Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Cretan

Re: The Discontinued Decade

Why is that?
    Stop being greedy.

"The fact is, squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It's the poor man's friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth."
    -"Sam Slick, the clockmaker"

• Minion

They also closed the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes, but cast resistance made them re-open it. And I understand they wanted to close Enchanted Tiki Room, Mr. Lincoln, Tom Sawyer Island and even it's a small world, but they couldn't get away with it.

It's a new era, thankfully - - I hope many of these return.

• Roar!

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    I don't even remember, which year did they finally officially give up on Rocket Rods?
    it closed in late 2000 with a sign saying it would reopen in spring 2001 after a long refurbishment. needless to say, it never reopened

• Banned User

Please take out HISTA, I don't ever want to go there, and that could be the new line area for the people mover track.
    And get rid of Innoventions, because I was just there and there was nothing innovative about it.
    Also I agree with fixing Star Tours, get at least 3 different tracks to play on it

• Hey it's that guy I am.

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    2010--Big Thunder Ranch to make way for a new Frontierland E-ticket attraction

2014--Innoventions gets the boot and replaced by view friendly terrace-style dining establishment(s), and a tommorowland of yesterday tribute.

2017--HISTA/Starcade/Startrader to be replaced by New Adventure Thru Inner Space

2020--Princess Faire Fantasyland Theatre area replaced by an expanded Fantasyland dark ride area including Sleepy Hollow DR, as well as Robin Hood DR.

and destroy the ToonTown mess just for the fun of it.
    I Second, except for toontown, needs to be improved and added too. Otherwise those are some good ideas.

I would also like to add that Main St could go for a really nice sit down dining place. That would be nice.

------As a sidenote I want a churro cart in my bedroom. Mmmmmm sooooo lazy.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

In 2007, I'll give you the Starcade, Honey I Shrunk The Audience and Red Rocket's Pizza Place for 1995's PeopleMover.

In 2008 to make up for 1994, I'll give up Princess Faire for the Skyway.

Then in 2009, we'll make up for 1993, I'll give up the Aladin Meet n Greet in Adventureland for the Tahitian Terrace, and I'll give up Big Thunder Ranch for the Motor Boat Cruise.

Disneyland would be a better place at the start of the next decade. Maybe they'll do a "Main Street Centenial" in the 2010s.

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    1992: Mission to Mars Closes

1993: Motor Boat Cruise Closes, Tahitan Terrace Closes

1994: Fantasyland/Tomorrowland Skyway Closes

1995: PeopleMover Closes
    Those were really the worst years, IMO.

I wouldn't mind taking out Starcade and replacing it with the Timekeeper. I loved that show and am so disappointed that they replaced it with another Pixar based attraction that seems to be doing not so well. I was so looking forward to seeing the Timekeeper this December, it's a real bummer.

I would also like to see a dark water attraction be put into the former Motor Boat Cruise area. If anyone here has been on Epcot Norway's Maelstrom, that's the type of attraction I want, though not based on Norway, but based on mystical myths and legends like trolls, wizards, witches, dragons, etc. It could be a boat ride that goes forward and backwards and has some drops. And it could be a ride that isn't for the faint at heart.

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by sanguinepoppet View Post
    don't close Star Tours... you're crazy!

but I agree... update the thing... make it brilliantly sexy like the one at WDW... I'm talking about detail the crap out of the entire thing... make the film better... different destination... come on!!!
    Wait, you're talking about Star Tours at Disney-MGM Studios, right? While the outer facade is indeed brilliantly sexy, once you get inside, it's about as clone-tastic as they come. (I may be mistaken, but Star Tours is the only ride in Florida that I think was an exact replica of its California counterpart; even ITTBAB and MuppetVision had minor differences.) And unfortunately, the brilliantly sexy outer queue from Florida would fit neither the theme nor the spatial limitations of the ride in California.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Disnoid

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    2010--Big Thunder Ranch to make way for a new Frontierland E-ticket attraction

2014--Innoventions gets the boot and replaced by view friendly terrace-style dining establishment(s), and a tommorowland of yesterday tribute.

2017--HISTA/Starcade/Startrader to be replaced by New Adventure Thru Inner Space

2020--Princess Faire Fantasyland Theatre area replaced by an expanded Fantasyland dark ride area including Sleepy Hollow DR, as well as Robin Hood DR.

and destroy the ToonTown mess just for the fun of it.
    Wow! I knight thee master planner, that's a great list! Although it would be cool if ToonTown was more of a Merrie Melodies tribute.
    We are now under way and proceeding on a course that will take us on a voyage of exploration through liquid space.

Its amazing to look at that list and realize just how many major attractions were closed during that time frame. Some of them have since been redone or the space that they occupied made into new attractions. But, quite a few on the list still remain vacant. So, If I had to choose attractions to be remade or used for a new attraction my list would be:
    HISTA
    Star Tours
    Big Thunder Ranch
    Starcade
    Alladin's Oasis
    Innoventions
    But, how can you possibly pick something to be closed permanently just to sit unused?

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Okay, since we're just talking about Disneyland here's my plan...

2007 - End of 2007 new PeopleMover-type ride begins to be built.

2008 - Tomorrowland Terrace is closed temporarily to make way for construction of an updated version to Rocket Jets. The updated Rocket Jets would replace the observation satelitte. It would be similar to The Skyhawk at Great America. Each rocket is installed with a joystick that allows the rider to roll and spin their rocket a total 360, as well as go up and down.

2009 - New, updated version of rocket jets is unveiled and Astro Orbiter is finally removed, thus freeing up LOTS of space at the entrance of Tomorrowland. Tomorrowland Terrace reopens as well. End of 2009 brings the new version of the PeopleMover back as well.

2010 - Innoventions and Honey, I Shrunk The Audience are both shuttered. Innoventions makes way for a new time warp dark ride called Time Paradox. The difference in this dark ride is complete and utter guest interaction. There would be multiple routes that can be selected by the guest. Wanna go ahead 1,000 years? No problem! You go to the right! Wanna go back in time 1,000 years? Not a problem either! You go left! (If a person takes too long to decide the computer would pick for them, thus taking out the posibility of a "traffic jam.") Then, from within each of these time ears a computer program randomly picks another route your time machine takes you, etc. **More indepth details will be worked out later**

Honey, I Shrunk The Audience makes way for smaller version of Innoventions where guests are actually THEMSELVES allowed to build scientific equipment, do research into topics they find interesting (biology, chemistry, electronics, physics, psychology, etc.), and other exciting hands-on stations.

2012 - Time Paradox and the new Mini-Innoventions opens up.

2013 - Second week of January sees the end of Pinocchio's Daring Journey. Snow White is given a proper ending by expanding into Pinocchio's former location.

2014 - ToonTown is closed for a 5 year overhaul. The only attraction which would stay is Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. Everything else is removed with new attractions added. A dark ride featuring the life of Pluto's adventures in installed. (If you want to know more about this one, go ahead and ask.)

Donald's Boat, the section where Goofy's Bounce House used to be, and Gadget's Go-Coaster are all removed to makeway for a mini-Splash Mountain ride for the kids. In this ride you get trapped on Donald's boat during a storm on the seas. (Of course it would be made more friendly than being "trapped." Don't wanna scare the kiddies too much!) *Needs work - just thought of it just now*

Back section of ToonTown would stay somewhat the same. However, Mickey & Minnie's houses would get complete overhauls.

2018 - New ToonTown reopens!

There's more that I could come up with, but that's all I could think of for now.

...Joe...

What year will they fix Pirates of the Caribbean?

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    1992: Mission to Mars Closes

1993: Motor Boat Cruise Closes, Tahitan Terrace Closes

1994: Fantasyland/Tomorrowland Skyway Closes

1995: PeopleMover Closes

1996: Main Street Electrical Parade ends

1997: Rocket Jets Close, Captain EO Closes, Circle-Vision Closes, Mike Fink Keelboats Close

1998: Submarine Voyage Closes

1999: Swiss Family Treehouse Closes, Original Autopia Closes

2000: Rocket Rods

2001: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk-Thru Closes, Country Bear Playhouse Closes

If you had to choose an attraction to close each year of the next decade to make way for something new, which attractions would you close?
    Toontown with Roger Rabbit opened and so did Indy and Fantasmic!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12