Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Different GAC stamps

I am just wondering what the different ones mean. I got a GAC today with a stamp I am not familiar with and when I asked the CM who issued me the card about it, she said to just see a CM at the attraction. It was fine and I had no trouble (finally!!!) Just wondering the basics about the different stamps (don't need to list for what conditions, etc, just wondering what they mean!)

• Eeyore smiling

Re: Different GAC stamps

I hate to ask an obvious question, but what does GAC stand for?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Kath2188 View Post
    I hate to ask an obvious question, but what does GAC stand for?
    No worries! Guest Assistance Card
    It is for guests visiting Disneyland who have special needs. It replaced they SAP or Special Assistance Pass.

• Eeyore smiling

Thank you so much, I was not even trying to associate the letters with a special needs deal. I appreciate your explaination.

• some imagination huh?

From the ones I can recall off the top of my head:

Wheelchair: self explanatory

Light signal: = priority alternate boarding [I've usually seen this associated with families wearing 'Make a Wish' foundation buttons]

Stairs: cannot climb stairs; so use an elevator or alternate boarding

Two arrows [one pointing forward, one to the slight left]: Alternate boarding

There's also one that is normally used with shows.. it basically just says that you need viewing assistance and need to sit within the first 2-3 rows [i.e. Aladdin Musical]

The wording is probably not accurate, but it's the gist of the stamps that I can remember lol..

• Basking in birthday love

There's also one for using a stroller as a wheelchair for kids with disabilities.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• :)

All of the stamps are listed here except for the Stoplight

The Stop Light aka: "Green Light" Card is associated with folks who have Terminal Illnesses, the stamp means Alternative Entry and Board ASAP.

So if you're ever waiting in line on an attraction and a group comes up the exit, walks passed all the folks waiting with wheelchairs and they get on the attraction, it's because they have this stamp on their Guest Assistance Card.

• some imagination huh?

All of the stamps are listed here except for the Stoplight

The Stop Light aka: "Green Light" Card is associated with folks who have Terminal Illnesses, the stamp means Alternative Entry and Board ASAP.
    That's the one I meant:
    Light signal: = priority alternate boarding [I've usually seen this associated with families wearing 'Make a Wish' foundation buttons] :]

• Banned User

I think that it is a great idea. I had a lot of problems with stairs becasue of cronic knee problems, but they would not give me a card at the city hall and some CMs didn't believe me, but most were very good about it.

• some imagination huh?

I think that it is a great idea. I had a lot of problems with stairs becasue of cronic knee problems, but they would not give me a card at the city hall and some CMs didn't believe me, but most were very good about it.
    That's sad... my mom has similar problems, [because of which she can't really get on too many attractions and cannot stand for long periods of time] and we used to get her a card. The last time we went however the CM was particularly rude and tried to insinuate that it wouldn't save us time in line because the GAC "Line for Pirates would be a lot longer than the standby line, so it wouldn't do you any good." [mind you this was at DCA]

I had to refrain from going off on him and telling him I knew there was something they could do because I was in fact a CM, we'd gotten it before, and had no intention on going on that attraction that day... but we let it go and just enjoyed taking in the sights and shows..

• Haunted Mansion Lover

If you bring a card from a previous trip sometimes they just make a new one and update the dates but use the same stamps as before. This is what we have done when we go.
    Foolish Mortal

• Head Salesman

Cards? Stamps? Have they started making it mandatory that you get these again? Or does it only apply to those who don't need a wheelchair?
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Senior Minion

I just take my cane with me when I'm going to be doing a lot of walking and that takes care of things without a card. Although I have to admit it's a PIA to carry that thing around at times.

I didn't know though that you could get one because you can't do stairs. I have that problem myself and when getting on TOT I was put into the left side with stairs ... didn't know it until I saw the stairs and had to wait for the CM to tell me what to do.

Just in case anybody with knee problems goes on this ride tell them from the start when you are inside the lobby that YOU CANNOT DO STAIRS ... that way you don't get stuck like I did.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JustALittleChange View Post
    That's sad... my mom has similar problems, [because of which she can't really get on too many attractions and cannot stand for long periods of time] and we used to get her a card. The last time we went however the CM was particularly rude and tried to insinuate that it wouldn't save us time in line because the GAC "Line for Pirates would be a lot longer than the standby line, so it wouldn't do you any good." [mind you this was at DCA]

I had to refrain from going off on him and telling him I knew there was something they could do because I was in fact a CM, we'd gotten it before, and had no intention on going on that attraction that day... but we let it go and just enjoyed taking in the sights and shows..
    As you probably know as an ex-CM, except for the traffic-light symbol which is an expediting symbol, the GAC's are not a commitment to shorter waits and in fact, may entail longer waits. They are intended to cater to the guest's mobility and standing constraints.

The CM was wrong to refuse or even retort that it wouldn't save you time because it's not even an issue. But it's a guest's responsibility to deal with limitations by employing appropriate vehicles to compensate for limited abilities or stamina.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Just in case anybody with knee problems goes on this ride tell them from the start when you are inside the lobby that YOU CANNOT DO STAIRS ... that way you don't get stuck like I did.
    Right, its really easy, I just say "I can't do the stairs", and they send me to the right, much to my kids' dismay. They like the stairs side.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast