• A Suitcase & A Dream

Small World Fireworks

I took my nephew to Disneyland yesterday after he got out of school, had a good evening. Around 9:00 we got off the Matterhorn and headed to see Remember from it's a small world cause we hadn't seen the projections there yet. The times we'd had tried too see them (but Remember was cancelled) it's a small world was ropped off but this time it wasn't. I thought the show was cancelled so we went on it's a small world. We got off a little before 9:25 and as we were walking away the lights dimmed and the show started. We walked back and watched them from the the small world plaque, it was weird because people were still going in the queue for it's a small world during the show.

• Banned User

Re: Small World Fireworks

I enjoy the fireworks from that vantage point. It's less crowded.

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Yup, I just watched Remember... Dreams Come True from there last night as well. The fireworks are much louder, especially on warm nights. They haven't been roping off the area these last couple weekends...
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• WorldOfSmall

It's A Small World stays open during the fireworks most nights. The times when we rope off the area and shut down the ride is when we have a Phase Two warning for wind speed and/or direction. Although its hard to hear the cast members safety spiel, it is perfectly safe.
    World of Small

Not long before the fireworks, one night, it was apparently decided that the Small World area must be cleared and roped off. There were only two castmembers in the area. They must have been short handed. As soon as we were told, we vacated the area to higher ground (those terraces between IASW and the motorboat area). We were very entertained as we watched those two poor castmembers charged with clearing the area. You have to credit them for having such patience and determination. It was difficult enough to notify such a large area and set up the ropes, but then hardly anybody left. About half of the guests needed a lengthy explanation in order to decide if they felt like complying with the request. Finally, that one family would leave, but during the time it took to convince them, another two or three families would duck under or step over the rope. It really was amazing. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself. After the show started a couple more castmembers arrived and by the middle of the show the area was clear. It was a good thing too, because it seemed to have gotten windier and I was even surprised they didn't cancel the show because some of the smoke from the show even reached the area where we stood.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I want to watch the Firework shows from Toon Town!

Quote Originally Posted by KrItTeR View Post
    I want to watch the Firework shows from Toon Town!

Small World can remain open for the most part. Some times, due to wind direction, the Small World area can be roped off.
    I, personally, was watching that night from a great vantage point on the River.