Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Nouveau Membre

Wonderful World of Color / Grizzly River Run Upgrade

There's some interesting information regarding DCA's Wonderful World of Color, Grizzly River Run Upgrade, & other attractions from Screamscape.com

2009 - Wonderful World of Color - Rumor - (3/16/07) Screamscape sources tell us that the current budget for the Wonderful World of Color nighttime spectacular was set at $50 and we’ve heard that the show will feature some new style projection concepts never seen before. One interesting rumor going around is that California Screamin may be covered with LEDs to turn it into a bright color changing background surface for the show. There has also been some research done into next generation water screen technology but no promises into that making it’s way into the show for sure due to various reasons and concerns. For example the show can be seen around the lagoon… and you can really only project images onto water screens in one direction, so it would have a weird affect for those viewing on the wrong side. You could use a ton of them around the lagoon’s viewing area, but then the close proximity can create problems where you add a little wind and end up soaking your audience, as fans of Fantasmic can certainly understand.

2009/2010 - Grizzly River Run Upgrade / Grizzly Peak Railroad - Rumor - (3/16/07) I’ve got a couple of updates to the various improvements in the pipe for Grizzly Peak. According to sources, the addition of animal animatronic figures to the mountain will indeed happen. The true question is only a matter of “when” the budget and timeline approval for this “placemaking” project will be greenlit. The funny thing is that (according to our source) attendance at DCA is finally (and unexpectedly) on the rise which is causing some concern in the upper management about what kind of negative guest impact so much construction all around the park from the many placemaking projects will have. The goal was to have all of the various placemaking items finished in time for the 2011 10th Aniversary of DCA, but they may be tempted to push a few of them back. As for the rumored Grizzly Peak Railroad… it’s been confirmed as a blue sky project right now but it’s been gaining some credibility lately. With the goal to rejuvenate and improve DCA all around, we’ve got projects already in the pipe for Paradise Pier (Midway Mania & Wonderful World of Color), Carland looking like it may take over the Farm area, and long term plans to replace Aladdin in the Hyperion Theater with a new musical as well as possibly import Philharmagic all within Hollywood Blvd. This kind of leaves the Grizzly Mountain / Condor Flats area of the left out in the cold, so Grizzly Peak Railroad may be the perfect fix. While anything can change at this point, the current plan is for a slow family friendly mine train experience (compared to an outdoor version of Knott’s Calico Mine Train) and not a new coaster thrill ride.

Re: Wonderful World of Color / Grizzly River Run Upgrade

I'm a big fan of the Grizzly Mountain area of DCA and the rumored fixes and National Park theming makes me very excited. It will tie in beautifully with the back of the Grand Californian and that whole area will, I think, be one of the best in the park! Here's to hoping it happens. 2009, 2010 or beyond! Just so long as it gets done I say!
    Last edited by mickeyandme67; 03-16-2007 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Bad grammer! I need a proofreader!
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Minion

Did I read something wrong here? The budget for WWofC is $50?

• Minion

I hope the AA animals added to Grizzly Peak are The Country Bears!

• Awaken the spirits

Quote Originally Posted by seenoevil View Post
    lol I was thinking the same thing. Maybe I just don't understand how these things work....

And I'm not really sure how I feel about the animatronic animals in GRR. When I read that I thought of Splash Mountain. While I like Splash Mountain, I'm just not sure how well singing bears will fit into the ride. Hopefully the animals would be more like the Thunder Mountain animals and not like Splash Mountain animals. They'll probably put those little bear guys with the life jacket and paddle, huh? I have a plushie of one, those guys are cute.
    Last edited by Madame_Leota; 03-16-2007 at 01:57 PM.

Here is what you get for $50.......

Nightly they pay a couple of guests who have been partaking in some adult beverages to do cannonballs into the lagoon with some colored spot lights on them.
    The Mur

• Awaken the spirits

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post

Nightly they pay a couple of guests who have been partaking in some adult beverages to do cannonballs into the lagoon with some colored spot lights on them.
    lol that's awesome. I was thinking they were going to buy some Christmas lights and put it around the lagoon and program them to flash at night. I don't know if they can afford that with $50 though...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

A new "Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland" anybody?
    -Monorail Man

• Nouveau Membre

Originally Posted by seenoevil
    I think they meant to say $50 Milllion not $50...

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post

Do they take volunteers? My kids would do it for $5.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiser_Tu_2 View Post
    I think they meant to say $50 Milllion not $50...
    Someone has their brain tuned on. Go you!

I think the LED lights on Screamin' sound very innovative and would be an amazing site to see.
    "My coattails are getting dirty." -Brandon Flowers

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Well, these are all things that Al has already spoken about. I always find it interesting when Al's stories make it out to other sites and then back to us again
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Noooooooo!!! my beloved Aladdin
    If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

• Banned User

Wonderful World of Color sounds interesting, but as for the rest, I still say *yawn*.

• Banned User

I would miss Aladdin a lot, but really, a new show in there would freshen things up a bit. Maybe a Mulan show? Or an updated and longer version of the Pocohauntus show they had in FL a few years back.. (more like 10+ years or so back...seems shorter than that)

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast