Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Grim Grinning Ghost

Guiness World Records for DL????

Does anyone know if there are any Guiness World Records for any Disney attractions, visits, etc.????? I was at the park last night and thought of great idea to ride the HM from opening to close and was just wondering if there's anything like that or if its already been done. Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Guiness World Records for DL????

Last year they made the world's largest popcorn sculpture of Sorcerer Mickey at DCA. It was on Food Network.

I recently read that the Submarine Voyage holds the record for the most people entertained on an underwater attraction...

• Comin' at ya!

Most people ripped off for food prices
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Reeder View Post
    I recently read that the Submarine Voyage holds the record for the most people entertained on an underwater attraction...
    Didn't Disney have the largest privately owned sub fleet in the world?

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Didn't Disney have the largest privately owned sub fleet in the world?
    That was a Disney PR claim, I believe, but never an official "record", since the "subs" have never "submerged", and are incapable of doing so*.

* of course, they could sink, but actually "submerge" successfully as a fully-operational sub could!

• Queen of Sarcasm

I know that there is a lady that holds the record for most rides on Indy.

Golden Horseshoe Review held the most performances record for a long time. Don't know if it still holds.

Most hula-hoopers or Twisters...don't remember which...was recorded there a few years ago when they had Chubby Checkers perform and thousands of people participated in setting some record.

Isn't there some way to search Guiness' records/index for "Disneyland?"

• Grim Grinning Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    But none for HM??.......I better get on top of that before someone else does. I've already went and got a camel-back backpack and a sweat band for my head just to fully fit the part

• Drunk On Disney

I don't know if they have a specific record for dark rides (I doubt they would honor a record specifically for Haunted Mansion) but I did find some info on the record for most rides on a rollercoaster (one day won't cut it!)

(http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=1&gl=us)
    King takes amusing
    ride into record books

TROY ESPE
    Entertainment Editor

When Jim King set out to break the world's record for rollercoaster riding, it became a national phenomenon.
    Men from the space program in Houston even got involved. They sent medication that astronauts used to avoid motion sickness.
    Unfortunately, King overdosed.
    ``It put me into hallucinations for the first part of the ride,'' King said.
    That was in 1978 at Miracle Strip Amusement Park in Panama City Beach. King rode the park's rollercoaster for an entire week to enter the Guiness Book of World Records.
    King was a Top 40 radio disc jockey for WDLP, now Sunny 98. The station was looking for a big promotion. Personnel leafed through the Guiness Book of World Records to see if any mark was breakable.
    They stumbled across the record for rollercoaster riding.
    ``I said, `Hell, I'll do it,''' King said. ``I never had a problem with that kind of ride.''
    On Aug. 28, 1978, King embarked on his record-breaking ride. The event raised money for the Muscular Dystrophy Associating and ran in conjunction with the Jerry Lewis telethon.
    Panama City Jaycees kept time and provided ground support. People could ride along for a $1 donation. Some people rode all night, pitching in a dollar for each time around.

All the while, King broadcast live on radio. Local and national media swarmed.
    ``It was covered by all the major networks and Time magazine,'' King said. ``It was a big promotion.''
    King survived on a liquid diet. He took catnaps in the car. Guiness allowed 5 minutes rest for every hour on the roller coaster.
    ``In the early days, you don't take that time,'' he said. ``You try to save them up in case of a mechanical problem.''
    King became the first person to every ride a rollercoaster nonstop for an entire week. He entered the Guiness Book of World Records in 1979 and remained listed until 1986.
    Seven disc jockeys from New York challenged the record in 1980. King hopped back on the roller coaster to retain his title - and raise more money for MDA. King outlasted the New Yorkers by riding the Miracle Strip Amusement Park rollercoaster for 368 hours or 15 days.
    Two Canucks beat the record in 1986. However, Guiness quit listing the mark because of safety reasons. A South Florida man has since rode a rollercoaster nonstop for 6 weeks.
    King, now 52, is a paramedic for Bay Medical Center. With the 20th anniversary of his miracle ride approaching, King has returned to the spotlight.
    On Aug. 28, King will reflect fondly.
    ``I think about it a lot,'' he said. ``I have a huge scrapbook. It's just something to look back on.'' Miracle Strip Amusement Park celebrates its own anniversary this summer - 35 years. King said he's proud to be part of the park's lore.
    Last edited by Guy Hutchinson; 03-19-2007 at 11:01 AM. Reason: added link

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I heard about the lady for Indy. She had the Indy CM's ride with her on her 5000th ride.

My very good friend is at ride 1172 for The Tower. I don't know if there is a record for The Tower.

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    I heard about the lady for Indy. She had the Indy CM's ride with her on her 5000th ride.

My very good friend is at ride 1172 for The Tower. I don't know if there is a record for The Tower.
    There's only one ride I can think of going on that many times and it has nothing to do with DL

• Grim Grinning Ghost

Wow, I guess I should get started quick then. I know I've been on HM atleast 1,000 times but no for sure number. Oh well, I'll just have to start over at 1. Guess I know what I'm doing when I get off work tomorrow

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    Her name is Gwen and we rode with her twice in October. She is really sweet and loves INDY!!!!

Check out this thread:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ight=gwen+indy
    Foolish Mortal

• Banned User

I could never ride any of those rides over and over like that. Well, maybe Splash Mountain.. but how could you prove you've ridden it that many times anyway?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast