• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Any Special non Disney Events Mar 24-25?

I am heading away from the lovely blizzard in New England....not kidding, we got over 7" of snow today...and was wondering if anyone know if there is anything going on next weekend? I know there have been cheerleader competitions recently. I have a very happy little ticket in my wallet to trade in for my very first AP on Thursday. If there is going to be a lot of convention goers next weekend I will do things outside the park those days and stay in the park Thurs, Mon, Tues.

Also, any suggestions for a tour? I did the Walt's Footsteps tour during the 50th and it was wonderful, but I could do it again. A lot of info for a huge Disney fan that recently made the leap from WDW/Tokyo to DL/Tokyo. I've also done the Holiday tour and it was enjoyable. As I was a CM I don't want to do anything backstage (I feel DL has more magic because I don't feel there is a backstage).

Thanks in advance for all your help!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Any Special non Disney Events Mar 24-25?

Spring Break, which varies, will increase crowds. But thankfully DL stays open later during this time.The DL Tour hasn't really changed, so that would be a repeat. There is another topic that mentionedabout some possible future changes, so maybe in the near future it might be worth doing, again. Also,a Segway tour of DCA is in the planning stages.

Thanks, I was worried more about cheerleaders or conventions extremely crowding the parks. I usually visit in July so Spring Break is nothing for me. If I do a tour it would be in the Magic Kingdom park, I rarely go into DCA. Thanks again...oh, I was told by a friend I had to visit the Cove Bar. I've never been there!

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    Thanks, I was worried more about cheerleaders or conventions extremely crowding the parks. I usually visit in July so Spring Break is nothing for me. If I do a tour it would be in the Magic Kingdom park, I rarely go into DCA. Thanks again...oh, I was told by a friend I had to visit the Cove Bar. I've never been there!
    The Cove Bar is in DCA and it is the best DCA has to offer, especially when the weather is warm and the wind is low. I find myself spending more weekday afternoons in DCA when it's open. ^_^
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

Nothing Special,Just 20,000 cheerleaders and their families.

there is a National cheer competition friday, saturday, and sunday.

Thank you all so much for the cheerleader info! I wasn't sure of them being there. I am definately doing Thursday in the parks (yay AP line!) and I'm pretty sure I'll do the Walt's Footsteps tour on Fri while my friend is at work. Since I am from the East Coast, went to WDW all my life and then worked there 6 years I need to catch up on my DL history and trivia. I am officially now a DL-er since my friend lives in Anaheim and I've been only going to DL (and Tokyo) since '03. I definately could use more good info, or I could just go to the Cove Bar until my friend gets off work Fri. No HS cheerleaders there.

We've decided to visit a friend that has to be in Burbank for the week doing "official Disney business" when he's not working that weekend.

I'll be back in the park Mon and Tues and then home on Wed. Back to DL on July 3 for 9 days!

Thanks again to everyone and if you see a short red head at the Cove Bar Fri afternoon come say "hi".