Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Drunk On Disney!

Re: Quick fix for Motor Boat puddle

Quote Originally Posted by abarry90 View Post
    How about bringing the Pirate Ship Restaurant back? That was gone before my first visit to DL in 1984. But the pictures look soooo cool! Can't believe they ever took it out! From the sound of it, it was one of the parks most popular restaurants. How about some good ole fish n' chips!
    Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    >>How about bringing the Pirate Ship Restaurant back? That was gone before my first visit to DL in 1984. But the pictures look soooo cool! Can't believe they ever took it out! From the sound of it, it was one of the parks most popular restaurants. How about some good ole fish n' chips!<<

That would be the best plan of all if they wanted spend the money - - bring back Captain Hook's Ship and Skull Rock in that location.

>>I like your idea. would you want it to be boardable?<<

If you mean his idea of restoring the pirate ship - - definitely.

But if you're talking about the original post re: the Nautilus - - I don't think that would be possible with an existing WDW sub - - just use it as a super-cool scenic prop.

...Of course if they wanted to put a Nautilus walk thru ala DLP there it would be fine by me!
    I really like the idea of the pirate ship and the nautilus. I think it would be cool to have the nautilus just kinda sitting in the lagoon back where the monrail runs and the people mover will run. It would be a new tribute to the past.

Whether it's the Nautilus, the Pirate Ship, Resteraunt, or the old Motor Boat cruise, or something totally new ... they really should do something with this area. Right now it just seems to be a waste of space.

• Eeyore smiling

Would Disney consider the pirate ship restaurant, with PP and Hook having a home base to hang out at, be considered theme appropriate for that space? I am slightly confused as to whether that is TL or FL?

• Drunk On Disney!

I think the pirate ship is a better way to have more pirate stuff than destroying TSI.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Well that's depressing.

I wonder if any survived Castway Cay - - or they could dig up that last one at WDW.

What a stupid way to treat priceless assets. We could have had a nice decoration at Disneyland for years now.
    The top half that was used at the Disney-MGM Studios was spotted recently backstage at Future World. I do agree though that the nautalis would provide aid in that transition between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland (the tomorrow that never was).

• Minion

>>The top half that was used at the Disney-MGM Studios was spotted recently backstage at Future World.<<

Send it to Anaheim!!! We can always find a base to stick it on.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

>>The top half that was used at the Disney-MGM Studios was spotted recently backstage at Future World.<<

Send it to Anaheim!!! We can always find a base to stick it on.
    If situated properly it shouldn't even need much of a base. I believe that only the top half was built for Discoveryland. Heck, there's probably plenty of room for the Mysteries of the Nautalis.
    Last edited by lazyboy97O; 03-19-2007 at 08:34 PM.

Lightbulb Re: Quick fix for Motor Boat puddle

Seeing as that area is kinda small, I think they should put in a miniature submarine lagoon with miniature submarines guests can drive.

That way, The Resort spends less money, and they can actually make money from charging people to drive the little yellow submarines.

Any thoughts?

• Minion

Wow - -Here's a great site with full photo documentation on what happened to all the WDW Nautilus subs!

http://www.20kride.com/photos_after.html

And guess what? ONE survives as the earlier post said! The top half fiberglass hull that had been used at Disney/MGM for display is now backstage at Epcot - where it was spotted in January of this year - - only two months ago! Photo:

It's not even being used! Please Imagineers -- have it sent out to Disneyland where we'll give it a loving, permanent home in our mini-lagoon queue. At least save it from the indignity of being pin-trading event decor!!!
    Last edited by merlinjones; 03-19-2007 at 09:11 PM.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

That site is where I posted that big quote from. It is wonderful what dedicated fans have done for great attractions.

• Minion

>>It is wonderful what dedicated fans have done for great attractions.<<

Wouldn't it be great if his detective work resulted in the last Nautilus being preserved for posterity here at Disneyland?

• U. B. Bold

Great idea Merlin. Even if the old sub shell is unavailable, it would be pretty easy to do a poured concrete version like the one at DLP. In fact, that would probably be more cost effective (and longer lasting) than trying to salvage and move the old shell from Florida. It would make a perfect transition between Tomorrowland to Fantasyland.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Minion

>>Even if the old sub shell is unavailable, it would be pretty easy to do a poured concrete version like the one at DLP. In fact, that would probably be more cost effective (and longer lasting) than trying to salvage and move the old shell from Florida. It would make a perfect transition between Tomorrowland to Fantasyland.<<

The one at DLP looks really great.

• I have returned !!

well how about we make more fiberlass ugly castle moat swans and float those out there. Then we can have a sort of skeet shoot. i betcha it would keep the mosquitos away.. i mean its working for the castle. just sayin...

Mickey's cool but Johnny Depp Rocks !

Got Tiger? I do !!

LAST DLR Trip ? POTC: AWE PREMIERE !! 5-17~5-24
    next trip?? Dec 2007

• Minion

>>well how about we make more fiberlass ugly castle moat swans and float those out there. <<

One of the Million Dreams should be to make those faux-swans disappear!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast