Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Bayou

• New Mexico DL Freak

Blue Bayou

After a horrendous experience last October, we vowed never to return, but my DD wants to go during her 21st BD trip in May. Should we take the chance?

• no flash photography...

Re: Blue Bayou

I have had a few bad experiences there. I have found if we go when they first open the service is better. i guess it's before they get slammed and really behind. Other that the bad servcie I really don't like how the people in the boats yell at the diners and take flash pictures when i was trying to eat. On our last trip we got seated by the water, but behind the boat. It blocked a lot of the noise and flashes.

I have chosen not to go back...to me it's not worth it. If they want to be upscale they ahve to do more than just charge the prices for upscale...
    Last edited by SCUBAbe; 03-18-2007 at 08:06 AM.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I was there last month and I think was good. But I have be there for about four years

what I have have read there is hit and miss.

the time I was there I had a Waiter change one comming back from break time in middle dining . the order may got mix up and lost.

for one you will pay about $50.00 person

After all strait out, sevice was great.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Hooterville, USA

Crapshoot at best.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post

I have chosen not to go back...to me it's not worth it. If they want to be upscale they ahve to do more than just charge the prices for upscale...
    Eating at the Blue Bayou isn't about "upscale". It's about Atmosphere.

• I'm Flying High

I've never gone there, but I heard the service isn't very good. I think it would be cool though to eat there with the fireflies and the boats, and NickCharles is right, it is about atmosphere.
    The daydream princess

• He's a Beautiful Pirate..

Not Close Enough to the House of the Mouse

Been there many times and haven't had a bad experience with the food yet. It's also all about the atmosphere. I love it and will never pass it up!

• Disneyholic

We have reservations for 1130am on Monday the 26th. We were told that this was a good time and best chance at getting a water side table.
    Also someone gave us the advice to split the plate. they charge like $5 extra but you both get your starter and sides. We hope to pay under $50. Main Reason for eating there is simply to able to say in the future that I have eaten there.
    "Some imagination Huh?"

• Do You know?

I have never eaten there at dinner time, but when we ate they at lunch it was pretty good. I paid for my dad and I (his birthday) and it was not more than $50 for both. I got some pasta thing and he got his favorite the monte cristo. When ever he gets the same dish at other places he always says that he loves the one at BB better.

• Neep meep beep

I enjoy the Blue Bayou, and luckily haven't had a bad experience in three tries - good service and amazing atmosphere.

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by nmjohnston874 View Post
    After a horrendous experience last October, we vowed never to return, but my DD wants to go during her 21st BD trip in May. Should we take the chance?
    We went there in December with a group of 17 and it was crazy! Our reservation was wrong, they wanted to sit us at 4 different tables, and our service was strange. We fixed the messed up reservation with the office, we waited until we could get one set of tables together, and another waiter who saw ours was in over his head came to the rescue. The food was great! The atmosphere can't be beat, and Captain Jack comes in and out saying hi...he missed our table much to the kids unhappiness. Would we go back, YES it is Disneyland and it is one of the classic places to eat. We go by these rules...well more like guidlines
    1. Never be in a hurry. Don't set up things for afterwards for a certain time. Relax and enjoy the experience.
    2. It is a resturant, so if something isn't right let someone know. You are paying for a meal to your order so tell them if there is a problem. They can't fix it if you don't say anthing.
    3. Remember to treat the staff as you would like to be treated. Smiles and a nice comment get a lot farther than a gruff give it to me now attitude.

The experience is what you make of it. Give it another try and remember it is only the Happiest Place on Earth if you make it that way.

• Winter in Oceanside...

We've eaten there many times and have never had bad service. The food can be hit and miss, or maybe our expectations are just too high and we are disappointed. The atmosphere is what always brings us back. The food is just food.

• A Ghost at Disneyland

Does anyone know if the jazz musicians still come out on the balcony and play for a while? That was a great experience.

As for service, we've usually had excellent service. The serving staff are assigned a lot of tables so you've got to take that into account. As ladydragon55 said "Smiles and a nice comment get a lot farther than a gruff give it to me now attitude."

We did have one particularly odd experience at the BB. Our server was clearly high on meth. All jittery, twitchy and buggin' eyes. It was sad to see as she was a friend of a friend and had been struggling getting off the junk for some time.

• Premium Youngling and

The first time I went, about 5 years ago, I thought that it was horrble but I have heard good things about it recently

I have to admit that I have never eaten at the BB, but I have heard more bad than good about it. After looking at the menu and seeing the prices and hearing the things that I have heard, I know that the ambience alone is not enough to get me to eat there.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast