Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• is too darn hot.

Early Entry? Also, Monorail

Can someone explain to me what the deal is with the early entry signs? I generally show up to the DL about 25-45 minutes before opening and see people streaming into the main entrance gates as I stand in line. What's the deal with that.

Also, on Tuesday I rode the monorail for a full loop for the first time in over a year. When did this happen? I haven't seen any talk about it. It's a big deal to me. I even got my first nosecone ride.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Re: Early Entry? Also, Monorail

Early entry is a deal that some hotels (both on property and partner hotels) give with their Disney Package (room, parkhopper + 1 day's early entry) Guests get to play in some of Fantasyland for an hour before the park opens.

If you want a double whamy, try to get early entry and Toontown ceremony (I forget what this one's called now) Where you get in an hour before the "plebs" and play in Fantasyland, then you get to see the show and muck about in Toon Town an hour before that opens while the throngs are putting their greasy mits all over the rest of the park.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• is too darn hot.

Is there a way for a humble AP to get in on this?

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

I think it's only on 3 day or greater Park hoppers and only on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I remember the other's name now "Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness".

The monorail's been on roundtrips for about a week.

Here you go: http://www.themeparks.com/dland/early.htm

Afterthought: I think it's just a plan to reduce the huge opening rush, it allows Disney to stagger all the hundreds of guests from the local hotels with the general admission crowds.
    Last edited by monotonehell; 03-16-2007 at 01:43 AM.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Disney Nerd

Early Entry is something special for guests staying in hotels on Disney property.

The guests are allowed in one hour before park opening, and they have access to

(attractions wise): all of Main Street, all of Fantasyland, and some of Tomorrowland

(foods wise): Tomorrowland Terrace, Fantasyland Fruit Cart, and all of Main Street

(stores wise): All of Main Street, and I'm not sure about the other stores.

• Minion

Early Entry is open to hotel guests of the 3 resort hotels on Mon, Tues, THurs, and Sat. APs staying at the hotels can also enter. Also, anyone buying a 3 day or longer hopper gets 1 EE day with their ticket. EE allows you into selected rides in Fantasyland and Buzz and Space. Fastpass machines are not activated until park opening.

Mickeys Toontown Madness is available to those who have booked selected packages thru WDTC and AAA.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BaseBone
    Can someone explain to me what the deal is with the early entry signs? I generally show up to the DL about 25-45 minutes before opening and see people streaming into the main entrance gates as I stand in line. What's the deal with that.
    Keep in mind that the gates usually open 1/2 hr before the park.

I think the full loop opened two weeks ago.

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Early Entry is open to hotel guests of the 3 resort hotels on Mon, Tues, THurs, and Sat. APs staying at the hotels can also enter. Also, anyone buying a 3 day or longer hopper gets 1 EE day with their ticket. EE allows you into selected rides in Fantasyland and Buzz and Space. Fastpass machines are not activated until park opening.

Mickeys Toontown Madness is available to those who have booked selected packages thru WDTC and AAA.
    Yep, Mal got it right.

The Toontown deal is known more fuilly as Mickey's Toontown Moring Madness, or TTMM.

On EE days (Mon, Tue, Thurs, Sat) it means that lines in FantasyLand will already exist when regular park hours begin.

On TTMM days (Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat) it means that lines in TT will already exist when TT opens for regular guests. TT opens one hour after DL regular park hours begin. TTMM begins one hour before TT opens for regular guests. Hence TTMM begins when regular park hours begin.

If you are a day tripper with any interest in FantasyLand during high attendance periods, what this means is that it is better to go to DL on a non-EE day - that would be Wed, Fri, Sun.

There are many less people who get TTMM priviliges than EE, and TT does not fill up quite so much as FantasyLand during EE, so if you have an interest in TT I would not let TTMM influence your choice of park days.

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by fantoongal View Post
    Early Entry is something special for guests staying in hotels on Disney property.

The guests are allowed in one hour before park opening, and they have access to

(attractions wise): all of Main Street, all of Fantasyland, and some of Tomorrowland

(foods wise): Tomorrowland Terrace, Fantasyland Fruit Cart, and all of Main Street

(stores wise): All of Main Street, and I'm not sure about the other stores.
    Actually, most of the Fantasyland rides are open, but not all. StroybookLand, Casey Jr RR, and IASW as not typically open during EE.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HydroGuy View Post
    Actually, most of the Fantasyland rides are open, but not all. StroybookLand, Casey Jr RR, and IASW as not typically open during EE.
    Also, I didnt think Main Street was open til 30 minutes after EE started, but I may be wrong. I know someone commented the restaurants didnt open til Main Strret opened (which is supposedly when the gates open.)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Little Green Man

Any likelihood that Nemo Subs will be added to the list of attractions open early to EE guests?

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by jibbly View Post
    Any likelihood that Nemo Subs will be added to the list of attractions open early to EE guests?
    I am hoping, but have seen nothing on this one way or the other.

•   
    • I <3 o

ah, I remeber when they were called Magic Mornings and almost the entire park was open instead of a fraction, but that was like 10 years ago
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• I am a Pluto lover

Early entry is on any park hopper ticket for 3 or more days. You do not have to be staying at a Diseny hotel for it. We use it on Saturday everytime we go. We get in at 7 instead of 8 and we do FL rides. We also get on Space at this time too, or Indy (cant do both). We finish the hour on Autopia. I love the early entry.
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse View Post
    Early entry is on any park hopper ticket for 3 or more days. You do not have to be staying at a Diseny hotel for it. We use it on Saturday everytime we go. We get in at 7 instead of 8 and we do FL rides. We also get on Space at this time too, or Indy (cant do both). We finish the hour on Autopia. I love the early entry.
    Indy (in adventureland) hasn't been available to EE in the past and I have never seen Autopia open for EE, only rides in Tomorrowland are usually Buzz and Space. Have they started opening Adventureland to EE?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast