Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parking

• Dragons rock my socks.

Parking

Is there anywhere else to park near disneyland? I don't mind walking, as long as I don't have to cough up $10.
    Welcome to the Aperture Science Enrichment Center.

If you ever see a skinny eight year-old looking kid sprinting through Adventureland, yell "Hi!" at me!
    Btw, I'm really not eight.

So I'm sitting at my computer thinking, hey, I need a creative signature so that people on micechat will remember me. And then it hits me: I'll just type it up!
    I sure am creative.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Re: Parking

Most of the Harbor Blvd. hotels have such small parking lots they will tow your car if you are not staying there. I think the larger hotels make you pay to park. You can park at Downtown Disney for 3 hours for free, or 5 hours if you eat or see a movie.
    A signature should go here.

• Banned User

Upgrade your AP with parking.

Actually, I think it $11....

• Dragons rock my socks.

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    Upgrade your AP with parking.
    I wish...but I don't have an AP (little bit of a problem) and I don't go to Disneyland enough to warrant the extra $60.

If you ever see a skinny eight year-old looking kid sprinting through Adventureland, yell "Hi!" at me!

So I'm sitting at my computer thinking, hey, I need a creative signature so that people on micechat will remember me. And then it hits me: I'll just type it up!
    I sure am creative.

You could park in the Disneyland Hotel parking lot. My friend and I did that on sunday and we stayed the entire day and didn't get charged.

Or if you don't mind walking to your car every 5 or so hours you could park in the DTD parking lot and get your ticket validated at the House of Blues (just go into the little shop place and ask them to validate it, they won't even hesitate or ask why).

• Dragons rock my socks.

Quote Originally Posted by nuclearaddict View Post
    You could park in the Disneyland Hotel parking lot. My friend and I did that on sunday and we stayed the entire day and didn't get charged.
    Maybe you just got lucky...wouldn't you get towed?

I sure am creative.

• Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by dragnman777 View Post
    Maybe you just got lucky...wouldn't you get towed?
    As the parking lot is used by those going to eat, not just those staying there, they won't tow.
    On the south side of the hotel, they often stop checking for validation between 10 and twelve on weeknights and midnight on weekends. They just leave the gate open.

• Rock Star Minion

You could try finding a large or mini-mall to park somewhere along either Katella or Harbor, then take either the 50 or 43 OTCA bus, respectively.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Sometimes I park in the visitor spaces in my friend's apartment complex directly behind the Disneyland Hotel. It is gated but you can probably sneak in directly behind a car that is entering...

But what I do a lot is park in DTD. The parking is free for 3 hours. If you are going to be longer, just make sure to get to your car before the 3 hours is up, leave and then come back. Do this over and over until you finally go home.

I know it sounds like a lot, but I have done this a couple times and the amount of time it takes to leave DL, do this, and come back doesn't usually take more than 35 minutes.

I know it sounds crazy but it works...

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Oh, and about the apartment visitor spaces, I want to warn you that this could be risky -- you never know if they do decide to tow your car. And it is not the best area, so you better make sure it is locked up and your personal belongings are out of view, but it is free obviously.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Sometimes I park in the visitor spaces in my friend's apartment complex directly behind the Disneyland Hotel. It is gated but you can probably sneak in directly behind a car that is entering...
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Oh, and about the apartment visitor spaces, I want to warn you that this could be risky -- you never know if they do decide to tow your car. And it is not the best area, so you better make sure it is locked up and your personal belongings are out of view, but it is free obviously.
    If these are the condos on Walnut Street right by Magic Way, I wouldn't park in the visitor spots if I were you. You need a visitor's parking pass to be in there and not to mention it's really rude to take their parking spots away because you don't want to pay for parking. They have sercurity patrolling the whole area and I've known a few cars that have been towed out because they had no passes on their cars. My boyfriend lives there and he's told me the stories. Your best bet is the Downtown Disney or the Hotel parking lots or on the residental streets off of Walnut/Ball if you're that desperate to find free parking.

• A Pirate's life for me!

You could always park at the Castle Inn on Harbor. It's right across the street from the Park.

Their employee's don't give a hoot what goes on in there, so why not???

Well, on second thought, you better not, the cockroaches and bed-bugs might find their way to your car. They might be worse than having your car towed...

Good luck!

• Do You know?

Quote Originally Posted by nuclearaddict View Post
    ).
    You were very lucky. I used the Hotel parking lot once because I was meeting my sister there for her birthday and I did not want to carry her gifts on to the parking tram. I parked there for a little over 2 hours and got a discount rate (she was with a convetion) and I know that I paid about $10

All of the above sound like a lot of risk and trouble to save a lousy $11. The idea of parking in DTD and going back to your car every 3 hours is ridiculous.....so you do this say 4 times, thats 2 hours of wasted time at the rate of $5.50 per hour saved......isn't time at Disneyland worth more than $5.50 per hour?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast