Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Disneyholic

What Happens At Closing Time?

I have never stayed till the park closes.
    What happens?
    Do they tell you to get out?
    If you're in line for a ride will they let you ride it?
    We leave March 23rd for a whole week and I would love to stay till closing time at least once in my life.
    "Some imagination Huh?"

• Sock Puppet

Re: What Happens At Closing Time?

Nobody has lived to tell the tale.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

If you get in line even one minute before the park closes, they will let you ride it. Also, Main Street and the shops are open for an additional hour after closing.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Near enough to disneyland to love the fireworks...

Yeah. I was in line for the Storybook boats right as they cut the line at the end of the evening. Just my two friends and I got to ride, and when we got off security was waiting for us there so they could continue their sweep of the park.

We were like the last people out of Fantasyland! so cool

• Dont make me unfriend you

A loud speaker announcement comes on and says, "You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here!"

A few minutes to an half hour before closing time, some rides will close their lines and not allow more people in line. If you are in line when that happens, you should be able to ride. If you are not in line, they will turn you away from the ride and not let you get in line. Some rides close off their lines sooner then others.

At closing time a nice announcement come on the park-wide PA system. Then teams of security guards start at the different corners of the park (like in Toontown or by the Small World and in Critter Country. Basicily the farthest points from the main gates. ) and walk forward "sweeping" the guests before them. They check the bathrooms, rides ect to make sure no guests get left behind them. Generally, they are not pushy or anything, they just let the guests now that they can only go one way.

Like was said earlier, the Main Street shops are usually opened an additional hour after closing.

Depending on time of year and what time closing is, they may be a flood of CM's waiting just off stage for security to clear the park so that they can start their shifts.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Years ago at closing time a cute recording used to come on with Mickey, Goofy, and Donald saying good night and making noises like they were going to bed.

• Someone's excited!

^ Lol! How funny!

Well I stayed until closing one night and we shopped on MS for a while until MS closed. Then my friends needed to go to the bathroom so they did and me and somebody else sat on the benches by the bathroom and security came and asked if we could leave. We said our firiends were in the bathroom. They left. We saw a truck come in from the backstage gate on MS during this time to. And then they came out of the bathroom and we left. We were literally the last people in the park!!!
    Still wishing for that AP....

Future Imagineer, right here!

"Have I really been on MiceChat for TWO HOURS?!?!?!?" -Me

• Grim Grinning Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Years ago at closing time a cute recording used to come on with Mickey, Goofy, and Donald saying good night and making noises like they were going to bed.
    Yeah, I remember that. I use to love it when I was a kid, now they just have a annoucer "blah blah blah". Bring back the old one Disney!

• Up is Down

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandme View Post
    I have never stayed till the park closes.
    What happens?
    Do they tell you to get out?
    If you're in line for a ride will they let you ride it?
    We leave March 23rd for a whole week and I would love to stay till closing time at least once in my life.

Security combs the certain areas make sure they are clear and funnel you to main street so you can buy stuff for a extra hour....
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Minion

And if the hour is up, if you are still in the emporium, they let you stay until you are finished shopping. The only things not open til 1hr after are the bakery and gibson girl. They are open only 1/2 hour after.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Also, Main Street and the shops are open for an additional hour after closing.

Yes, but USUALLY, not always...

The ONE time that we counted on MS remaining open so we could buy some photo's that were taken in Mickey's House, upon our arrival, we found the doors closed and CM's standing there telling folks that the Park was now closed.

It was our last night of the trip, hence us staying 'til closing, and we had to leave first thing in the morning, so going back the next day wasn't an option. There were still folks inside buying photo's, but they weren't letting anymore in. We asked if we could get in to buy specific photo's, and even showed them our photo slips, but they said, "no, sorry".

No genuine DL Mickey pics for us that trip...

I still chuckle each time that we hear that announcement at closing (when they play it). "For YOUR shopping convenience...".

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Some have said there is a nice announcement, others have said they let you finish your ride ect ect....

Now the truth is the second they close a swat team comes out in full riot gear with a water cannon and starts to use force. They give you about 60 seconds to get out of the park before all they start to strong arm people. DL security makes the LAPD look tame.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• Dont make me unfriend you

You know, I have never been in a true riot before....

Might be fun to hang around until closing time......

How late does the Mickey and Friends Parking structure stay open even the trams?. Say the park closes at midnight and Main Street closes at 1 will the trams still be running and the structure still be open?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfnatc View Post
    How late does the Mickey and Friends Parking structure stay open even the trams?. Say the park closes at midnight and Main Street closes at 1 will the trams still be running and the structure still be open?
    Yes. Don't forget there are also restaurants and late movies at DTD they'd like folks to spend money on, also.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast