaraunt is put back in that spot, I'd like to see a large selection of different Eastern foods. Not only Hawaiian, but Mongolian, sushi, etc.
    Sushi from Disneyland... That just sounds sooooo disgusting!

LOL

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by spunkymonkey View Post
    ...would love to see an Indian themed restaurant, maybe even themed to Indiana Jones (can already hear the groans!!!)

...chilled monkey brains?

• Minion

You know what would be fun - - bring back Tahitian Terrace, but not as a dinner show (since that format has been deemed not cost effective by foods).

Instead, Tahitan Terrace should feature intermittent all-day entertainment, from hula dancers to ukelele singers to steel drums to fire dancers - - but in an open "lounge" environment. Walk up to the stands and buy Dole Whip and an array of luscious virgin cocktails, also pupus of all sorts, teriyaki skewers, eggroll, california roll (only a minimal kitchen would be needed). What a great place that would be to hang out!!! Open the lanai over to the Tiki Room side for guest flow, extra seating.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    You know what would be fun - - bring back Tahitian Terrace, but not as a dinner show (since that format has been deemed not cost effective by foods).

Instead, Tahitan Terrace should feature intermittent all-day entertainment, from hula dancers to ukelele singers to steel drums to fire dancers - - but in an open "lounge" environment. Walk up to the stands and buy Dole Whip and an array of luscious virgin cocktails, also pupus of all sorts, teriyaki skewers, eggroll, california roll (only a minimal kitchen would be needed). What a great place that would be to hang out!!! Open the lanai over to the Tiki Room side for guest flow, extra seating.
    Nah, I'd prefer a full service restaurant. Not counter service.

I enjoyed The TT very much. Having experienced Alladin's Oasis as well, I sorely miss the Terrace. A great Luau show and I have seen them from Fiji to Tahiti to Hawaii. I'd love to see it brought back!

I got very excited when I saw there was a Tahitian Terrace at the Hong Kong DL... but then upon further research, I found out it is just a walk-up snack stand. Boo.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandme67 View Post
    but then upon further research, I found out it is just a walk-up snack stand. Boo.
    How disappointing.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

That sounds like the best idea, so far. And I like that this area is
    more separated from the Jungle Cruise now. It was just TOO open
    before. Maybe an extended fuller menu of what is offered at the
    Bengal BBQ, Definitely be nice to see the Hula gals and fire dancers.
    I didn't mind the Indian style food they served, when they had the
    Aladdin's Oasis Dinner Show ~ in fact they they served shishkabobs ~
    Make it the Golden Horseshoe of Adventureland! THAT is something
    Adventureland could use. And I would really like to see a "permanant"
    type home for a steel drum band!

Or how about a show like from the opening
    number of Indy and the Temple of Doom "Anything Goes".

Definite NO to Chinese or Japanese food! That fits in better at the
    Warf at DCA.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 03-16-2007 at 11:05 AM.

You know...that's pretty much how it was from 1955 until 1962, which this picture...

...represents. Just sort of an open, come-as-you-are, themed dining area with some lite entertainment.

Nothing wrong with that.

• Fastest Man Alive

Trader Sam is supposed to be a good cook. Maybe he could open a restraunt there and invite us all over for dinner/

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Yes...though most people on this board wouldn't be sad to see it go.

If you have a full-fledged Aladdin musical playing over in DCA, I don't see the point of also having a small, somewhat cheap children's theatre show in Adventureland when the land desperately needs a restaraunt.

I don't know if I ever had the pleasure of going to Tahitian Terrace, but I do remember when the Aladdin show and restaraunt was going at the same time. I remember a chocolate lamp. That was awesome.

If and when a restaraunt is put back in that spot, I'd like to see a large selection of different Eastern foods. Not only Hawaiian, but Mongolian, sushi, etc.

I guess we shouldn't expect anything until Bengal BBQ goes away for an expansion of Riverbelle Terrace.
    Hello! Aladdin is due to be closed soon (as In, within this decade hopefully)! After the huge refurb they gave the Aladdin show, they wouldn't remove it!

Now, they could create a better show that's longer, and have guests eat while the show was going on!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Banned User

It WOULD be wonderful to have another Tahitian Terrace type place. It's the perfect location!!! And, maybe they could move Bengal BBQ over there, and serve it with other sides...instead of just the meat!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Again, like I stated earlier, having seen the old Pavillion complex kitchen (including the old Terrace/Aladdin cooking areas) on my most recent visit...it has been cleaned up but did not appear to be anywhere near operational any time soon except for really small people making cookies.

Hope I'm wrong!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    Hello! Aladdin is due to be closed soon (as In, within this decade hopefully)! After the huge refurb they gave the Aladdin show, they wouldn't remove it!

Now, they could create a better show that's longer, and have guests eat while the show was going on!
    Haha, "huge" refurb? What exactly was huge about it?

And come now WJ, you know the foods dept. wouldn't put the money or the effort into making the show in Advetureland better than it is now. They already downgraded themselves...why would they go back up to what they had before essentially?

As for the Aladdin show in DCA...well, I'll believe it when I see it. I do think something new is due for the Hyperion, the question is when that's going to happen.

Aladdin, why do you feel Japanese and Chinese cuisine would "fit better" at DCA in the wharf? As far as I know, the entire park is supposed to be California-themed...what's so Japanese and Chinese about it? I don't see the connection

Sushi doesn't have to be bad at Disneyland. I had the Snow Crab Legs at Blue Bayou and they were excellent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12