Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• I have returned !!

Re: Quick fix for Motor Boat puddle

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    >>well how about we make more fiberlass ugly castle moat swans and float those out there. <<

One of the Million Dreams should be to make those faux-swans disappear!
    maybe they could give them away as prizes? like.. to the last person in for the day is responsible for taking one home?
    Oh well then they wont work for vector control will they? hmm.. there goes that idea.

Mickey's cool but Johnny Depp Rocks !

Got Tiger? I do !!

LAST DLR Trip ? POTC: AWE PREMIERE !! 5-17~5-24
    next trip?? Dec 2007

• Minion

Smile Re: Quick fix for Motor Boat puddle

If they did manage to salvage the remaining WDW Nautilus hull (which looks to be about two-thirds of the ship facade, nose to the dorsal fin), it could be attached to a cement base that extends back to the proper length. Then they could add a new tail and pointy nose to complete the full-length ship illusion in the "dark water" MBC lagoon. Add lights and music.

Quote Originally Posted by abarry90 View Post
    How about bringing the Pirate Ship Restaurant back? That was gone before my first visit to DL in 1984. But the pictures look soooo cool! Can't believe they ever took it out! From the sound of it, it was one of the parks most popular restaurants. How about some good ole fish n' chips!

During the Fantasyland re-do they decided to salvage the ship and relocate it to another area of fanatsyland. I believe it was close to the motorboat crusie area. The wooden ship had so much internal rot that when they began to move it it fell apart. It was never rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I really think the back part of the MBC is going to be the queue for the subs. I have ridden on the monorail various times last week and they are clearly putting in a meandering trail that goes from this area, under the Autopia bridges and looks like it may utilize some of the lagoon cliffs at some point...

Seeing what they are doing, and if this is really a part of the queue, I am really looking forward to it! (the ride and the queue)

Its not going to be queue for the submarine. There is no way to reach that area without crossing traffic lanes for the autopia at the moment.

The area that you are mentioning will be landscaped and a walkway added that will connect the emergency exit door from the new cavern in the subs to the backstage area.

I don't think a large submarine would thematically fit in where some have proposed it to be placed. Remember, just a few steps away is a princess meet and greet in Fantasyland. The area may look a bit odd.
    "My coattails are getting dirty." -Brandon Flowers

• Minion

>>I don't think a large submarine would thematically fit in where some have proposed it to be placed. Remember, just a few steps away is a princess meet and greet in Fantasyland. The area may look a bit odd.<<

Not at all. The area we're talking about is rather visually isolated and nowhere near the Princess Faire - - and Nautilus is the perfect transition from Fantasyland to Submarine Voyage. It would have a spotlight to itself in that place.

Remember too that WDW's 20,000 Leagues attraction was in Fantasyland, right across from Mr Toad and Mad Tea Party. Looked fine. Cool visual contrasts, if in theme, are a great pleasure at Disneyland.

i like the ideas. It just worries me that if the area was turned into a meet and greet or picture spot that nothing would then be done in the future with the land if the area turns out popular.

The area has been considered for future attraction expansions so a simple meet and greet or kids play area would most likely delay or derail anything for that area

• U. B. Bold

Here's a visual aid to help the conversation along:

I Photoshopped the DLP Nautilus into the MBC lagoon and added a bubble effect to make it look as though it just surfaced there.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post

I Photoshopped the DLP Nautilus into the MBC lagoon and added a bubble effect to make it look as though it just surfaced there.

Hmm...

Sounded like a good idea on paper. Seeing this photoshopped, it kind of looks like those poor people are about to be eaten by some huge monster! I don't know, now...

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Sounded like a good idea on paper. Seeing this photoshopped, it kind of looks like those poor people are about to be eaten by some huge monster! I don't know, now...
    Well it is supposed to look like a monster. I'd love to meet Captain Nemo in the parks.

• Star Tours Fan

Do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post

• Minion

Hooray for Big Thunder and his photoshop skills (nice efx too: bubbles, reflection)!

"When the world is truly ready for a new and better life, all these things will come to pass. In God's good time." - - Captain Nemo
    Last edited by merlinjones; 03-20-2007 at 04:01 PM.

• U. B. Bold

Thanks. The subs a little too small in my opinion, but that was the best pic of the MBC swamp I could find.

I think it would be very cool (and, again, easy to do) if they added air bubbles, sound and nightime lighting effects to give the whole thing a little movement. If we want to get really elaborate, why not disguise that Monorail beam with a Mysterious Island type volcanic cave that the Monorail could pass right through? The Nautilus would look like it was just emerging from it's hidden lair. A few puffs of steam could even billow out from time to time.

Of course, now we're getting way beyond a temporary fix to an under used area.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Minion

Good subliminal support for the Submarine Voyage down the way...

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Its not going to be queue for the submarine. There is no way to reach that area without crossing traffic lanes for the autopia at the moment.

The area that you are mentioning will be landscaped and a walkway added that will connect the emergency exit door from the new cavern in the subs to the backstage area.
    The queue goes under the Autopia bridges and then goes toward the east, eventually going between the backside of the rocks and the edge of the Autopia track. Perhaps it is an exit queue but I don't think they would make such an elaborately landscaped queue just for the random emergency exit that may need to occur...

In fact, maybe the loading would go faster if the general exits for the subs would take place inside the last cave so that by the time the sub gets to the loading zone all they need to do is load it.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast