Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fantasmic

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    I love the show...i just think the location is horrible. there is virtually no seating and the crowds get somewhat out of control. I really think it'd be a good idea to build a venue that is dedicated to fantasmic!, ala WDW. eveyone is going to hate me for saying this...but i think DCA would be a good place for this. i think it'd be a good start to get the ball rolling on turning DCA around, plus they have a little more room to expand/build a venue than DL does.
    I don't like that idea. One of the best things about Fantasmic, is that it seems to just magically come out of nowhere. Plus, it feels more intimate when there isn't a stadium. And another thing, after building a venue that was dedicated to fantasmc in 1992, they aren't going to just ditch that one to make another one somewhere else in the resort.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Disney
    And another thing, after building a venue that was dedicated to fantasmc in 1992, they aren't going to just ditch that one to make another one somewhere else in the resort.
    Where is there a venue dedicated to Fantasmic?? unless you consider the ROA and tom sayers island a venue.

• Sock Puppet

I went to WDW (mgm) and saw Fantasmic in their arena and it wasn't the same. DL has the better of the two

• I won't grow up!

I don't like that idea. One of the best things about Fantasmic, is that it seems to just magically come out of nowhere. Plus, it feels more intimate when there isn't a stadium. And another thing, after building a venue that was dedicated to fantasmc in 1992, they aren't going to just ditch that one to make another one somewhere else in the resort.
    I deffinitly love the 'magical' appearances from no where. That is one of my favorite 'parts' of the show. It really wouldn't have the same feel if they tucked it up in a stadium

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• Banned User

Couldn't agree more. There isn't a single other place that I can think of that people can play on, walk across, and explore during the day time; and have it magically transformed into a technically explicit show in the evening. Truley amazing.

And, yes. I am sure that the initall install was incredible expensive. All those PC Beams on the lighting towers, hydrolic lifts all over, aditional speaker clusters, Pyro, Belagio fountains, underwater lighting, water screens... It would be incredibly stupid if Disneyland decided to rip this all out and move it to a new location in the same resort. And to ensure the original design integrity, they would have to recreate the boats, add a lake around an island, and do countless other tasks that ALREADY EXIST. Moving the show would be just plain dumb.

• It's all nonsense

I agree with what everyone is saying...but i just absolutely hate the crowds that the show creates. it just bottlenecks an already crowded area. i know there have been times where i didn't want to watch fantasmic, but wanted to ride HM or SM...and it's very frustrating to navigate through the herds of people.

• Banned User

Where is there a venue dedicated to Fantasmic?? unless you consider the ROA and tom sayers island a venue.
    True, it isn't a venue in the sense that there is a stadium and something set aside just for the show, but there is definatly a venue in the sense that there is a whole lot of stuff permemnently mounted specifically for the show, including the building on Tom Sawyer Island which was built just for the show and several lifts and lighting towers that don't easily pack up and move to this new venue that you propose. Not only would it be a lesser experience for them to move the show into a stadium, but it would be a financial and tactical nightmare.

• Banned User

I agree with what everyone is saying...but i just absolutely hate the crowds that the show creates. it just bottlenecks an already crowded area. i know there have been times where i didn't want to watch fantasmic, but wanted to ride HM or SM...and it's very frustrating to navigate through the herds of people.
    The only thing that needs to happen to make traffic problems better is if they make a connection between Critter Country and Fronteirland. And maybe if you want to avoid crowds you could go on HM earlier in the day or after Fantasmic and spend the rest of the time on the east side. Or you could do what me and my friends do sometimes, and that is to make sure you are in the area of Splash Mountain about 10 minutes before the start of the show.

• It's all nonsense

And maybe if you want to avoid crowds you could go on HM earlier in the day or after Fantasmic
    No! I want to go on it during fantasmic!!!!

//kicks and screams

• Banned User

The show was brilliant back in 98.... Amazing how well the show still does.. even better than WDW's... who over uses waterscreens to make up for the fact thir isn't much room for barges behind the island.....

Why not change out a few scenes.. heck WDW could change out the pocohontus scene with something else...

• Rawr...

You could always add some new characters.... *cough* STITCH *cough*
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

Or you could do what me and my friends do sometimes, and that is to make sure you are in the area of Splash Mountain about 10 minutes before the start of the show.
    That's something my dad and I used to do. Back when they had the Electrical Parade AND Fantasmic running, we'd watch the parade and Fantasy in the Sky, run over to POTC where there'd be no line, hop off and get a spot for Fantasmic, and immidiatly after, we'd run to HM where, again, there'd be no line.

It's crazy how popular Fantasmic has gotten over the years. The last time I went (about 2 summers ago) it was so crowded, I could barely find a spot. There's no way now I could run back and forth like I used to.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by IndyJn511
    You could always add some new characters.... *cough* STITCH *cough*
    The Day stitch is added to Fantasmic.. is the day Eisner is king of the world... the he will dissappear within 48 hours...
    (wonder does he have a pet... named stitch... seriously.. abusing this disney 2D feature animation.. which used water color...)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm
    He is only gone for a lil bit (they hope) they have been having problems with the rigging for a while now. That is a large part of the show so if he is gone they might just change over to Disney-MGM's version of all the bubbles. But I don't think they can do that with the time and everything. Just to put in another clip would cause some major reprograming.

J
    The bubbles are so tacky!!!!!!

I love the show...i just think the location is horrible. there is virtually no seating and the crowds get somewhat out of control. I really think it'd be a good idea to build a venue that is dedicated to fantasmic!, ala WDW. eveyone is going to hate me for saying this...but i think DCA would be a good place for this. i think it'd be a good start to get the ball rolling on turning DCA around, plus they have a little more room to expand/build a venue than DL does.
    this would make me sad. it is so much more fur to see the show come from nothing that sitting in a seat in WDW.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast