• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Just wondering something about Buzz/The PM track

I have heard that the Tomorrowland Rocket Rods track where it goes through the former Rocket Rods queue (Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters) was torn out. if that part of track is now history (which from the outside it doesnt look that way), how can anything possibly operate on the broken track?

back when it was Rocket Rods queue, in the front area you could see a Rod come by every so often. In the Buzz queue can you see the (empty) track at all?

The track is on the outside edge of the building. When riding the PeopleMover you could see into the queue for CircleVision. It would seem strange that they would destroy or block the small section of track. If the track was only torn out they will just replace the missing section or most likely the whole track when something gets done to the former attraction.

• Videographer

The track is not gone, you just cannot see it from inside (ie walled over.) If/when Disney brings PM bak to life all they would have to do is out in windows and you could see the BLAB loading and Buzz areas.

RU

• Banned User

I guess it would have been ugly if guests could see the rusty abandoned track while riding Buzz.

But you can see the Rocket Rods track from the Star Tours queue, right?

• Again! Again! Again!

Tommorrowland Transit Authority! I know some were talking Test Track, but I think it would need more space than it is given. It would be good for the speed test, but not for the inside stuff.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    I guess it would have been ugly if guests could see the rusty abandoned track while riding Buzz.

But you can see the Rocket Rods track from the Star Tours queue, right?
    Yes. The whole track will need major work to bring back the PeopleMover, anyway...this is certainly not going to be an overnight project.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Hmm...I am afraid of Star Tours, so I never saw the Rods in there or the track. Where is it?

Hmm...I am afraid of Star Tours, so I never saw the Rods in there or the track. Where is it?
    If you can, go to Visionsfantastic.com, download the Star Tours movie, you'll see where the PM track is. RR was there when the movie was made.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Looking for Love

Are you serious? Why are you afraid of StarTours? It has always been one if my favorites growing up,.....if not my favorite. The Queue alone is worth the ride.

• Stay Positive

maybe MotorBoatCruise2005 has motion sickness
    "Is a man who chooses to be bad better than a man who has the good imposed on him?"
    - Anthony Burgess
    "I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place–a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I saw the PeopleMover track inside Star Tours for the first time last time I was at Disneyland. A friend pointed it out to me... It was kinda creepy cause you could see a few feet into the empty tunnel.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

A few weeks back, a steel brace appeared at the base of the people mover track where it splits off toward Star Tours / BLAB.. Interesting?

The re-work is a pretty big job though - not only will they have to tear out the old Rods track, of course it needs to be re-inforced, new scenes added, perhaps new track too + a new load/ boarding area etc...

I just can't wait for the 17th & hang in hope that Matt will be announcing something new that we have heard very little about!

• Roar!

i'm pretty sure that steel brace you saw was a remnant from the old flag pole they had there before the 98 redo. it is just more visible now due to the new paint job

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

"So... Tomorrowland has always been a problem. The future keeps catching up with us. What should we do?"

"Hey, I got a great idea! Let's take out all the rides and paint it brown."

"I like the cut of your jib! Here's a $100,000 bonus. I'll take one for myself too."
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.